Sign in to follow this  
WolfpackFan1998

maybe a bond between Hartford Rock Cats & Hartford Wolf Pack

WolfpackFan1998 wrote:

> Biggie, are you saying you are going to boycott Hartford Baseball ??? This is not

> the Biggie I have known for 10+ years now, I have seen you at countless Pack games

> over the past decade, would see your brother working there, I'd often talk to you in

> the concourse, I would see you staying late after games would end so you could talk

> to the players... and I am a bit baffled why you are not joining into the Unity

> Movement in supporting Hartford baseball.

I don't even know who the heck you are. This isn't Unity, because the Rock Cats aren't honoring the commitment they had to New Britain. When Solomon bought the team he said, "This is an ideal location. We're absolutely committed to New Britain. When you look at what these owners have done here … this franchise is a gem." What a load of BS. Not even a year later he was in talks with Hartford to move the team. I can't support that type of business.

Biggie1083 wrote:

> WolfpackFan1998 wrote:

> > Biggie, are you saying you are going to boycott Hartford Baseball ??? This is

> not

> > the Biggie I have known for 10+ years now, I have seen you at countless Pack

> games

> > over the past decade, would see your brother working there, I'd often talk to

> you in

> > the concourse, I would see you staying late after games would end so you could

> talk

> > to the players... and I am a bit baffled why you are not joining into the Unity

> > Movement in supporting Hartford baseball.

>

> I don't even know who the heck you are. This isn't Unity, because the Rock Cats

> aren't honoring the commitment they had to New Britain. When Solomon bought the team

> he said, "This is an ideal location. We're absolutely committed to New Britain.

> When you look at what these owners have done here … this franchise is a gem."

> What a load of BS. Not even a year later he was in talks with Hartford to move the

> team. I can't support that type of business.

Biggie, I think you just seem a bit down and you will come around, if we win Game 1 tonight, I think you will be back here tomorrow with a new upbeat attitude, the Biggie I knew for years was always positive, distances would never hold you back - you would drive to Pennsylvania just to see a game, the Biggie I knew a year ago would jump through the roof if he knew the Rock Cats were going to be 20 minutes closer to him.

Hartfordyouremyhome wrote:

> Hahahaha, & yet you still happily support the New England Pats. Do you

> not see the irony there?

Nope, because all the deals were on the table. They even said that they had to back out of the deal because cleanup of the contaminated soil was already delaying the construction, and was raising the costs of the stadium. Also, there were problems with moving a steam plant off the property. The original cost of the stadium was $374 million, by the time Kraft backed out it was around $400 million and still climbing.

Biggie1083 wrote:

> WolfpackFan1998 wrote:

> > Biggie, are you saying you are going to boycott Hartford Baseball ??? This is

> not

> > the Biggie I have known for 10+ years now, I have seen you at countless Pack

> games

> > over the past decade, would see your brother working there, I'd often talk to

> you in

> > the concourse, I would see you staying late after games would end so you could

> talk

> > to the players... and I am a bit baffled why you are not joining into the Unity

>

> I don't even know who the heck you are. This isn't Unity, because the Rock Cats

> aren't honoring the commitment they had to New Britain. When Solomon bought the team

> he said, "This is an ideal location. We're absolutely committed to New Britain.

> What a load of BS. Not even a year later he was in talks with Hartford to move the

You know who he is Biggie. He posts the same tripe on the Wolf Pack Facebook page. Same delivery, same "over the top" nonsense. I'm actually feeling bad for you that this lunatic keeps including you in his crazy posts.

Biggie1083 wrote:

> WolfpackFan1998 wrote:

> not

> games

> you in

> talk

>

Aren't honoring the commitment to the team? Yes they are, it's called honoring the lease agreement. You act as if the owner doesn't have the right to move the team wherever he wants. Now is there common courtesy expected, sure but as far as we know Mayor Stewart never even made an attempt to ***ter a relationship with the new ownership, so it's hard to feel bad that they never kept her in the loop.

Edited by Guest

Biggie1083 wrote:

> Hartfordyouremyhome wrote:

> > Hahahaha, & yet you still happily support the New England Pats. Do you

> > not see the irony there?

>

> Nope, because all the deals were on the table. They even said that they had to back

> out of the deal because cleanup of the contaminated soil was already delaying the

> construction, and was raising the costs of the stadium. Also, there were problems

> with moving a steam plant off the property. The original cost of the stadium was $374

> million, by the time Kraft backed out it was around $400 million and still climbing.

As a fellow Patriots fan I too was disappointed but understood. I think if all the cards were in place with no delays the Patriots would still be here.

WolfpackFan1998 wrote:

> Biggie, I think you just seem a bit down and you will come around, if we win Game 1

> tonight, I think you will be back here tomorrow with a new upbeat attitude, the

> Biggie I knew for years was always positive, distances would never hold you back -

> you would drive to Pennsylvania just to see a game, the Biggie I knew a year ago

> would jump through the roof if he knew the Rock Cats were going to be 20 minutes

> closer to him.

I have no clue who you are, and would rather go to games in New Britain, and nothing is going to change that. I won't be able to park for $5 or $7, or won't be able to get a ticket for $8 to $22. Mayor Segarra said during the PC that he will be raising taxes and parking prices to help pay for this stadium. Parking is already at $10 for event parking in Hartford, so it will probably go up to $15 or $20 now, and that's for all events in Hartford, not just baseball games.

Whalers4Ever wrote:

> Biggie1083 wrote:

> > WolfpackFan1998 wrote:

> > > Biggie, are you saying you are going to boycott Hartford Baseball ??? This

> is

> > not

> > > the Biggie I have known for 10+ years now, I have seen you at countless

> Pack

> > games

> > > over the past decade, would see your brother working there, I'd often talk

> to

> > you in

> > > the concourse, I would see you staying late after games would end so you

> could

> > talk

> > > to the players... and I am a bit baffled why you are not joining into the

> Unity

> > > Movement in supporting Hartford baseball.

> >

> > I don't even know who the heck you are. This isn't Unity, because the Rock Cats

> > aren't honoring the commitment they had to New Britain. When Solomon bought the

> team

> > he said, "This is an ideal location. We're absolutely committed to New

> Britain.

> > When you look at what these owners have done here … this franchise is a

> gem."

> > What a load of BS. Not even a year later he was in talks with Hartford to move

> the

> > team. I can't support that type of business.

>

> You know who he is Biggie. He posts the same tripe on the Wolf Pack Facebook page.

> Same delivery, same "over the top" nonsense. I'm actually feeling bad for

> you that this lunatic keeps including you in his crazy posts.

That's the thing, I don't even know who that guy is. I've never met him at games. I've seen his posts, but have no recollection of who he is.

"Hartfordyouremyhome wrote:"Hahahaha, & yet you still happily support the New England Pats. Do you not see the irony there?

Biggie1083 wrote:"Nope, because all the deals were on the table. They even said that they had to back out of the deal because cleanup of the contaminated soil was already delaying the construction, and was raising the costs of the stadium."

Please. You've got to be joking. You write: "...but this the back handed business practices and flat out lies are to much to handle," when a team moves 30 seconds from New Britain to Hartford, (& is much better for the region) and:"...make a deal to move to another city without even letting the city you're in know is complete BS, and disgusts me to no end."

Yet you have no issue at all supporting a football team that not only did worse than that, but whose actions completely halted Adrien's Landing, the most substantial commercial progress in Hartford in anyone's memory, & set Hartford back for decades.

I was going to ask if you knew Blatant Hypocrisy, but it's clear that you two have already met.

Whaleofatime wrote:

> Aren't honoring the commitment to the team? Yes they are, it's called honoring the

> lease agreement. You act as if the owner doesn't have the right to move the team

> wherever he wants. Now is there common courtesy expected, sure but as far as we know

> Mayor Stewart never even made an attempt to ***ter a relationship with the new

> ownership, so it's hard to feel bad that they never kept her in the loop.

He has a right to move a team, but not behind the back of the city they call home. The mayor of New Britain had no clue the Rock Cats were thinking about moving, or that they were meeting with the mayor of Hartford. Sounds a lot like what Karmonos did to Hartford if you ask me.

> "Hartfordyouremyhome wrote:"Hahahaha, & yet you still happily

> support the New England Pats. Do you not see the irony there?

> Biggie1083 wrote:"Nope, because all the deals were on the table. They

> even said that they had to back out of the deal because cleanup of the

> contaminated soil was already delaying the construction, and was raising

> the costs of the stadium."

>

> Please. You've got to be joking. You write: "...but this the back

> handed business practices and flat out lies are to much to handle,"

> when a team moves 30 seconds from New Britain to Hartford, (& is much

> better for the region) and:"...make a deal to move to another city

> without even letting the city you're in know is complete BS, and disgusts

> me to no end."

>

> Yet you have no issue at all supporting a football team that not only did

> worse than that, but whose actions completely halted Adrien's Landing, the

> most substantial commercial progress in Hartford in anyone's memory, &

> set Hartford back for decades.

>

> I was going to ask if you knew Blatant Hypocrisy, but it's clear that you

> two have already met.

I think you're attacking Biggie on past transgressions and your "hate" of the Patriots make me smell either a NY Giants or Jets fan.

Biggie1083 wrote:

> Whaleofatime wrote:

> > Aren't honoring the commitment to the team? Yes they are, it's called honoring

> the

> > lease agreement. You act as if the owner doesn't have the right to move the team

> > wherever he wants. Now is there common courtesy expected, sure but as far as we

> know

> > Mayor Stewart never even made an attempt to ***ter a relationship with the new

> > ownership, so it's hard to feel bad that they never kept her in the loop.

>

> He has a right to move a team, but not behind the back of the city they call home.

> The mayor of New Britain had no clue the Rock Cats were thinking about moving, or

> that they were meeting with the mayor of Hartford. Sounds a lot like what Karmonos

> did to Hartford if you ask me.

Biggie, like I said Stewart never attempted to ***ter a relationship with ownership. What did you expect? Seems to me the mayor and NB as a whole took the Rock Cats for granted.

Whalers4Ever wrote:

> Hartfordyouremyhome wrote:

> > "Hartfordyouremyhome wrote:"Hahahaha, & yet you still happily

> > support the New England Pats. Do you not see the irony there?

> > Biggie1083 wrote:"Nope, because all the deals were on the table. They

> > even said that they had to back out of the deal because cleanup of the

> > contaminated soil was already delaying the construction, and was raising

> > the costs of the stadium."

> >

> > Please. You've got to be joking. You write: "...but this the back

> > handed business practices and flat out lies are to much to handle,"

> > when a team moves 30 seconds from New Britain to Hartford, (& is much

> > better for the region) and:"...make a deal to move to another city

> > without even letting the city you're in know is complete BS, and disgusts

> > me to no end."

> >

> > Yet you have no issue at all supporting a football team that not only did

> > worse than that, but whose actions completely halted Adrien's Landing, the

> > most substantial commercial progress in Hartford in anyone's memory, &

> > set Hartford back for decades.

> >

> > I was going to ask if you knew Blatant Hypocrisy, but it's clear that you

> > two have already met.

>

> I think you're attacking Biggie on past transgressions and your "hate" of

> the Patriots make me smell either a NY Giants or Jets fan.

I'm a Steelers fan and having lived in M*****achusetts during the first SB I witnessed firsthand the genesis of the so called Patriots 'fans'. Easily the worst group in all of sports next to the Heat.

Edited by Guest

Whaleofatime wrote:

> Biggie1083 wrote:

> > Whaleofatime wrote:

> > > Aren't honoring the commitment to the team? Yes they are, it's called

> honoring

> > the

> > > lease agreement. You act as if the owner doesn't have the right to move the

> team

> > > wherever he wants. Now is there common courtesy expected, sure but as far

> as we

> > know

> > > Mayor Stewart never even made an attempt to ***ter a relationship with the

> new

> > > ownership, so it's hard to feel bad that they never kept her in the loop.

> >

> > He has a right to move a team, but not behind the back of the city they call

> home.

> > The mayor of New Britain had no clue the Rock Cats were thinking about moving,

> or

> > that they were meeting with the mayor of Hartford. Sounds a lot like what

> Karmonos

> > did to Hartford if you ask me.

>

> Biggie, like I said Stewart never attempted to ***ter a relationship with ownership.

> What did you expect? Seems to me the mayor and NB as a whole took the Rock Cats for

> granted.

And if that's the case, so be it. But as my Grandmother use to say "The truth will out". So I think we will get **ll disclosure of all the cir*****stances at some point.

Edited by Guest

Whaleofatime wrote:

> Whalers4Ever wrote:

> > >

> > > Please. You've got to be joking. You write: "...but this the back

> > > handed business practices and flat out lies are to much to handle,"

> > > when a team moves 30 seconds from New Britain to Hartford, (& is much

> > > better for the region) and:"...make a deal to move to another city

> > > without even letting the city you're in know is complete BS, and disgusts

> > > me to no end."

> > >

> > > Yet you have no issue at all supporting a football team that not only did

> > > worse than that, but whose actions completely halted Adrien's Landing, the

> > > most substantial commercial progress in Hartford in anyone's memory, &

> > > set Hartford back for decades.

> > >

> > > I was going to ask if you knew Blatant Hypocrisy, but it's clear that you

> > > two have already met.

> >

> > I think you're attacking Biggie on past transgressions and your "hate"

> of

> > the Patriots make me smell either a NY Giants or Jets fan.

>

> I'm a Steelers fan and having lived in M*****achusetts during the first SB I witnessed

> firsthand the genesis of the so called Patriots 'fans'. Easily the worst group in all

> of sports next to the Heat.

Because as a Steelers fan you would have nothing to be upset about when it comes to the Patriots would you? :lol:

Whalers4Ever wrote:

> Whaleofatime wrote:

> > Whalers4Ever wrote:

> > > >

> > > > Please. You've got to be joking. You write: "...but this the back

> > > > handed business practices and flat out lies are to much to

> handle,"

> > > > when a team moves 30 seconds from New Britain to Hartford, (& is

> much

> > > > better for the region) and:"...make a deal to move to another

> city

> > > > without even letting the city you're in know is complete BS, and

> disgusts

> > > > me to no end."

> > > >

> > > > Yet you have no issue at all supporting a football team that not only

> did

> > > > worse than that, but whose actions completely halted Adrien's Landing,

> the

> > > > most substantial commercial progress in Hartford in anyone's memory,

> &

> > > > set Hartford back for decades.

> > > >

> > > > I was going to ask if you knew Blatant Hypocrisy, but it's clear that

> you

> > > > two have already met.

> > >

> > > I think you're attacking Biggie on past transgressions and your

> "hate"

> > of

> > > the Patriots make me smell either a NY Giants or Jets fan.

> >

> > I'm a Steelers fan and having lived in M*****achusetts during the first SB I

> witnessed

> > firsthand the genesis of the so called Patriots 'fans'. Easily the worst group

> in all

> > of sports next to the Heat.

>

> Because as a Steelers fan you would have nothing to be upset about when it comes to

> the Patriots would you? :lol:

Nope we have 2 SB rings in the last 8 years. Patriots haven't won 1 in what will be a decade by SB50. Those 2 playoff loses are ancient history.

Biggie, this is my offer to you, on April 7th 2016 you will be receiving free tickets to the Grand Opening of the Rock Cats Stadium, courtesy of me, I will buy an entire row's worth and I will bring my family to the game and you will not have to pay anything. I am convinced it will only take you one game for you to fall in love with being outdoors in Hartford and watching a game under the backdrop of the Hartford skyline. We must focus on Hartford Unity.

> Yet you have no issue at all supporting a football team that not only did

> worse than that, but whose actions completely halted Adrien's Landing, the

> most substantial commercial progress in Hartford in anyone's memory, &

> set Hartford back for decades.

>

> I was going to ask if you knew Blatant Hypocrisy, but it's clear that you

> two have already met.

But, they did nothing back handed. They had a deal to be a part of the plans for a $374 million stadium to be built by 2002. By the time Kraft backed out of the deal the stadium was around $400 million and still climbing, they hadn't started any construction, and were being delayed more and more by the cleanup of the contaminated soil and problems with moving a steam plant off the property. They met with the NFL, and the state a multiple time before they finally opted out of the contract 2 days before the end of the contract's out clause was hit.

WolfpackFan1998 wrote:

> Biggie, this is my offer to you, on April 7th 2016 you will be receiving

> free tickets to the Grand Opening of the Rock Cats Stadium, courtesy of me,

> I will buy an entire row's worth and I will bring my family to the game and

> you will not have to pay anything. I am convinced it will only take you

> one game for you to fall in love with being outdoors in Hartford and

> watching a game under the backdrop of the Hartford skyline. We must focus

> on Hartford Unity.

Nope, I'm good thanks. I'll go if I want to, but I doubt I will.

Whalers4Ever wrote: "and your "hate" of the Patriots make me smell either a NY Giants or Jets fan."

First of all, I don't "hate" anything, so there's no need to use that word, and either way you don't put words into quotes that have not been said.

Secondly, yes. I've always been a Giants fan. However I never cared either way about the Patriots. Unlike the Red Sox or Bruins, they never seemed to be a real Boston team to dislike, & never had a fan base, anyway. So if they won, great. Cool.

In fact I would've like to have seen the Pats win the Pats-Bears Super Bowl. And **rther, I was all ready to buy multiple season tickets for the Patriots in Hartford. Had Hartford had an NFL team first, I would've been a Pats fan from the start.

When the Pats royally screwed my hometown is when I started rooting for them to lose, & that should be completely understandable. If you still root for them, that's your right. But to not understand why someone from Hartford wouldn't is puzzling.

So please refrain from making comments based on your *****umptions, & make them based upon what is actually said. Thanks.