Sign in to follow this  
Whalevolution

@WhalersBrigade Bring 'em Back!

That's what I've been talking about for years. My mantra has been "take it to the streets". Which by the way includes the XL center inside and out. Bushnell Park during lunch hour in spring has been a venue for such things for generations. If the St. Paddy"s day parade is going to be list please no 2 weeks about where to park. Just kidding.

Almost forgot. What about a chant during a Pack game "we want the Huskies". If you do an outside thing signs of UConn Hockey East and Whalers NHL together. Are you down with that whalers4?

top cat wrote:

> Almost forgot. What about a chant during a Pack game "we want the

> Huskies". If you do an outside thing signs of UConn Hockey East and

> Whalers NHL together. Are you down with that whalers4?

Sure, why not. Can we add a Rangers **** in there?

Wanting the Whalers back is wanting the Rangers out, they are the enemy. No kumbaya, holding hands and singing songs about our Whalers will accomplish anything. Everything pro Whalers is anti Rangers by default. That's where Hartford is right now. The biggest obstacle to Hartford hockey success right now is MSG.

Yes Rangers need to leave for NHL but that will happen no matter who was here.

Never said anything about kumbyayin but no city has ever gotten an NHL team by bashing another.

I'm just simply stating the account is about the Whalers not the AHL.

UConn will be a part of it because they are needed to get that Arena.

Everyone should go to the Tournament coming up!

Whalevolution wrote:

> It may already be more important. The Gov is talking about it like its the

> New Dog In Town!

And if it is now UConn, I'm OK with it. Like I said, perhaps it will be UConn that get's my season ticket money for next fall and not our AHL team.

Some Wolf Pack Ees think this tournament is going to be a disaster.

I too think it will make the AHL crowds look large.

Too bad because if there are Whaler fans that won't go to AHL but will support UConn there's a chance to make an impression.

Some people believe that there will be no Whaler gear at any of these UConn games.

top cat wrote:

> Almost forgot. What about a chant during a Pack game "we want the

> Huskies". If you do an outside thing signs of UConn Hockey East and

> Whalers NHL together. Are you down with that whalers4?

Yeah, but then this means that we actually have to GO to a WolfPack game. UGH

TheWhaleGuy123 wrote:

> Don't tell me the Pack guys are anti-UConn too lol....

I think that goes without saying, as most are anti Connecticut and Pro New York and perceive Hartford as their little b i t c h

Whalers4Ever wrote:

think that goes without saying, as most are anti Connecticut and Pro New York and

> perceive Hartford as their little b i t c h

This is why no one should listen to them. What kind of people want their state to fail? Selfish wanna-be New Yorkers, that's who. Why anyone would want to be a New Yorker is beyond me..

Great Face the State today. The specifications and the schematics have been designed, get your tails to UCONN Hockey (Whaler Gear is a prerequisite). Not one mention of minor league hockey, according to this the Whaler Brand was stated to be #5 best seller in the NHL. People, the Brand is and has been the eye opener, now it’s time for this newly formed Whaler Brigade to take shape and drive home the point that the Whalers return is possible. Momentum, Momentum, Momentum….

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

The Governor mentioned publicly how he wants to prove Ct. Is a state worthy of the NHL he said this is a great hockey state regardless of its poor support of the AHL.

Been saying all season how it would come up as a "yea but" and it did here.

The people who dont care about hockey still have to put in if there is ever even a proposal. I was saying to MarkH2919 just yesterday. HYPOTHETICAL : A proposal for a new arena is done and it goes to a state wide vote knowing john taxpayer was responsible for, say, 1/3. I believe that would get a NO vote state wide.

Less people care about Hartford and the NHL than do.

It is just a better resume if people in the state hear that the AHL is doing well. Now they hear, "no one goes", and then someone else says "BUT there are tens of thousands of Whaler fans just waiting for the NHL to return." People not in the know think if they cant even pack the AHL 1/3 of the games why should we build a bigger more expensive arena? Telling them Whaler fans will show when the NHL is here and that may be true to an extent but you know it sounds like typical salesman BS