Sign in to follow this  
Whaleofatime

... RockCats new name?

The rumor over the past couple years is either they move to Virginia Beach or the go down a level in play (yes, you read that right) and form a spin off league with Worcester being another city mentioned.

Whalerdude11086 wrote:

> Whalers4Ever wrote:

> > New Britain will land either a Atlantic League or NY Penn League team, no

> > doubt in my mind.

>

> Let's just say the Bridgeport Bluefish will have an instate rival soon. :)

Maybe an intrastate rivalry is just what both cities need. Could be **n. the Bridgeport Bluefish vs. the Hardware City Hammers :D

Maybe Baldwin can run some outdoor roller rink games in New Britain's empty stadium, he seems to like those outdoor events which get a hand**l of people, such as WhaleFlop in East Hartford, which I believe Jeff Jacobs said there were maybe 2000 or 3000 people there at the max.

What we are going to do in Hartford is that we are going to bring a baseball championship to the city, just like we brought a hockey championship to the city in the year 2000 when the city and local community got rid of the failed brand and brought in the new WolfPack brand and fan favorites with names such as PJ Stock, Ken Gernander, Derek Armstrong (32 goals in one season ring a bell ?) and other fan favorites which put Hartford on the map as a hockey town.

Hartford Hound Dogs , 2018 Baseball Champions !

WolfpackFan1998 wrote:

>

> What we are going to do in Hartford is that we are going to bring a

> baseball championship to the city, just like we brought a hockey

> championship to the city in the year 2000 when the city and local community

> got rid of the failed brand

Really? The way I remember it, Peter Karmanos moved the Whalers. The city and the community wanted the team to stay. As far as being a failed brand, Whaler merchandise continues to be a top seller. MSG then said "**" to their fans in Binghamton and moved their minor-league team to Hartford. Outside of you and a few girl scouts, no one knows or cares anything about the **ture Bridgeport Rangers.

You heard it here first. New Britain will get a college summer ball team playing at Beehive. To be honest it's a higher level of talent than any Indy league and if it's the NECBL you'll see plenty of **ture MLB prospects.

"Rock Cats" was aw**l & "Hardware City Rock Cats" was even worse. What we don't need is yet another team named after a some form of dog; wolf, husky, coyote...or feline; ****cat, Pride..."

Even though most AA teams have ridiculous names, some part of the name usually has at least something to do with where they're located. Aside from "Praying Mantis", almost nothing on this list is.

Of course the irony is that a list of non Hartford-affiliated names in itself shows that this sure is a Hartford-type of decision. So maybe they're just being consistent.

Might as well go with most absurd, Hartford Yard Goats.

I'm changing my vote to the honey badgers.....because if you've seen the youtube video you'd know that a honey badger doesn't give a f***.

Hartford Yard Goats, have a screaming Goat as the mascot, put a train conductor hat on him and name him Garry.

Then get him one of those trains that you see in the mall and he can drive it around the field with all his other mascot buddies. :D

And when we need a 'Let's go Goats' chant get a screaming goats head on the jumbotron and have him scream x3 to spark the chant.

HartfordYouAreMyHome wrote:

> It'd give a new meaning to the baseball term "going yard".

Haha I was initially mad about this but screw it, this is supposed to be about having **n. Minor league teams nowadays stray from traditional names and I'm not gonna let myself become angry over a AA team name especially when it's meant for the kids anyways.

On the rob dibble show tonight he had people call in their suggestions and the 1st 3 were insurance related,the agents, the insurers and the actuaries. I'm not sure if these people were serious but I don't get what is so hard to get? It's a AA baseball team . Everything doesn't have to be so serious. No kid wants to be a friggen insurance agent , or a charter oak, or the color dark blue. The Internet needs to lighten up. Some of the names are real dumb, but at least 2 or 3 are kinda **n, could make a cool logo for a hat and could give people a chance to have a couple beers and scream like Rick the goat who effs up the *****embly line in the commercial.

When this baseball thing first came out and the board referred to them as the Hartford Rock Cats, i stated that the name was horrible and sounded like a kids cartoon show. Now it 'll be even worse. Oh well it's great to have baseball back in the city of Hartford regardless of the name. For the record my choice would be the Chiefs. Now that's historic.