Sign in to follow this  
cmbeers21

Bus Trip 2/8/14

Sales are going well, we are only going for one bus. Unfortunately the money was put up front so it would be too hard to risk two busses. I think in the **ture we can get a good idea if we can do two. Advertise more and maybe get a little press out of this. Anyone going from this board?

Ladies and Gentlemen, this bus trip is officially SOLD OUT. Please do not send any more payments to us. However, you may still purchase tickets in our seating area directly from the New York Islanders and meet us at the game. Please contact our excellent Islanders ticket rep and Milford, Connecticut's own Justin Boxwell at 516-501-6890 or justin.boxwell@newyorkislanders.com. Thank you for the overwhelming interest and buy your tickets soon from the Islanders!

Yes, good job to all involved. Chant as loud as you can "LET'S GO WHALERS"!!!! Maybe you can squeeze another bus trip in before the season is over. Go for two buses (at least) for the next one.

Whalers4Ever wrote:

> Yes, good job to all involved. Chant as loud as you can "LET'S GO

> WHALERS"!!!! Maybe you can squeeze another bus trip in before the

> season is over. Go for two buses (at least) for the next one.

Yes, let's enjoy some NHL Hockey. But before the next trip don't forget about the Saint Patrick's Day Parade on March 15th. IMO that's next on our agenda. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Over 2000 views on this one topic alone, so I can only hope this grabs the attention of the ones that frequent this board. For those of us HERE who have children, nieces, nephews, or grandchildren. As a group it is so important to fight with p*****ion and fortitude so another generation here in Connecticut doesn’t have to witness only minor league sports being played within OUR borders. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF those who carry the same attributes as Scott G….

So again I play this important clip for the **ture of NHL in Hartford, IMO this is in the people’s hands. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Today is the day........Hope I get to meet some of you today, and hope this is a success**l trip!!!!!! Let's get some media coverage so the whale will once again be recognized. GO WHALERS!!!!!

The bus trip was a success**l one. The bus was **ll and others drove themselves. I would say total around 70 to 80 whaler fans showed up for the event. Lot's of people were asking us what were we doing there. It was pretty cool to have the Nordique fans there too. We showed up, took some pictures at center ice, had dinner together then watched the game. We are hoping for another trip in the near **ture and would like more support for the next one!!!! All in all it was a success!!!

On a side note, I watched Malloy's interview today. We all really need to get on board with supporting UCONN hockey to help the dream of having a new building rebuilt. Ill keep you all posted for **ture trips. Thanks

8o people? That's more than usually attend a Wolf Pack game :)

Surely this showing was looked upon positively by the NHL regarding Hartford.

After all, consider this: it was organized by a couple of regular Whalers' fans; not a radio station promo, some official request, or even Howard Baldwin.

It was a great idea that turned out to be a great turnout.

Lebaron- I'm pretty sure they are going to email those pictures to Mike. Ill let you know ASAP.

Whale Pack- Abou 300 nordique fans showed up, they were having a great time just like the little tiny group we brought to NY. Maybe next trip it will be a little smaller bud, something you can relate to.

Booster club meeting tonight in Wethersfield at 7:30. Discussions will be based around the St. Patty's day parade, next trip, and maybe some **ndraising. Unfortunately I will not be able to attend. If you are able to attend grab a friend or a loved one and attend the parade. Lets keep this ball rolling.

Hartfordyouremyhome wrote:

> 8o people? That's more than usually attend a Wolf Pack game :)

>

> Surely this showing was looked upon positively by the NHL regarding

> Hartford.

>

> After all, consider this: it was organized by a couple of regular Whalers'

> fans; not a radio station promo, some official request, or even Howard

> Baldwin.

>

> It was a great idea that turned out to be a great turnout.

No kidding, going back to the Pack has not increased attendance at all. The numbers are what they are and we are facing the smallest amount of people to watch hockey in the XL in 40 years of hockey.(granted the Pack are only a couple hundred off the last lowest avg of 4188 in 2009) I'd worry more about that and my team moving if I were a Ct. Ranger fan. Global is doing the best they can but the attendance slide for that brand is continuing for its tenth year straight. Malloy made not even a peep about the AHL in the end he said support UConn which sounds like to most, forget the Pack. Dennis House brought it up and Malloy swatted it away like a fly. Sometimes alot is said when nothing is said at all. I think we can surmise we are looking at the last few seasons of Ranger hockey in Ct. Weve heard Friedmuth say the Rangers probably want to be closer to NY and weve now seen Malloy not even mention the AHL when talking Hartford Hockey. I still cant believe my ears but thats what we are seeing.

A new chapter begins to appear.......

The Bus ride was the happiest ive seen Whaler fans in a long time and for once they werent har*****ed by anyone from LI or from their own City, everything and everyone was positive. When some Whaler fans said they wish the Rangers would leave Hartford, the Islanders fans, well......... lets just say they loved hearing that. They already expect the Sound Tigers there and for Rangers to take their old home in Bridgeport. Nothing we havent speculated before.

Whalevolution wrote:

"Malloy made not even a peep about the AHL in the end he said support UConn which sounds like to most, forget the Pack. Dennis House brought it up and Malloy swatted it away like a fly. Sometimes alot is said when nothing is said at all. I think we can surmise we are looking at the last few seasons of Ranger hockey in Ct."

I noticed that too & agree. It seems someone finally got the message that the Rangers are never going to draw here, & that their departure for points north, south or west of Hartford is now inevitable.

I'm glad Dennis House asked the Wolf Pack question though, so we could at least hear what what the answer would be. & the (non-answer) answer pretty clearly spoke volumes.

Evo wrote: "The Bus ride was the happiest ive seen Whaler fans in a long time and for once they werent har*****ed by anyone from LI or from their own City, everything and everyone was positive. When some Whaler fans said they wish the Rangers would leave Hartford, the Islanders fans, well......... lets just say they loved hearing that."

Haha, that's great. Hartford & Long Island, united in their mutual dislike of the soon-to-be-skating-elsewhere Rags. :)

That must have been tough to listen to if you're were one of the 12 Wolf Pack fans watching the program yesterday :).

Also UConn needs to receive first crack at arena dates next year as the Wolf Pack are just here on borrowed time. :)

cmbeers21 wrote:

> Lebaron- I'm pretty sure they are going to email those pictures to Mike.

> Ill let you know ASAP.

>

> Whale Pack- Abou 300 nordique fans showed up, they were having a great time

> just like the little tiny group we brought to NY. Maybe next trip it will

> be a little smaller bud, something you can relate to.

>

> Booster club meeting tonight in Wethersfield at 7:30. Discussions will be

> based around the St. Patty's day parade, next trip, and maybe some

> **ndraising. Unfortunately I will not be able to attend. If you are able

> to attend grab a friend or a loved one and attend the parade. Lets keep

> this ball rolling.

Mr. Beers, why did you single me out on that, I wasn't the one who made any comments and I'm glad the trip went well for the fans. I would have gone as well wearing my autographed Gordie Howe jersey, #4 of 20 that I won in the auction 2 seasons ago with the Whale. I had a conflict, I thought it would be more important to see my kid play his college game on Sa****ay since I know there will be other trips. I'm a Whaler fan like the rest of you, a former season ticket holder. I think you're getting me con**sed with someone else on this board.

Whalevolution wrote:

> Malloy made not even a peep about

> the AHL in the end he said support UConn which sounds like to most, forget the Pack.

> Dennis House brought it up and Malloy swatted it away like a fly.

He probably knows more than we know on the eventual fate of the Rangers here in the 860. Perhaps they've made it known to him they are looking to move on? Also Evo you would probably know this better than anybody, is there any way for the contract with the Rags to be voided earlier than 3 years or is that not possible? I've read some places that Glens Falls fan's speculate the Rags to be on their radar for next year. That's why I ask.

PlainvilleWhale wrote:

> Whalevolution wrote:

>

> > Malloy made not even a peep about

> > the AHL in the end he said support UConn which sounds like to most, forget the

> Pack.

> > Dennis House brought it up and Malloy swatted it away like a fly.

>

> He probably knows more than we know on the eventual fate of the Rangers here in the

> 860. Perhaps they've made it known to him they are looking to move on? Also Evo you

> would probably know this better than anybody, is there any way for the contract with

> the Rags to be voided earlier than 3 years or is that not possible? I've read some

> places that Glens Falls fan's speculate the Rags to be on their radar for next year.

> That's why I ask.

That's what I was thinking too. I wouldn't be surprised honestly. Maybe Malloy knows they're gone.

Whaleofatime wrote:

> That must have been tough to listen to if you're were one of the 12 Wolf

> Pack fans watching the program yesterday :).

>

> Also UConn needs to receive first crack at arena dates next year as the

> Wolf Pack are just here on borrowed time. :)

Here's an interesting question. Based on the Governor completely dismissing the AHL and his strong urging to support UConn hockey downtown starting this fall at the XL Center, what do you think should be or will be the logo at center ice come this fall? Wolf Pack or Huskies? Can you imagine the a s s burn from some Wolf Pack fans if they go with the UConn logo and hockey east on the ice? OMG! how **nny would that be? :lol: