Wow, off to a great start, very nice third period by the sounds of it. The box score said Talbot was in goal, anybody know why, that surprised me (not that Johnson has been great of late, but he did get the majority of the playing time this year).

Ok, we at least got the split down there we needed, now the pressure is really on BPT in game two, can we get another one down there? GO WHALE!

Hope**lly, they won't need the second home game. I would like to see 2 games at home this series, but I be happier if they got it done in three. Just saying.

HUGE win for us tonight. I think it was vital to grab the home ice advantage, I think the Whale can win games 3 and 4 in Hartford. I'd love us to win game 3, but we've been a crappy road team this year.

Yes, Talbot has been the better goalie the last couple of weeks, looks like after tonight he is the man for this series unless he totally falls apart the next couple games. Let's hope he and the boys keep it up!

From the Connecticut Whale (AHL) page:

WHALE WIN!!! 3-0!!! Series 1-0!!! Goals scored by Tessier, Owens, and Bourque. Goals *****isted by Erixon, Nightingale, Bourque, Tessier, and Valentenko. Cam Talbot stopped all 42 shots for the shutout. All goals were scored in the third period.

3 Stars:

1. CT - 33 Cameron Talbot - 42 for 42

2. CT - 90 Kelsey Tessier - GWG, 1A

3. CT - 17 Ryan Bourque - 1G, 1A

They can't get ahead of themselves...there is still a long way to go yet.

Still, I feel a **** of a lot better about this series than I felt this time yesterday. Nothing better than having a hot goalie come playoff time.