The really interesting part was at the end of the game:

OT - BRI Romano, 16:36 - Misconduct - Unsportsmanlike conduct, (75.4) 10 min

OT - BRI Served By , 16:36 - Game misconduct - Abuse of officials, (39.5 (ii)) 10 min

Romano was screaming and yelling at the officials, and wouldn't stop. I understand that he didn't think the penalty should have been called, but he just lost it. I just wonder if anything's going to happen with that.

w2w It's amazing how much people want to talk about this after me being told "what's the rush, even if we do win 2 more this series we are going to lose to Norfolk 4 times 6-3."

I said that, I have seen Norfolk vs the Whale a few times in person and in the last two years I think they havent even won one game against that team. Including more than once where they lost back to back games to them in Norfolk, they could do that again in gm1 and gm2 in Norfolk.

Getting Norfolk may be a death sentence. However interestingly enough Norfolk chose to play the extra road game and losing that game at home may bite them back later, but it is Manchester.

"death sentence" ???? come on are you serious? Anything and everything prior to the puck drop in game 1 doesn't mean anything. Anyone who makes it into round 2 won't be easy. Our team just has to want it the most. If the Kings can knock off the Canucks, we can beat Norfolk.

How is it you were a Whaler fan if you never had hope having to play the higher seed? Because the Whalers were not the high seed very much at all when they got in.

"it is Syracuse" I don't know if you realize this but Norfolk is playing Manchester.

W2W If the Kings can knock off the Canucks, we can beat Norfolk.

Dont think the Canucks strike fear into the hearts of many teams but I get what your saying. When was the last time you saw the Whale/Pack beat Norfolk?

Its going to take you awhile.

W2W "How is it you were a Whaler fan if you never had hope having to play the higher seed? Because the Whalers were not the high seed very much at all when they got in."

How can you say that when I have hope that they will return?!

Ofcourse I believed the Whalers were always going to win, or at least I had high hopes for that. They did put up those big fights, taking the Canadiens to two seperate Game 7's one in OT and one in 2OT. Even when the Whalers were failing miserably in the playoffs they still put in a good fight. In 1988 when the Whalers lost to the Canadiens in 6 games they gave a glimmer of hope when they lost the first three games and at least won the next two to force a game 6 but they lost. Would have loved to push it to a game 7 again but they just didnt have it. Even when they were swept by Montreal I still had hope and the final two games they lose both in OT. I was hoping and they were trying to battle. Tons of hope for the home team but in reality they favorite is the favorite for a reason.

Ok, well that's my ? for you.

Why do you not have the same hope for the CT Whale that you did for the Hartford Whalers? Do you not think they can put up a good fight against Norfolk?

The 2000 WolfPack were down 3-1 in the series to the defending Calder Cup Champions(who really got feed by Boston in the playoffs) Beat Kay Whitmore in Game 5. Then faced John Grahme in game 6 who they couldn't beat all season. Beat him to force a game 7. Then going to OT which they had not beaten the Bruins in OT all year. Guess what happened next?

Hope yes! Would be very happy if they do or can,,,,

but if you are asking me who will win in a seven game series between Connecticut and Norfolk I say Norfolk in 5 games. Now for what its worth I think the Whale will try very hard in those 5 games.

W2W Then going to OT which they had not beaten the Bruins in OT all year. Guess what happened next?

Would have loved to have seen that live.

That brand won a lot of pride from me that night. Getting to finally watch the Black and Gold skate off the ice with their tales between their legs after a playoff series. Maybe if you were there that night you would understand why I was so upset about the rebrand.

But hope**lly now is the time that some pride can be won for the CT Whale. Maybe this year, the Whale can change what people think of when they hear the Br***** Bonanza.

Oh I completely understand why you were upset about the rebrand. The one thing all Hartford fans have in common is at one time or another their team was rebranded and or moved.

Thats a good question; What do people think of when they hear Br***** Bonanza?

"Maybe if you were there that night you would understand why I was so upset about the rebrand.

Hmmm....I was there that night, and I was thrilled about the rebrand. Yes, it was nice to beat Providence, and I have rarely, if ever, heard the HCC louder than the night Terry Virtue scored in OT of game 7. But it's not beating the Boston Bruins. You know how loud that building was that night? Had that been the Whalers beating the Bruins, you can multiply that noise by about 100.

"But hope**lly now is the time that some pride can be won for the CT Whale. Maybe this year, the Whale can change what people think of when they hear the Br***** Bonanza."

**nny. When I hear Br***** Bonanza, whether it's at Fenway Park, or at the HCC, or wherever, I think of the same thing every time. Hartford hockey. It's the one thing that should have been synonymous with hockey in this city, regardless of the brand. It was stupidly taken away by Brian Burke when he became GM, then brought back by Jim Rutherford, but only at the beginning of each period. Then it was taken away again, and brought back in November of 2011 by Howard Baldwin.

You never cease to amaze me, W2W. There is absolutely nothing you can say, do, or tell me, that would convince me that you cared about the Whalers, even a little bit. And you prove it with each and every post you write.

TheWhaleGuy123 wrote :

> He was still screaming during and after the handshakes.

And Poulin threw his stick across the rink too. On Sa****ay night, Czikas melted down after DiBennetto was tossed and threw his helmet, pushed a linesman and was shown the door.

At least their fans have some dignity.

TheWhaleGuy123 wrote :

> I thought their fans were pretty cool also Jimmy.

Yeah. Every one I came across in both arenas were pretty mello. They seem to be there to have a good time and root on the team. They don't get angry or beligerent if things don't go their way.