Sign in to follow this  
Whalerguy

What does WS&E do?

Recommended Posts

Okay, so I know that the run the business operations fOr he whale such as ticket sales, game night opperations, etc. but did the wolf pack have this type of organization running it? We're all wonder why we don't see any advertising for the whale...isn't that their job? Their only job? What do they do all day in that office? What is Baldwin doing on a daily basis that restricts him from taking a day off in the past 2 years?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before 2007, the Rangers were in charage of all the marketing. Then they had AEG doing the marketing for the team. Now it's WSE. Honestly, there hasn't been that much improvement from AEG to WSE. Yes, WSE was going **ll bore last year, but what happened this year? Last year, I saw two or three Whale commercials a day. Now, I don't remember the last time I saw a commercial. Having the games on WCCC wa a great improvement, but it feels like they just stopped there. I know they have money issues, but that is there job, and they're not doing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw a playoff Whale board on I91 South past the Columbus Circle exit 29.

 

Its Tanksi scoring a goal a picture they use alot.

 

When you have no money like WSE you should hit the pavement and take advantage of Social Media and your fans. I feel like sometimes they are sitting on thier hands. Not having Money is a death sentence but there are still the little things you can do. Pucky isnt even out in the streets like he used to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Biggie1083 wrote :

> Before 2007, the Rangers were in charage of all the marketing. Then they

> had AEG doing the marketing for the team. Now it's WSE. Honestly, there

> hasn't been that much improvement from AEG to WSE. Yes, WSE was going **ll

> bore last year, but what happened this year? Last year, I saw two or three

> Whale commercials a day. Now, I don't remember the last time I saw a

> commercial. Having the games on WCCC wa a great improvement, but it feels

> like they just stopped there. I know they have money issues, but that is

> there job, and they're not doing it.

 

 

Agreed Biggie. MSG did a pretty decent job marketing the team up until 2007. AEG came in and did the marketing until last season, which had no marketing or anything to let people know the team was here. WSE did a good job last season with tv ads and whatnot, but this season, they have done terrible (money or no money), market the damn team still. A couple of tv ads or have the news stations say something or throw up a graphic during sports.

 

WCCC does the games which is a huge step forward to radio in the past. However, WCCC doesnt really give a ***** otherwise or promote the games either. All the people that go do is drink beer, they dont do anything at games to make it exciting. I would have liked to seen a member from WCCC be the promotions guy instead of Damon.

 

Get off your hands and promote the team more WSE cash strapped or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"A couple of tv ads or have the news stations say something or throw up a graphic during sports."

 

To be totally fair, it's up to the news people to say something or not. Now, I will give you that they should mention the upcoming home game(s) during a sportscast, but that should not be left up to WSE to tell them, the sportscasters should know this and do it on their own. And...before you make this a WSE thing, you should know that the news stations never said anything about a game before they came in. The idiots on Channel 3, Kevin Nathan or Joe D on channel 30, or the guys on Channel 8....****, the guys on 8 don't even mention the games in Bridgeport.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh and by the way...not sure how true this is or not, but when I talked to my new ticket rep last week, she informed me that the season ticket base is expected to be somewhere between 1200-1350 for next year, perhaps as high as 1500. So WSE is doing something...but, yes, there should be more promotion/advertising, especially in a day and age where you can get stuff on the social websites like Facebook and Twitter for free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MarkH2919 wrote :

> "A couple of tv ads or have the news stations say something or throw

> up a graphic during sports."

>

> To be totally fair, it's up to the news people to say something or not.

> Now, I will give you that they should mention the upcoming home game(s)

> during a sportscast, but that should not be left up to WSE to tell them,

> the sportscasters should know this and do it on their own. And...before

> you make this a WSE thing, you should know that the news stations never

> said anything about a game before they came in. The idiots on Channel 3,

> Kevin Nathan or Joe D on channel 30, or the guys on Channel 8....****, the

> guys on 8 don't even mention the games in Bridgeport.

 

 

Not blaming WSE for not having anything on the news stations about upcoming games. The news stations are to blame for this alone. If they put up a graphic of the upcoming games during the news segments at 4, 6, 10 or 11 thats help**l.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MarkH2919 wrote :

> Oh and by the way...not sure how true this is or not, but when I talked to

> my new ticket rep last week, she informed me that the season ticket base is

> expected to be somewhere between 1200-1350 for next year, perhaps as high

> as 1500. So WSE is doing something...but, yes, there should be more

> promotion/advertising, especially in a day and age where you can get stuff

> on the social websites like Facebook and Twitter for free.

 

 

Thats good news. This is *****uming that WSE still has control next season and not MSG as it has been rumored.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"The news stations are to blame for this alone. If they put up a graphic of the upcoming games during the news segments at 4, 6, 10 or 11 thats help**l."

 

That's true. But there is nothing....not even a graphic. ****, you're lucky to get 30 seconds of highlights from the game at 11:00.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MarkH2919 wrote :

> "The news stations are to blame for this alone. If they put up a

> graphic of the upcoming games during the news segments at 4, 6, 10 or 11

> thats help**l."

>

> That's true. But there is nothing....not even a graphic. ****, you're

> lucky to get 30 seconds of highlights from the game at 11:00.

 

 

Agreed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, Sean was telling me a while back that he gets people on board for season tickets in one call alot. When he did the cost comparison between going casually once a month versus getting on a mini-plan he said it was an easy win. I've also noticed alot of interest around the table for season tickets next year lately when I stop by. You can tell they are first-time buyers too because of the questions and genuine excitement about getting on-board. ****, I got a friend to buy a 20-game plan who has only attended 2 games so far!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The TV media in this market has always been horrible with hockey. Really in**riating. They only see one local team, and that's Uconn..never a cross promotion or mention of anything else like a real sports town does.

They were terrible when the Whalers were here for 22+ years and worse now. It's almost as if they are all owned and run by out of state people/interests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will tell you what they do:

 

- they enter cities, hijack the team's name, flush the team's mascot down the toilet, alienate the team's loyal following.. and so on

 

- then to make it appear that what they did was success**l, they start dumping loads of free tickets out on the streets hoping people will come to the games for free, to boost the attendance numbers to make it appear that hijacking the team's name was a success

 

- then for another batch of free publicity, they release some nice photoshopped pictures of what they want the new arena to look like, slap a nice big $100 Million price tag on it... hope the public falls for the big pipe dream that a new arena is needed (even though in reality they can't even half-fill the current arena)...

 

- then they put all their chips on one big outdoor game, they say they are going to bring in big-named celebrities and loads of fans... in reality they bring out just a few thousand fans and the "celebrities" were about as famous as the landlord from Three's Company, when the whole thing is exposed as a fraud - even Jeff Jacobs who was a loyal bootlicker to the Baldwins had to come out and admit how few people there were at the game

 

- ..... then one day the gig is up, and just like how Bernie Madoff had to finally admit in the end that it was all just one big fairy tale and there was no legitimate business taking place, the Baldwins had to admit around November of last year that attendance had fallen to 1900 for one game, and things were not looking good and pretty much begging people to come to the games, then they released more negative news a few weeks back...

 

In a nuts****, that is what they do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this