Sign in to follow this  
WolfpackFan1998

maybe a bond between Hartford Rock Cats & Hartford Wolf Pack

It just makes me mad every time he says my name, like we're buddies or that we agree on everything. Then, people use him to discount stuff I saw, or say "Typical Rangers/Wolf Pack fan."

WolfpackFan1998 wrote:

> Also, we will be looking into playing a Winter Cl*****ic outdoor game at the

> new Rock Cats Stadium on Main Street in Hartford, the Wolf Pack already

> hold the record for 14,115 fans at the XL Center (Wolf Pack Arena) for a

> AHL game in the city, so it would be nice to pick up the outdoor attendance

> record also in the next few years. This is going to be huge for the

> restaurants in the area, it might even prompt some sort of cable

> car/trolley service down to Front Street, for pre and post game

> entertaining.

Just a little clarification for those who may be reading this that dont know the actual record for Wolf Pack/Whale attendance is 21,673 on February 19, 2011. Found in the AHL record book AHL.com

Also there may not be any colaboration with the Pack. the Rock Cats will most certainly will want to partner with efforts to return the NHL and also work with a permanent Hartford tenant, UConn hockey. I don't know what cross sales promotions would have happened if the Pack wasn't packing up after 76 more home dates.

top cat wrote:

> Who dug up the wolfpack guy? I thought he was long gone. Perhaps he's some

> kind of vampire.

I think Jeff Jacobs article about the Wolf Pack players in the Stanley Cup Final got him excited.

wolfpackfan i think my cousin might have gone to Conard HS with your daughter cause the years sound about right. i think my uncle and aunt might have bought some of your daughters art.

IT IS OFFICIAL !!!!

Congratulations everyone, we will have the Rock Cats in Hartford for 25 years, announced on the same day as the UConn Campus moving to Hartford, and tomorrow is the 14th Anniversary of the Wolf Pack bringing the Calder Cup to Hartford !!!!

HARTFORD — The New Britain Rock Cats minor league baseball team has agreed to sign a 25-year lease with the city beginning in 2016 if Hartford builds a new stadium, council members said Tuesday.

City council members met with Mayor Pedro Segarra, city Corporation Counsel Saundra Kee Borges and Development Director Thomas Deller, among others, Tuesday evening. Segarra asked council members for their support in plans to build the stadium, the sources said.

==================

Governor Malloy and Mayor Segarra are rebuilding Hartford from the ground up, this is major, and now we are just 2 weeks away from Travelers Golf Championship coming to town, this is turning into a sports epicenter here.

I just got off the phone with the mayor's office, the mayor of Hartford that is, (not the Betty Boop teabaggerette clueless mayor of New Britain) and the Mayor's Office is announcing the conference to be at Hartford City Hall at 12pm on the front steps today, as long as the weather holds up, and I will be leaving work early so Wolf Pack Nation will be in attendance ready to greet our new sports neighbors on Main Street. Hope to see a few of you guys show up and support our city, on today - the 14th Anniversary of bringing the Calder Cup to Hartford (June 4th 2000).

WolfpackFan1998 wrote:

> I just got off the phone with the mayor's office, the mayor of Hartford

> that is, (not the Betty Boop teabaggerette clueless mayor of New Britain)

> and the Mayor's Office is announcing the conference to be at Hartford City

> Hall at 12pm on the front steps today, as long as the weather holds up, and

> I will be leaving work early so Wolf Pack Nation will be in attendance

> ready to greet our new sports neighbors on Main Street. Hope to see a few

> of you guys show up and support our city, on today - the 14th Anniversary

> of bringing the Calder Cup to Hartford (June 4th 2000).

Shocking to find out you're just another name throwing, insulting liberal F*(k with you head up you a s s. Keep you political comments to yourself douchebag

I think you lost it a bit Whalers4. I had to recheck to see if was from mr. w. We all lose it occasionally, but I did not appreciate the "Liberal F thing. If you're really that far Right keep it to yourself.

top cat wrote:

> I think you lost it a bit Whalers4. I had to recheck to see if was from mr.

> w. We all lose it occasionally, but I did not appreciate the "Liberal

> F thing. If you're really that far Right keep it to yourself.

Typical, he can insult the Mayor of New Britain though and that's OK? I do keep politics out of it until (usually) you and now this idiot drag it up. His comments inspired mine. I'm quite often insulted by your shots at conservatives or Fox News, why can't you keep those comments to yourself? Bit hypocritical there Cat.

I would be more than happy to keep politics out of it, I just wish everyone would, including you.

Ya, That is OK. Liberal F isn't. Also, woffie is not playing with a **ll deck I think we all know that. Even biggie said he's nuts. I'm done with this political banter Let's all drop it.

top cat wrote:

> Ya, That is OK. Liberal F isn't. Also, woffie is not playing with a **ll

> deck I think we all know that. Even biggie said he's nuts. I'm done with

> this political banter Let's all drop it.

Agreed, thank you. True, he may be certifiable, and that has nothing to do with his political ideology. If anything he may be giving other liberals a bad name. I apologize for my rant, I should have considered the source.

Okay, we are downtown.

Easel is set up next to podium, numerous players in Rock Cats jerseys have entered city hall.

more updates after the presentation begins

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Moto DROID

Okay, 900 jobs are being created.

1214 Main Street receiving stadium

The easel now has a picture of the stadium with the Hartford skyline behind it

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Moto DROID

Not at 12B but in the spot accros the street. Looks like it's the lot surrounded by Trumbull, Main, Pleasant, and Windsor, across from the Barnard Brown Elementary School.

They're not going to add any parking to the area. Where the **** are 9,000 to 10,000 people going to park if there is a concert or event at the XL Center? This is just insane.

Biggie1083 wrote:

> They're not going to add any parking to the area. Where the **** are 9,000

> to 10,000 people going to park if there is a concert or event at the XL

> Center? This is just insane.

This just blows my mind as saddens me greatly. You know there's no way this new stadium will be completed in time. I so hope New Britain tells them to go scratch when they ask for an extention

I'm already hearing that this will also kill any plans to take down the Church Street garage. That garage will now be used the new stadium's parking.

Okay, just got home from the big event. One of the few surprises announced today is that the batter will be facing east when he comes up to bat, with home plate being very close to route 44. Many thought the batter might be facing south, but from all statements given and those in the crowd, the batter will be facing east.

Clearly, the Mayor knows what he is doing, he has been planning this for 18 months while the new GOP darling Betty Boop in New Britain only heard about it 48 hours ago :lol:

It would be nice to know if UConn baseball could also play there a few days of the year. We are going to have a new state-of-the-art baseball stadium in under 20 months, we are going to show this country how to get things done on a fast timetable.