Sign in to follow this  
WolfpackFan1998

maybe a bond between Hartford Rock Cats & Hartford Wolf Pack

jerseydiehardwhaler wrote:

> Now the plans for the arena on lot 12b make sense.. Word is this is where

> they are thinking, win win

That space is smaller than where the XL Center is now. That space will also be smaller since the mayor said they will be redirecting Trumbull Street through that lot to make more space for the stadium.

WolfpackFan1998 wrote:

> Clearly, the Mayor knows what he is doing, he has been planning this for 18

> months while the new GOP darling Betty Boop in New Britain only heard about

> it 48 hours ago :lol:

Hey, no need to be a sexist, political, douchebag. She was screwed by the Rock Cats and Hartford, with back alley deals.

Biggie1083 wrote:

> WolfpackFan1998 wrote:

> > Clearly, the Mayor knows what he is doing, he has been planning this for 18

> > months while the new GOP darling Betty Boop in New Britain only heard about

> > it 48 hours ago :lol:

>

> Hey, no need to be a sexist, political, douchebag. She was screwed by the Rock Cats

> and Hartford, with back alley deals.

Be care**l Biggie, I'm really starting to gain new appreciation for you

Whalers4Ever wrote:

> Biggie1083 wrote:

> > WolfpackFan1998 wrote:

> > > Clearly, the Mayor knows what he is doing, he has been planning this for 18

> > > months while the new GOP darling Betty Boop in New Britain only heard about

> > > it 48 hours ago :lol:

> >

> > Hey, no need to be a sexist, political, douchebag. She was screwed by the Rock

> Cats

> > and Hartford, with back alley deals.

>

> Be care**l Biggie, I'm really starting to gain new appreciation for you

I think staying away from Whalers/Wolf Pack talk is helping. I won't change your mind and you won't change mine, so it's not worth discussing.

Biggie1083 wrote:

> Whalers4Ever wrote:

> > Biggie1083 wrote:

> > > WolfpackFan1998 wrote:

> > > > Clearly, the Mayor knows what he is doing, he has been planning this

> for 18

> > > > months while the new GOP darling Betty Boop in New Britain only heard

> about

> > > > it 48 hours ago :lol:

> > >

> > > Hey, no need to be a sexist, political, douchebag. She was screwed by the

> Rock

> > Cats

> > > and Hartford, with back alley deals.

> >

> > Be care**l Biggie, I'm really starting to gain new appreciation for you

>

> I think staying away from Whalers/Wolf Pack talk is helping. I won't change your mind

> and you won't change mine, so it's not worth discussing.

True, I'll never be a Rangers fan. Truth is, I may no longer be a Rock Cats fan either

I have been seeing a ton of people that are saying they will no longer support the Rock Cats. I even saw people saying they want their money back from season tickets, and other saying they won't be going to games in New Britain at all. This is going to be an aw**l "lame duck" season and a half for the Rock Cats.

I think we are at the point now where we have to make June 4th a Red Letter day in the history of Hartford and CT. area entertainment:

June 4th, 2000 = Hartford Wolf Pack bring the Calder Cup to Hartford, two nights after shutting out Rochester in Hartford

April 23, 2013 = Hartford Wolf Pack announce that the Wolf Pack brand name will return to Hartford after brief hiatus

June 4th, 2014 = Hartford Mayor Segarra brings Rock Cats to Hartford for a 25-year commitment

December 18, 1982 = Pat Benatar plays to a sold out New Haven Coliseum, concert is so good that it is later airs nationwide on HBO, my ears are still ringing

June 21, 2004 = Governor Rowland resigns, starts preparing for prison and communal showers

April 7 & 8, 2014 = UConn Mens & Womens Basketball Teams win National Championships

the rock cats will probably lose some current fans from new britain and places south and west of hartford. but they will also get new fans from hartford and places north and east of city. Plus there will be lots of new fans who want to go to games at a brand new park with all the latest whistles and bells. So over all the rock cats see this as great move cause they are getting a brand new state of art ball park next to downtown of state capital city paid for by that city.

WolfpackFan1998 wrote:

> I think we are at the point now where we have to make June 4th a Red Letter

> day in the history of Hartford and CT. area entertainment:

>

> June 4th, 2000 = Hartford Wolf Pack bring the Calder Cup to Hartford, two

> nights after shutting out Rochester in Hartford

>

> April 23, 2013 = Hartford Wolf Pack announce that the Wolf Pack brand name

> will return to Hartford after brief hiatus

>

> June 4th, 2014 = Hartford Mayor Segarra brings Rock Cats to Hartford for a

> 25-year commitment

>

> December 18, 1982 = Pat Benatar plays to a sold out New Haven Coliseum,

> concert is so good that it is later airs nationwide on HBO, my ears are

> still ringing

>

> June 21, 2004 = Governor Rowland resigns, starts preparing for prison and

> communal showers

>

> April 7 & 8, 2014 = UConn Mens & Womens Basketball Teams win

> National Championships

I think there's a room with your name on it, top of the hill over there in Middletown.

WhalerChad wrote:

> the rock cats will probably lose some current fans from new britain and

> places south and west of hartford. but they will also get new fans from

> hartford and places north and east of city.

That is 100 percent correct, Chad. Situated at the crossroads of I-91 and I-84 and Route 44, and just a stone throw away from the terminating point of the Rapid Transit Busway, Rock Cat Nation will be picking up so many fans, I wonder if only putting in 10-thousand seats is enough, because 10-thousand seats was not enough when the Wolf Pack were going for the Calder Cup, there were numerous games where the Wolf Pack were drawing them in more than 11-thousand fans.

if the new ballpark is going to be 10000 seats it will be one of the 5 or 6 biggest ballparks in all of AA baseball. It would even have more seats then some AAA parks.

Biggie1083 wrote:

> More than likely. I guess no one has talked to Mayor Stewart at all about

> the Rock Cats leaving New Britain. She's still waiting for Mayor Segarra

> and the owners of the Rock Cats owner Josh Solomon to call her.

> http://www.courant.com/videogallery/80406851/New-Britain-Mayor-Erin-Stewart

They pretty much slapped her in the face. Kind of a bit ch move if you ask me. Disrespect**l to say the least. Unless there's more to the story that's not yet been brought to light.

It sounds like she had no clue that Solomon and the Rock Cats were unhappy about being in New Britain. The GM that said the team wasn't moving yesterday now won't answer his phone.

Biggie1083 wrote:

> I guess no one has talked to Mayor Stewart at all about

> the Rock Cats leaving New Britain. She's still waiting for Mayor Segarra

> and the owners of the Rock Cats owner Josh Solomon to call her.

The residents of New Britain are learning the hard way what happens when you hire a 26-year-old girl to be mayor, I feel more and more embarr*****ed for her with each unprofessional adolescent Tweet she sends out, we are busy rebuilding our capital city, we don't have time to focus on her grandiose attempt to be Connecticut's version of Keeping Up With The Kardashians. Fourteen years ago tonight, we brought a Championship to Hartford.

WolfpackFan1998 wrote:

> Biggie1083 wrote:

> > I guess no one has talked to Mayor Stewart at all about

> > the Rock Cats leaving New Britain. She's still waiting for Mayor Segarra

> > and the owners of the Rock Cats owner Josh Solomon to call her.

>

>

> The residents of New Britain are learning the hard way what happens when you hire a

> 26-year-old girl to be mayor, I feel more and more embarr*****ed for her with each

> unprofessional adolescent Tweet she sends out, we are busy rebuilding our capital

> city, we don't have time to focus on her grandiose attempt to be Connecticut's

> version of Keeping Up With The Kardashians. Fourteen years ago tonight, we brought a

> Championship to Hartford.

And 14 years later nothing has changed ................ no one cares then or now.

WolfpackFan1998 wrote:

> The residents of New Britain are learning the hard way what happens when you hire a

> 26-year-old girl to be mayor, I feel more and more embarr*****ed for her with each

> unprofessional adolescent Tweet she sends out, we are busy rebuilding our capital

> city, we don't have time to focus on her grandiose attempt to be Connecticut's

> version of Keeping Up With The Kardashians. Fourteen years ago tonight, we brought a

> Championship to Hartford.

"Girl", "unprofessional adolescent", and "Keeping Up With The Kardashians"? Wow, you really are a sexist jerk. She was lied to and told untruths. The GM of the Rock Cats said he told her they were moving without knowing for sure that they weren't.

She's 26 and has done more in those years than you ever will in your entire life.... She's running a city, your attending press conferences for minor league teams in the middle of a weekday. She hosted the President of the United States, you wait in line for Sonar's autograph. Get a clue loser.

Biggie1083 wrote:

> WolfpackFan1998 wrote:

> > The residents of New Britain are learning the hard way what happens when you

> hire a

> > 26-year-old girl to be mayor, I feel more and more embarr*****ed for her with each

> > unprofessional adolescent Tweet she sends out, we are busy rebuilding our

> capital

> > city, we don't have time to focus on her grandiose attempt to be Connecticut's

> > version of Keeping Up With The Kardashians. Fourteen years ago tonight, we

> brought a

> > Championship to Hartford.

>

> "Girl", "unprofessional adolescent", and "Keeping Up With

> The Kardashians"? Wow, you really are a sexist jerk. She was lied to and told

> untruths. The GM of the Rock Cats said he told her they were moving without knowing

> for sure that they weren't.

Biggie, what we need right now is unity in Hartford. We have the Stanley Cup starting in about 3 hours time, we have UConn and the Rock Cats and CT Fastrack Rapid Transit Busway coming to Hartford, we have Tim McGraw coming to the Meadows/Xfinity next week, we're just two weeks away from the TPC Golf Tournament, we can't worry about a mayor of a small town wet behind her ears, Hartford is ready for Prime Time, it's halftime in Hartford, people are out of work and they're hurting and we are creating 600 new jobs in Hartford, Wolf Pack Nation has to get ready to work alongside Rock Cats Nation, we're rebuilding a city here Biggie.

WolfpackFan1998 wrote:

> Biggie, what we need right now is unity in Hartford. We have the Stanley Cup

> starting in about 3 hours time, we have UConn and the Rock Cats and CT **** Rapid

> Transit Busway coming to Hartford, we have Tim McGraw coming to the Meadows/Xfinity

> next week, we're just two weeks away from the TPC Golf Tournament, we can't worry

> about a mayor of a small town wet behind her ears, Hartford is ready for Prime Time,

> it's halftime in Hartford, people are out of work and they're hurting and we are

> creating 600 new jobs in Hartford, Wolf Pack Nation has to get ready to work

> alongside Rock Cats Nation, we're rebuilding a city here Biggie.

I haven't even decided if I will be supporting the Rock Cats when they play in Hartford. I was going to go to a bunch a games this summer, but this the back handed business practices and flat out lies are to much to handle. To not tell the new mayor that you're unhappy with the conditions of the stadium you're playing in, to have meetings with another cities mayor for 18 months, and to make a deal to move to another city without even letting the city you're in know is complete BS, and disgusts me to no end.

Biggie1083 wrote:

> I haven't even decided if I will be supporting the Rock Cats when they play in

> Hartford. I was going to go to a bunch a games this summer, but this the back handed

> business practices and flat out lies are to much to handle. To not tell the new mayor

> that you're unhappy with the conditions of the stadium you're playing in, to have

> meetings with another cities mayor for 18 months, and to make a deal to move to

> another city without even letting the city you're in know is complete BS, and

> disgusts me to no end.

Biggie, are you saying you are going to boycott Hartford Baseball ??? Boycotting teams is not the way to go, it only ends up hurting the players and the city. This is not the Biggie I have known for 10+ years now, I have seen you at countless Pack games over the past decade, would see your brother working there, I'd often talk to you in the concourse, I would see you staying late after games would end so you could talk to the players... and I am a bit baffled why you are not joining into the Unity Movement in supporting Hartford baseball.

Biggie1083 wrote:"I haven't even decided if I will be supporting the Rock Cats when they play in Hartford. I was going to go to a bunch a games this summer, but this the back handed business practices and flat out lies are to much to handle. To not tell the new mayor that you're unhappy with the conditions of the stadium you're playing in, to have meetings with another cities mayor for 18 months, and to make a deal to move to another city without even letting the city you're in know is complete BS, and disgusts me to no end."

Hahahaha, & yet you still happily support the New England Pats. Do you not see the irony there?