Sign in to follow this  
PackFan5580

Whale to meet Sound Tigers in first round of playoffs!!

Series Schedule...

Game 1 -- 4/19, CTW @ BPT, 7:00pm

Game 2 -- 4/21, CTW @ BPT, 7:00pm

Game 3 -- 4/22, BPT @ CTW, 5:00pm

Game 4 -- 4/25, BPT @ CTW, 7:00pm*

Game 5 -- 4/28, CTW @ BPT, 7:00pm*

Like the schedule...3 of the 5 games on weekends...See you all in BPT for game 1 on Thursday night!!

Edited by Guest

Unfortunately I agree Pack Fan, Bridgeport in four. Of the two of us they clearly have been the better team the second half of the year, Zucc is out, and with the Rangers in the playoffs and the Isles out that doesn't help either. Can we win the series, sure, but I only give it about a 30% chance.

I don't like the way the Whale has finished the season, truth is, they have basically been a .500 team since early December. However...we also need to remember that the Whale do have a slight edge in one big category...experience. Last year's experience will help them in this series, they've been through this before, the guys on Bridgeport, for the most part, have not.

The one thing that worries me the most is the Whale are 0-2-3 in BPT this year. They have also been a brutally bad road team all season. Asking them to win one game in BPT is going to be a very difficult task.

Sound Tigers in 5. Home ice will rule in all 5 games. Now, let's hope I'm wrong. :)

Judt thought I would point out that as of 11:15am this morning only 2307 tickets have been sold per ticketmaster. Take it as it is given it is ticketmaster, but I would be surprised if the Whale had over 5000 for this Sunday's playoff game. It is interesting considering the great playoff ticket deals that the CT Whale are offering. I will keep checking to see if the number improves by Sunday. See whoever is going as well on Sunday and hoping they come in on Sunday tied and not down 2-0 in the series.

5,000 on Sunday? I'd be shocked.

By the way, just got a call from Ashley Ford @ the CT Whale, asking if I was going to use my two freebies for Sunday. She told me that this ticket deal is for the first round only, per league rules, this is the only round they can do this. Should they get to round 2, there are no deals.

I believe you were a Whalers fan but a casual one at best, which is totally fine you could say I am a casual Ranger fan which means I dont mind if they fold up and go out of business or win the Cup.

Next round I will be rooting for the Flyers because I have always liked them second to the Whalers, but if the Rangers win thats ok.

If you were a Whalers fan you wouldnt have a name like Whale2Wolf, and you would not have resisted the rebrand it would have been the combination of your two teams, you would think you would have been for the rebrand?

Whale take Game 1 of the series versus Bridgeport Sound Tigers 3-0!! Game winner goes to Kelsey Tessier and the other two goals come from Jordan Owens and Ryan Bourque. Cam Talbot gets the shutout with 42 saves.

Game 2 is Sa****ay in Bridgeport at 7pm.

J.T. Miller has been added to the Whale from OHL Plymouth Whalers. #NYR 2011 first-round pick.

You know, the Plymouth Whalers, the OHL franchise that has been owned by Peter Karmanos since its inception in 1998.

Not sure you want to mess with the line up though after last night. But its good to know we have another talented player on our roster. Too bad he wasn't here before so his 1st game wouldn't be a playoff game.

I don't get back into town until Sunday morning. Hope**lly, I'll be just in time to see the Whale complete a three-game sweep of the Sound Tigers with a victory at the XL Center.

Geez there is no controversy on whether that statement was opinion or not. :D

I cant really boycott millionaires or billionaire companies. I used to think I would stop buying beer at the XL as a screw you to AEG but, I mean really its just not going to happen, unless there is a ton of people doing it.

No hate for the Plymouth Whalers or the Canes. I certainly dont love them though.

bjdellarte wrote :

> I don't get back into town until Sunday morning. Hope**lly, I'll be just in

> time to see the Whale complete a three-game sweep of the Sound Tigers with

> a victory at the XL Center.

Prophecy **lfilled. Bet you never thought so though! LOL :D:D