Sign in to follow this  
cmbeers21

Bus Trip 2/8/14

cmbeers21 wrote:

"My apologies I understand now. Just woke up when I read it. Just so much hate lately. It is obvious to me. Again my apologies. I told myself never to respond to a hate message n I do finally but it was directed to another person. My bad hahaha:"

Apology accepted.

& thanks for putting this Isles game together; it should get some great pro-Hartford coverage.

I hope you sell every available ticket to the point where there's a waiting list for the next game :)

Looks like this trip is going about as well as it could seeing the amount of time the organizer had to put this together. Like I said before I've seen it mentioned on forums that aren't exclusive to whaler fans and that's great . What I was wondering is does anyone know what kind of numbers the nordiques fans had when they made the trip to N*****au ? The reason I ask is that trip really made an impression. Hope**lly a possible **ture trip could keep such a turnout as a goal.

Why don't we all just stop comparing ourselves to Quebec and just enjoy this trip amd have a great time together as whaler fans.. The nhl won't count how many buses it would take to get an nhl team.. We are already on the radar amd that's all that matters..

jerseydiehardwhaler wrote:

> Why don't we all just stop comparing ourselves to Quebec and just enjoy

> this trip amd have a great time together as whaler fans.. The nhl won't

> count how many buses it would take to get an nhl team.. We are already on

> the radar amd that's all that matters..

Thank you Jersey. Well said.

Let's stop trying to keep up with the Joneses and let's do our best to represent Hartford. The tone being set here is that if we can't fill 25 buses that we are colossal failures as fans and should shut it all down and go watch Phoenix Coyote games on the dish and learn to accept it.

Exactly you can't compare us to Quebec, they're Canadian man, they're nuts. Let the naysayers spit their garbage all that matters is we represent ourselves proudly and enjoy an NHL game that Wolf fan's never will.

Jersey, Plainville, & Jimmy these are excellent points and IMO you guys are right. No question the wind of change is in the air; the reality is that the State is sponsoring a Whaler event for this Wednesday here in Hartford. There is and has been talk these are no longer debatable. So Whaler Chad IMO you attend this game maybe with your buddy from NY or possibly your Dad. You and us can start there, but most importantly we support the ones who invested there time and their up-front money to organize this event AND when the rangers runaway there will be an open road to the NHL.

Somebody asked a question and i answered it and i also said getting 1000+ fans to travel to a Nhl game on Long island from quebec is really impressive because it is. I also think that getting a crowd of whalers fans that size to go to a Nhl game some where some time would help our goal of getting a Nhl team back in hartford. So i asked how do we get that size crowd of whalers fans to go to a Nhl game some where to get people out here brainstorming and sharing ideas of how we do it. People need to lighten up stop acting like me answering will5059 question is a attack on whalers fans cause i am a whalers fan. I am hoping to go to this game but it depends on what my work load at school is looking like as i get closer. this is my last semester and my work load is heavy cause i am looking at grad schools.

C'mon guys, calm down, this constant fan in-fighting doesn't help us get an NHL team. Lets all pull together in the same direction, we all want the same thing! Let's go Whalers!

Just to clarify I think this trip looks like its going to be success**l especially given the fact that its being put together in a month. I truly regret that I can't go but I work for a small family business . I in no way wish to compare this market with Quebec . I was just curious as to roughly how many people and/or busses made the Quebec trip becuase that gained somewhat national attention. I had no intentions of belittling this or any **ture trip .

jerseydiehardwhaler wrote:

> I'm not attacking will, he never mentioned Quebec

will5059 asked 'What I was wondering is does anyone know what kind of numbers the nordiques fans had when they made the trip to Nasau?" he did not write Quebec but that is where the nordiques played so he was asking how many fans from quebec made a trip to a Nhl Islanders game in N*****au.

jerseydiehardwhaler wrote: rereadd your post chad..

I dont need to reread my post cause i know what i wrote. You and jimmytheidiotboy and plainvillewhale all got your pantys in bunch cause i answered the question will asked and cause i said that it was impressive that a 1000 nordiques fans went to n*****au on 22 buses and cause i asked how we whalers fans could get a crowd that big to go. I didnt say it was impressive that a 1000 nordiques fans went to n*****au to dump on us whalers fans. i wrote that cause it is really impressive. i asked how we could get that many whalers fans to go to a Nhl game cause i think it would help our cause if we did. i didnt ask cause i think we are colossal failures if we do not or because i am a naysayer.

will5059 wrote: I was just curious as to roughly how many people and/or busses made the Quebec trip becuase that gained somewhat national attention.

i totally agree will5059.

Edited by Guest

I think most of the people on here want the same thing. But I think whoever originally raised it makes a valid point. Namely, we aren't Quebec. That was my point with the season ticket campaign. I think we have to do these bus trips for what they are...a **n chance to get together, bring some attention to the Whale, and enjoy some NHL hockey together. We are not going to get 1000 people to travel for a game with two teams that don't interest us. That is a fact. So attempting to "match Quebec" sets us up for failure.

We do have to do things to distinguish ourselves from Quebec. Having 3000, 5000, or even 7000 people ready, willing, and able to buy season or partial season tickets to an NHL team in Hartford is what I believe can set us apart from Quebec and even Seattle. Neither city is currently undertaking such a campaign right now.

The thing that we don't have is a well organized machine. We have a lot of people with very good intentions doing a lot of different things at the exact same time. We need organization. ONE place where people (potential owners, press, state leaders, the NHL) can get more info on the Hartford market. There was a great website in Winnipeg and now someone in Seattle has developed it as well.

I developed the NHL Hartford facebook page and I think if we had a similar page maintained by a FEW select people to post facts, then I think that would help our cause.

Sorry for hijacking this topic! YES, I am going to the game on the 8th!

We have two things on our side, for what's it's worth:

1) Seattle would be cool with the NHL, but they're really a basketball city first & foremost.

2) We have the rest of our country on our side, & one of the most profitable expansion team logos the NHL has ever seen.

Edited by Guest

Hartford ,Seattle and Quebec all have pros and cons as **ture nhl markets. This thread took a weird turn after I asked the question concerning Quebec and that was totally not my intent. I feel chad was just answering my question. 22 or 23 busses is impressive. I had no idea , for all I knew it was 3 or 4. Either way this upcoming trip and the season ticket drive are both excelant , proactive starts to distinguish ct. I agree with previous post that for the most part we all want the same thing. I may come across as a naysayer , and again, that's not my intent. Identifying how other cities are "marketing" themselves to the sports world and talking about ways CT can do similar measure is only intended by me to end up in a positive light.

Will my naysayer comment was directed towards the usual suspects that are apparently all over facebook not you or Chad lol overall nobody on here really disagrees with what is being done or needs to be done to help our market.

Hartfordyouremyhome wrote:

> We have two things on our side, for what's it's worth:

>

> 1) Seattle would be cool with the NHL, but they're really a basketball city

> first & foremost.

>

> 2) We have the rest of our country on our side, & one of the most

> profitable expansion team logos the NHL has ever seen.

Hartford according to a map of sports interest in the US was noted as a baseball city. Yea Baseball for all of Ct.

I guess because of Yankees Sox but I just don't normally think of Hartford as a Baseball state.

I would pick Basketball or Hockey and probably Basketball more because it does outsell hockey here.

Whalevolution wrote:

"I guess because of Yankees Sox but I just don't normally think of Hartford as a Baseball state. I would pick Basketball or Hockey and probably Basketball more because it does outsell hockey here."

I don't really think of us as a baseball state, either. We're just kind of caught between the biggest rivalry in the sport so you kind of just pick a side. I'd rather watch hockey or football any day.

I think we're more of a winning basketball state. When UConn didn't win, they didn't draw anyone.

While the Whalers attendance was very respectable for a team that almost never won. & the few times they did win, they drew huge interest.

cmbeers21 wrote:

> This trip is to support the Hartford Whalers, Whaler gear only is allowed.

> If someone posted this on their website that is fine. If you don't want to

> go then don't, just figured it would be nice to actually do something

> rather analyze ever bit of an article online or a scratch game that is

> going on in CT.

CMBEERS THANK YOU!

Once again, and this always happens, especially within this group, if every little detail doesn't fit some peoples views here -- "its have a fit time".

If certain people want a Whalers fans only trip and want to witch hunt every person willing to put their 85 bucks up then have **n you wont get out of the parking lot. You know I happen to know Wolf Pack fans that would wrap circles around us in Whaler fandom. Not every Wolf Pack fan is out to smear the Whaler name and plenty would love the NHL to return. There could be a moment where you need some fans to buy seats. This thing has been going on for a little while and guess what? Its not sold out yet. Thats JUST one bus.

I am not saying to invite anyone but can we just put a bus trip together without everyones personal agendas and vendettas getting in the way. Its beyond immature and I say this knowing I have been petty like this in the past.

Also when all you can do is rank on someones job, even though their point of view is in the minority it really doesnt help your argument weve been down this road before too, it leads nowhere and makes people think Whaler fans are the jerks. Believe me people tell me who only just read the board and more people do than you think, trust me.

We have to get this trip going. Just Look at what Quebec did. :D Ok small joke!

Lets get this trip under our belts and work on another one down the road. This is the beginning of the end of Hartford as a minor league hockey town and the return of Hartford as Major League City.

Lets make it the best return a city has ever had.

I thought there was a singular objective. To organize a group of WHALERS fans to go and make a statement together at the N*****au Coliseum. Guess not. Let me know when the WHALERS trip gets planed. FYI ......... **n left in 1997. This is a battle, always has been. Kumbaya ..... Have a "**n" trip with your "hockey" friends. Maybe you can also catch a ride with the Wolf Pack Booster Club down to MSG and have some "**n" watching the Rangers play too. No thanks, I'll wait for the Whalers bus. Here's to this Jerk Whalers fan standing his ground! - W4E out!

Ill say it one last time. This was organized as a whalers trip and to get some recognition. If someone doesnt want to help the cause then that is their choice. Same choice someone makes by the article of clothing they wear. We are hopper a success**l trip and will hope**lly be able to build momentum moving forward. I will post an update as to numbers later tonight. Unfortunately most people don't book until ten days before tje event. Studies prove. Haha.