Sign in to follow this  
cmbeers21

Bus Trip 2/8/14

So I contacted a couple charter bus companies today. Peter Pan gave me the best quote of $21 a person. All in all you can make this trip $50 or less, trip, tickets, and a beer :D I figured New Haven would be the pick up and drop off spot. Figured approximately 4 pm for a pick up since the game is at 7 pm. I am going to post this on the facebook pages and contact HWBC to see if there is any interest. So far from this forum a big fat 0 would like to go. Guess Ill have to wait and see but I need 40 more people for this event to occur. Im hoping I can get over 100 and have to rent two busses. Please spread the word and if you are interested or know someone that may be have them contact me at cmbeers@plymouth.edu. Thank you

Well I figured it made sense since the bus will be going to New York and if people from around the State were going, New Haven seemed like a good meeting point. Its' all good though, no commitments from this page, got a some from facebook already and it seems the HWBC is on board as well. Lets move on from this and lets start talking about scratch tickets and politics again.

OK,

I have reserved a bus with Peter Pan. They will be doing two pick ups. ONe in Hartford and one in New Haven, figured this would be best for everyone. They will pick up in Hartford at 2:30 pm on 2/8 and New Haven at 4:00 P.M. That should give us enough time to get down there. Right now there are 48 seats left and the HWBC is getting some of their people now. Please pm me, email me or whatever to confirm if you would like to go or not. I need to know very soon because they need money and I will need to have a good number of how many people will be going. If there isn't enough this is not going to happen, I would hate to loose out on a thousand dollars. Thanks

So the latest word is that we can get a section for 100 people. Might be a little pricier but we can all sit together. I am coordinating with a guy now from the HWBC, I guess they were planning on going too. I'm all over facebook with this too. Maybe just maybe we can get 100. I hope so.

Been talking to the Prez of HWBC they have a 54 seat bus and have sold 4 so far.

They have been working with the Islanders and if we sell out the bus they will hook us up with lower bowl seats. Better TV shots for our group which will all be in one section. If we sell the bus we can also be invited to a meet and greet within the stadium after the game.

Prices will probably be around 80-85 dollars includes bus, lower bowl seat, and after game meet and greet.

This is it! If this bus doesn't sell we all might as well give up!

Maybe Vince will by a ticket to see his Icelanders?

Whalevolution wrote:

>

> This is it! If this bus doesn't sell we all might as well give up!

>

I absolutely agree Pete. The only voice of reason. Its kind of embarr*****ing when Quebec fans can fill 23 buses and Hartford fans cant even fill one, lol.

Guys, went to the UCONN tournament that Sunday. THEN my son, daughter, and myself were sick the rest of the week (sh$t I thought it was the hotdogs). Anyway...My January tickets on the 4th went straight into the trash. I’m not missing this opportunity this time around! Guys enough with ahl Hockey get you’re a ss on this bus NOW.

Jimmy good for you MAN don’t be disappointed this fight is on all fronts, everyone is needed.

Now do it again!

For my man TC I know a place for you to park in the South End, but your blood better carry the Italian genes or if not it better be able to take on some lead pipes. OH the good old days when Uncle JR. Roamed Hartford. TC I hoped I helped crack a smile on that frozen face of yours, but if not maybe this will.

“You’re NOT out! You are in! When you are dead then you out!.”

Whaler Nation :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Hey 4WHA, I'll never give up. Like Tim Allen would proclaim over and over in "Galaxy Quest", "Never give up, NEVER surrender!" HAHAHA. I have to wait until that date gets closer before I can commit, but I'm willing to go with my brother and nephews again whether the bus is **ll or not. Let's Go Whale!!!

PS: If you haven't seen "Galaxy Quest" change that. It's hilarious.

Guys...I think these bus trips are great and don't get me wrong I applaud all efforts toward the cause, but ethics is the second such bus trip. These trips provide a little notoriety but don't play to our strength as a market. We won't ever equal the buses tha Quebec sent.

Our market strength is in our size and money. We can demonstrate that through a season ticket campaign. I have yet to talk to the Hwbc and really push and we already have 75 season tickets seats sold!!!

The event has been scheduled.....Detail are below.....

$85 gets you a lower level seat and a bus ride from Hartford(Cromwell) or New Haven(West Haven)! Plus a $10 food voucher! Buses depart from Cromwell at 2:30pm and West Haven at 3:30pm. Arrival at N*****au Coliseum with time to eat at a number of buffet and restaurant options at the Coliseum and adjacent Marriott Hotel with time for warmups. Stars will be announced soon. Send your payment via PayPal to WhalerWatch@gmail.com, $85 per person. Don't miss out! Payment must be received by February 1st. Checks may be mailed and made out to Marty Evtushek, PO Box 122

Kensington, CT 06037. Trip organized by Michael Gl*****on and Christopher Beers.

There is only one bus scheduled so far but we are hoping for two.....We just need to fill this first bus asap so we get reimbursed for the money we put in....If you or someone you know would like to go act fast please. Thank you

"Hartford Hockey" is out on Facebook promoting this bus trip as if it were open to everyone, not just Whalers fans. He states to show your "Hartford hockey pride". Well I'll be damned if I'm going to spend $85 and ride down to N*****au next to people who will be sporting their Wolf Pack and Rangers jerseys. Does that not defeat the purpose of this whole endeavor? Please tell me this is not the case.