Sign in to follow this  
Biggie1083

Hagelin has been suspended.

I gotta disagree Biggie, to me if Hagelin throws that elbow before Carkner did anything he maybe gets a game misconduct or a major penalty, whether intentional or not but since it's after Carkners antics it's considered retaliatory, even if it was a mistake by Hagelin. Also it's one of Ottawas best players and the three game suspension may have been influenced by how long Alfredson is out if any games at all. The NHL is more sensitive to stars getting hit because of Crosby's recent injuries. I was not surprised by Hagelin's suspension.

While serving the suspension, why not have him slid into Zuc's stop of are playoff roster. LOL

Actually Biggie, even if the NYR would consider that. Wouldn't Hags have to be on their roster to get credit for serving the suspension or no?

I was totally ok with the Hagelin suspension and since Alfredson is still out and unable to play I think its more and more likely that this was a valid punishment.

Is it matching up with a standard for punishment throughout the league? **** no!

but as a seperate incident I dont have a problem with the three games. We know Hags is a rookie and he didnt mean it but still when you hit a guy in the head you should be out as long as he is, in most cases.

I'm not saying he shouldn't have been suspended, but 3 games it to much. 1, maybe 2, would have been fine, but 3 just doesn't seem right. He was a first time offender. You had Carkner, in the same game, go after Boyle, jump him, sit on him, and punch him five times while he was on the ice. He was only suspended for 1 game, and is a repeat offender.