Sign in to follow this  
p4277

Panthers Owner Uncertain of Future in Florida

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/17/panthers-owner-uncertain-of-**ture-in-florida/

Wondering why a team owner would say this at this time? Trying to "scare" the fans into buying tickets to keep the team there? He just bought the team, didn't he know about the finances of the business before he bought it?

No mention of Hartford, but Bettman says the league gets "expressions of interest" from Quebec City, Seattle, Las Vegas, and Kansas City.

That speaks volumes, The part that Hartford was not mentioned is reality. Number one city should be Quebec Seattle second and as far as Kansas City I have my doubts on whether or not that it would work there. By the way, those on this site who think 15,000 seating is okie dokie they are very much in doubt about the NHL would work here, even though they won't admit it. 1,000 empty seats doesn't look as bad as 3,000. That is the real reason these few members want a match box building. Who's kidding who here?

Because an article dosnt mention Hartford does not mean they do not exist to the nhl.. We are very much in contention for a team with all those other cities.. Actually in my opinion we are probably ahead of them..I didn't read anywhere that Atlanta was even considering moving, let alone to Winnipeg.. That would be called bad business.

Metoo thinks that "we" are ahead of Seattle and Quebec based on nothing but his opinion. Aren't you one of those 2 or 3 who think 15,000 is a good idea? As the axiom says, "opinions are like a $ $ holes every body got one". There is no site, no building plans, no investors, no strong political support, no task force supporting this fantasy, no pubic support noted, no study of would it be supported. Here's my opinion, "No NHL for you". Go buy season tickets for arena football and lacrosse as those are more realistic goals.

Ok we have

Governor who is working with investors according to him personally

The xl center which is receiving nhl ready renovations

The crda who is actively and will be done by the end of this year conclusion and plans for a new or re**rbished arena

The investor which was rumored to be UBS.. From the mouth of Jacobs himself..

The crda is the task force

Those are not opinions, they are actually happening..

I asked you before to please not reply to my posts if you can't respect my opinions and talk crapp on everything everyone says here.. I just posted 5 facts for you that are easily searchable, here's another one

Freimuth said we know we have to be nhl ready..

WHO are these investors???? When you post you are fair game. can't deal with that then time for you to go out the door. I believe Evo already stated that did he not.

You'll never leave because you have no other life. Mark my words, Quebec and Seattle will get a team before Los Vegas, KC, Toronto area, all of which are a better bet than Hartford. Now I'm done with this thread.

top cat wrote:

> You'll never leave because you have no other life. Mark my words, Quebec

> and Seattle will get a team before Los Vegas, KC, Toronto area, all of

> which are a better bet than Hartford. Now I'm done with this thread.

UBS is one of the investors Cat. Now do me a favor, go back and look at articles from 07-09 and you tell me if Bettman EVER mentions Winnipeg when discussing possible **ture markets. I'll give you the answer, he didn't! He kept his thoughts on that market out of the public until he awarded them with the Thrashers.

He also didn't mention Portland either and they're much more viable than KC or LV too.

top cat wrote:

> You'll never leave because you have no other life. Mark my words, Quebec

> and Seattle will get a team before Los Vegas, KC, Toronto area, all of

> which are a better bet than Hartford. Now I'm done with this thread.

Bye bye, as usual a post by you that must stand above all and ignore the facts at hand..I have a great life, married and kids, great restaurant and when the whalers come back soon, it will be even better to enjoy it with my son.. Bye

**eyeroll**. Differences of opinion is great. It's what keep life interesting and everyone distinct individuals. But every thread on this forum ends up with personal attacks from people obviously insecure with themselves. Being uncomfortable in your own skin is fine, but please just stick to facts and leave the mudslinging for some other interweb troll sites. It's exhausting to read.

the governor has personally said he is working with investors but no independent source has publicly confirmed who investors are or how many there are. rumors about Ubs are rumors and rumors are not known facts. the xl center renovations and crda getting arena plan ready are facts which are positive steps. but governor meeting with investors and Ubs being one of investors is all just talk and rumors until proven as facts. i am gonna focus on facts and not rumors cause i dont want to get my hopes up too high ahead of time. anyway just the facts about Xl renovation and the crda working on a arena plan to be ready by end of the year are positive enough for now. if some thing actually is publicly confirmed about investors by independent sources with proof i will celebrate when that happens.

I agree with you chad, but think about it, if the investor is made public it would not be good because these kind of things aren't made public till it's time.. I don't want to get pumped either because it would hurt all over again but you have to admit it's all a little different now with all the plans for downtown..believe.

PlainvilleWhale wrote:

> We need a new building. I think once the arena plans come out by the end of

> the year we can be taken seriously. That is of course they recommend a new

> arena and not a renovated one.

I'm for whatever the NHL will deem acceptable. If that means a completely transformed XL Center is on the table so be it.

Don't mind me here folks, I just need to make a little update to my personal notes.

Week of August 16, 2014, the Florida Panthers are now the "it" team on the forum for moving here this week

Okay, you can continue on with your conversation now. I just like to keep track of which team(s) is/are moving here, it is hard to keep up with as it changes like the weather, so I try to write the stuff down, between the NY Islanders, Carolina Hurricanes, Florida Panthers, Phoenix Coyotes, slight mention of San Jose Sharks, each week brings a new development of which team is moving here, god bless your hearts that it keeps your little minds occupied and keeps you folks off the streets and out of trouble, but anytime you folks want to join reality and see real local hard-hitting championship hockey, come join Biggie1083, PackFan5580, myself, and 14-thousand other fans down at the newly renovated XL Center this October.

Attention all units, we have an active 10-83 in progress in the vicinity of Trumbull and Asylum Street, suspect is a die-hard Hartford hockey fan known to travel 300 miles to see his WolfPack play, suspect might have a pony-tail and he may be accompanied by up to 14-thousand accomplices, witnesses describe them in the act of bringing another Calder Cup to downtown Hartford, how do you read me ?

Oh my! another calder cup is in the works. p98 and his band of 4 not 14,000 really think Ct sports fans care. What part of Farm Team don't you get? It's a development team players come here to get out of here. I'm sure in Sweden, Chech Republic, Russia, Finland, Denmark, Netherlands all follow ahl hockey and can't wait for their morning newspapers to checkout the scores. The only North Americans who might have an interest are those who root for their NHL team and may have interest in their NHL teams affiliate farm team. I myself ck the Bull Dogs stats from time to time. That's it in the world of minor league anything. There's only one cup it's called LORD Stanley. The prize of all prizes. "the Holy Grail". World renowned. The calder what????

WP98, you're saying there will be 14K fans at Wolfpack game(s) this year. Is that for opening night? Is that what you expect the average attendance will be? Or is that the total number of fans for the whole season? I'm guessing the last one might be close.

TC, welcome back, that's your second post since you said you were done with this thread...

WP, are we forgetting the Wolf Pack set the record for lowest attended home opener in Hartford Hockey History last year? 6,307. Whale had 13,087 (2010), 8,832 (2011) and 8,142 in 2012(Friday too).