Sign in to follow this  
WolfpackFan1998

maybe a bond between Hartford Rock Cats & Hartford Wolf Pack

With the new baseball stadium being built in the center of Hartford, over at Main Street (lot 12b), things are really shaping up fast for Hartford. We have numerous Wolf Pack players now playing for the Stanley Cup, we have the biggest transportation project in New England history over the past 10 years, the Rapid Transit Busway, springing to life in a few more months bringing thousands of people to Hartford with buses coming in every 10 minutes throughout the day, and now with the new state-of-the-art baseball stadium, it will be interesting to see if Wolf Pack season ticket holders will get discounts up the street at the baseball stadium. I do have an e-mail into Josh Montinieri, head of group sales down at the Rock Cats, so I will be expecting an answer soon enough as to how the Wolf Pack and Rock Cats will join in on joint promotions. This is also going to be huge for Biggie, this will put the Rock Cats about 20 minutes closer to him, he is a lifelong Wolf Pack and Rock Cats fan.

Go Rangers, Stanley Cup Champs 2014

Okay, I just got off the phone with Brent Lunay over at the D.O.T., he has some sort of public information position over there at the Taj Mahal on the Pike, and I was asking him whether Route 44 will be rerouted after it p*****es Pleasant St. and he said he is unaware as of now of any traffic pattern changes on Route 44 going through the city.

Still no word yet from Matt DiBona, he was working closely with the Wolf Pack organization and now works for the Rock Cats in their ticket office, so he has been in the Front Office for both teams, and I know the Cats have a home game tomorrow in New Britain, so I am expecting some word from Matt before tomorrow is up.

Sources confirmed to Eyewitness News that the Rock Cats, which is a minor league baseball team for the Minnesota Twins, are moving from New Britain to Hartford.

According to sources, the Hartford City Council will be briefed on the deal on Tuesday night and the announcement will be made on Wednesday.

The site of the stadium will be at the intersection of Main and Trumbull streets, which is adjacent to the Raddison Hotel, sources said.

How do I not find it surprising at all that Biggie and his little buddy take a pro stance to moving the Rock Cats out of New Britain. Always on the wrong side of the majority and the numbers. Hartford is a MAJOR League City, Minor leagues are for smaller cities, like New Britain. The Rock Cats will fail if they move to Hartford and struggle to even come close to their current attendance. Want proof? See the Hartford Wolf Pack. Go Kings!!

Edited by Guest

Whalers4Ever wrote:

>The Rock Cats will fail if they move to Hartford and struggle to even come close to

> their current attendance. Want proof? See the Hartford Wolf Pack. Go

> Kings!!

We are not going to let your pessimism and anti-Hartford attitude affect where we place the Rock Cats, if the fans and people of Connecticut want them on Main Street in Hartford, then that is exactly where we are going to put the team and the new stadium. We are spending hundreds of millions on a brand new rapid transit busway for the sole purpose of bringing people into downtown Hartford, we are going to put a new UConn campus in Hartford, we are going to put a new baseball stadium in Hartford, we are going to have the Wolf Pack bring another Calder Cup to Hartford, we are going to put Governor Malloy back into office for another 4 years in Hartford, we are going to keep supporting the Science Center, we are going to keep fighting for national park recognition for the Colt Building, we are going to support our city, we will support our teams, we may even bring Market 21 back to the city, we will support UConn hockey at the XL Center (Wolf Pack Arena) and we aren't going to let the anti-Hartford crowd bring us down. Forward !!

Whalers4Ever wrote:

> How do I not find it surprising at all that Biggie and his little buddy take a pro

> stance to moving the Rock Cats out of New Britain. Always on the wrong side of

> the majority and the numbers. Hartford is a MAJOR League City, Minor leagues are

> for smaller cities, like New Britain. The Rock Cats will fail if they move to Hartford

> and struggle to even come close to their current attendance. Want proof? See the

> Hartford Wolf Pack. Go Kings!!

Hey, I don't want the Rock Cats to move to Hartford. I think it's a stupid idea, and would hurt the Rock Cats. I hope this is just a "Kraft" move so that New Britain has to improve New Britain Stadium and the parking. It's not sounding like that's the case with all the media pretty much reporting it's a done deal.

> We are not going to let your pessimism and anti-Hartford attitude affect where we

> place the Rock Cats, if the fans and people of Connecticut want them on Main Street

> in Hartford, then that is exactly where we are going to put the team and the new

> stadium. We are spending hundreds of millions on a brand new rapid transit busway

> for the sole purpose of bringing people into downtown Hartford, we are going to put a

> new UConn campus in Hartford, we are going to put a new baseball stadium in Hartford,

> we are going to have the Wolf Pack bring another Calder Cup to Hartford, we are going

> to put Governor Malloy back into office for another 4 years in Hartford, we are going

> to keep supporting the Science Center, we are going to keep fighting for national

> park recognition for the Colt Building, we are going to support our city, we will

> support our teams, we may even bring Market 21 back to the city, we will support

> UConn hockey at the XL Center (Wolf Pack Arena) and we aren't going to let the

> anti-Hartford crowd bring us down. Forward !!

I'm the **rthest thing from anti-Hartford. I am anti Ranger, but that's another story. I am however, very pro Rock Cats staying in New Britain. I love my Rock Cats and want them to remain right where they are in the Hardware City. You make me laugh ......... Wolf Pack Arena :lol::lol::lol: They are leaving in a few short years, not the AHL mind you but the Ranger infestation of the Hartford Civic Center will come to an end. GO Hartford, GO UConn, but leave my Rock Cats right where they are! **nny you bring up Malloy as he has gone out of his way to "dis" your beloved Ranger Farm Team. He made a point to say "Support UConn Hockey in Hartford" but never even mentioned the AHL or Wolf Pack. Buy a clue will you, the writing is on the wall.

Biggie1083 wrote:

> Whalers4Ever wrote:

> > How do I not find it surprising at all that Biggie and his little buddy take a

> pro

> > stance to moving the Rock Cats out of New Britain. Always on the wrong side of

> > the majority and the numbers. Hartford is a MAJOR League City, Minor leagues

> are

> > for smaller cities, like New Britain. The Rock Cats will fail if they move to

> Hartford

> > and struggle to even come close to their current attendance. Want proof? See

> the

> > Hartford Wolf Pack. Go Kings!!

>

> Hey, I don't want the Rock Cats to move to Hartford. I think it's a stupid idea, and

> would hurt the Rock Cats. I hope this is just a "Kraft" move so that New

> Britain has to improve New Britain Stadium and the parking. It's not sounding like

> that's the case with all the media pretty much reporting it's a done deal.

OK Biggie, sorry. I stand corrected

Also, we will be looking into playing a Winter Cl*****ic outdoor game at the new Rock Cats Stadium on Main Street in Hartford, the Wolf Pack already hold the record for 14,115 fans at the XL Center (Wolf Pack Arena) for a AHL game in the city, so it would be nice to pick up the outdoor attendance record also in the next few years. This is going to be huge for the restaurants in the area, it might even prompt some sort of cable car/trolley service down to Front Street, for pre and post game entertaining.

WolfpackFan1998 wrote:

> Also, we will be looking into playing a Winter Cl*****ic outdoor game at the

> new Rock Cats Stadium on Main Street in Hartford, the Wolf Pack already

> hold the record for 14,115 fans at the XL Center (Wolf Pack Arena) for a

> AHL game in the city, so it would be nice to pick up the outdoor attendance

> record also in the next few years. This is going to be huge for the

> restaurants in the area, it might even prompt some sort of cable

> car/trolley service down to Front Street, for pre and post game

> entertaining.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Your vision of Hartford as some bliss**l Rangers wonderland. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

The Rangers are leaving, if the Wolf Pack name goes with them? Well that remains to been seen but there's no doubt that the "Bridgeport Rangers" are a forgone conclusion in the not to distant **ture. You act like there's some big "love affair" the city of Hartford has for the Wolf Pack. The support over 17 seasons is mediocre at best. Like I said, buy a clue. You're on an island mostly by yourself. There was only one team the city loved and they were called the Whalers. Deal with it. Your nonsensical embellishment of all things Wolf Pack related is borderline crazy. Time to take the blue and red Ranger gl*****es off so you can see clearly.

Whalerdude11086 wrote:

> "Wolf Pack Arena".......really?! Someone burst that guy's bubble

> already :roll:

From what I've been hearing the building might not be called the XL Center next year. The contract for the naming rights is up and it sounds like XL might not be renewing. Won't be the Wolf Pack Arena, but might not be the XL Center either.

With the way that we are growing the brands, we had 15,000 in New Britain between Sa****ay and Sunday, we have Governor Malloy (one of the most popular governors in the country) saying he is going to spend $30 million on improving the Wolf Pack Arena and giving us new LED ribbon boards and new locker rooms for the Pack, and now it looks like the Rock Cats want to follow in the lead of the Wolf Pack and move downtown. There is a cocoon building in Hartford, between the new UConn campus and the Rapid Transit Busway which is going to revolutionize how people move around central Connecticut, everyone wants to be where the Wolf Pack are. Jeff Jacobs did another article about Wolf Pack players now playing for the Stanley Cup, and I know Governor Malloy will be reelected again, and with the possibility of the Wolf Pack playing a Winter Cl*****ic outdoors in the Rock Cats new stadium, we are putting Hartford on the map as a sports destination. The icing on the cake will be Rowland going to jail for a second time, and the Calder Cup coming back to Hartford for a second time.

Hartfordyouremyhome wrote:

> Amazing.

>

> Even with the Rangers in the Stanley Cup Finals, their fans would still rather troll

> Hartford than be on Rangers boards discussing the Finals.

I seriously doubt WolfpackFan1998 is a Rangers fan.

Biggie1083 wrote:

> Hartfordyouremyhome wrote:

> > Amazing.

> >

> > Even with the Rangers in the Stanley Cup Finals, their fans would still rather

> troll

> > Hartford than be on Rangers boards discussing the Finals.

>

> I seriously doubt WolfpackFan1998 is a Rangers fan.

When Biggie was coming of age in the early 90s, he was drawn to the Rangers in 1994 when they went all the way, they went all 7 games of the Stanley Cup and won the final game at home in MSG. And that sealed the deal for Biggie, he was a Rangers fan for life due to game 7. Biggie remembers when Brian Leetch, the biggest professional sports name to ever come out of Connecticut, scored the first goal of game 7 that night. However, Biggie's favorite player on the ice was Mike Richter, another American who is in the Hall of Fame and he will forever be Biggie's favorite NHL player. As many of you know, I am quite a few years older than Biggie, I have a daughter probably his age who went to Holy Cross, a great kid, she was on the lacrosse team and went to the NCAA tournament in 2006, but for me ,it was the Rangers who I thought could stop the Islanders in 1981 from winning the Cup, but it didn't happen.

When I read the news today about the Rock Cats moving to Hartford, the first person I thought of was Biggie, this will easily save him 20 minutes each way in commuting to Rock Cats games, he can take the HOV-lane down to the games from the upper Windsor exits right down to the Meadows and he can be there in probably 25 minutes from his house. I am looking into driving to Newington and then taking the Rapid Transit Busway to Rock Cats games, this is going to be the wave of the **ture. As usual, the anti-Hartford anti-Sonar usual crowd is out in **ll force tonight, but we cannot let them bring us down.

NO NO wolfie you and your other pack fan friend are spitting in the wind. I think you know **ll well the rat pack got to go. The sooner the better. No relationship is possible between the Rock Cats and Wolfpack Nice try though. Rock Cats and Whalers would be a suitable one. I believe my strongest rivals on this site would not support that idea. So take that and shove it where the sun don't shine.

WolfpackFan1998 wrote:

> When Biggie was coming of age in the early 90s, he was drawn to the Rangers in 1994

> when they went all the way, they went all 7 games of the Stanley Cup and won the

> final game at home in MSG. And that sealed the deal for Biggie, he was a Rangers fan

> for life due to game 7. Biggie remembers when Brian Leetch, the biggest professional

> sports name to ever come out of Connecticut, scored the first goal of game 7 that

> night. However, Biggie's favorite player on the ice was Mike Richter, another

> American who is in the Hall of Fame and he will forever be Biggie's favorite NHL

> player. As many of you know, I am quite a few years older than Biggie, I have a

> daughter probably his age who went to Holy Cross, a great kid, she was on the

> lacrosse team and went to the NCAA tournament in 2006, but for me ,it was the Rangers

> who I thought could stop the Islanders in 1981 from winning the Cup, but it didn't

> happen.

>

> When I read the news today about the Rock Cats moving to Hartford, the first person I

> thought of was Biggie, this will easily save him 20 minutes each way in commuting to

> Rock Cats games, he can take the HOV-lane down to the games from the upper Windsor

> exits right down to the Meadows and he can be there in probably 25 minutes from his

> house. I am looking into driving to Newington and then taking the Rapid Transit

> Busway to Rock Cats games, this is going to be the wave of the **ture. As usual, the

> anti-Hartford anti-Sonar usual crowd is out in **ll force tonight, but we cannot let

> them bring us down.

Those were the creepiest 2 paragraphs I've read in a while.

Well Biggie, there you have it. He has spoken for you...for some reason known only to him.

By the way, I'm fairly certain that Steve Young, & not Brian Leetch, is "the biggest professional sports name ever to come out of Connecticut."

I don't even know what he's talking about. I didn't become a Rangers fan because they won Game 7, and won the Stanley Cup. I was a fan before all that happened. Just like I was a Patriots, and Red Sox fan even though they ****ed. I don't want the Rock Cats to move to Hartford because I have more memories of going to games down there. I also think it would drain more money Hartford doesn't have. Think about it. You have the $30 million the state is putting into the XL Center, the $10-20 million they are going to be putting into Dillon Stadium to make it fit to possibly house a NASL team, and then you add the $15 million they would have to put into a baseball stadium. It just doesn't make sense, especially since New Britain sells out and has a great average attendance.

Biggie1083 wrote:"I don't even know what he's talking about. I didn't become a Rangers fan because they won Game 7, and won the Stanley Cup. I was a fan before all that happened."

I may disagree with just about every Hartford hockey/sports thing that you say Biggie, but I don't think you have to spend even one more moment trying to explain yourself regarding the ridiculousness about you which that person continually spouts.

While I can only speak for myself, I would guess that most everyone else on this board thinks similarly.

This reality is that when it comes down to it, this is only sports. & there's a line that he seems unable to avoid stepping over.