Sign in to follow this  
Whale2WOLF

RUMOR from Bridgeport

I was told by a aquatints Sound Tigers fan on Sunday. That his ticket rep told him that the Whale has laid off its front office because they are bankrupt. Also told me that the rumor is that the Whale would be moving to Bridgeport, but he didn't believe it cause he didn't think the Islanders would be moving their affiliation.

Any one else hear anything like this. I did see a lot of the front office in the directors suite before the game. A little unorthodox but the lay offs could be effective at the end of the season.

I will tell you that no one in the front office seemed upbeat, even with the 2-0 series lead. Howard Sr. showed up about a half hour late, all I can say is, I hope he had a cold, cause he did not look good at all. Didn't even look up when talking to the fans.

Anyone have any feed back to this. The Whale moving to Bridgeport could actually mean 3 things

Whale brand moving

NYR affiliation moving

or both

I never heard they were moving to Bridgeport but the Whale staff is definitely going to change next year some will leave voluntarily for their own reasons.

Howard has looked exhausted and not too chipper, Willand said he is doing all of this with the AHL, trying to eventually return the NHL, and rebuild the market, and at the same time his mother is very ill and he has been caring for her. Through all of it Willand said he hasnt taken one day off, not even for family vacations.

Evo,

The staff has slowly gotten better, I hate to see it start from scratch again. Is the staff going to be hired and paid by someone else? Will Willand be around still? Can you give anymore insight of what direction this is all headed in? Why wasn't Willand interview posted on youtube?

All I have heard is that WSE plans to be there all next season. Williand, Baldwins and whoever they keep and or retain from their current staff. I dont know who is staying though on the staff?

I also still hear from some of the WSE people that the lease negotiations will be done soon, month or two maybe but thats all I have heard and I dont even know if you can say thats concrete but thats what I have heard.

Now as for the Willand interview, we gave Willand a copy of the DVD on for the interview at the game against Manchester on April 6th, he was going to put some video from games at the XL on it. We havent been able to get it back, not sure if he is too busy or what. I am dissapointed that its taking too long too.

My friend is a S.T.H. in Springfield and is close friends with a bunch of the A.H.L. guys up there and coincidentally when he was at the game Whale game with me on Sunday he had also stated that the rumor up there was that the Whale was in major financial trouble. But honestly guys, is this really a big surprise to anyone? Did we not know this allready?

there are a zillion rumors out there. I heard 3 guys talking when I was in the will-call line that a deal was done that the Whale would be leaving for Brooklyn as soon as they are knocked out of the playoffs.

Now...before we sshoot down the Islanders/Rangers AHL swap, let's consider for just a minute.

Is it possible that the Islanders want to do this to judge Hartford as a **ture NHL home? Of course, this is providing they don't get a new arena in Uniondale? Maybe Baldwin would want to work with Charles Wang and maybe Wang will float HB some coin to get out of the hole?

I'm not saying it will happen...but that is, at the very least, a possibility.

There is just one glaring problem with all of these rumors, Baldwin and WSE don't own the team. Unless the Rangers want to move, none of these can happen.

Well if Howard is going to market this team next season. Hope**lly there is money to spend to market it. Cause if the all of next years marketing is as bad as it has been for the last 4 months then we might be looking at the worse figures ever next season. Of course going deep into the playoffs would probably be a huge counter to that statement.

LOL, if we didn't sweep all I am talking about is tomorrows game 4 so I guess I will take a brake for a while.

Yea Biggie is totally right, the one constant in this is the rumor that the Rangers want to stay, we havent heard anything else than that. Sometimes its best to stick with the slow and steady instead of the running target of rumors that surround WSE.

WSE looks to be running the teams marketing next year after that as I have heard Baldwin himself say, everything is off the table come June 2013.

And considering the promotion of Swain...and everything I have heard from several people in the WSE office, including Willand (through Evo) and from my ticket rep, Ashley Ford, the season ticket number looks to be growing, it could be as high as 1500 next year. They may have money issues, that's very well known at this stage of the game...but it appears they're not bad enough to prevent them from moving forward to next year. ****, if you heard Dave Romeiko on that interview with Crawford before game 3, it sure sounds like they aren't going anywhere.

I wouldn't rule out the Rangers wanting to switch affiliations and going to Bridgeport. Charles Wang hasn't proven himself a savvy businessman (15 years for Rick D anyone??) lol

Maybe there would be a swap.

Because he could be thinking of Hartford as a place for his Islanders in 2015. Remember Biggie...the players in Bridgeport now, at least some of them will be Islanders by 2015. Good support for the Whale under the Islanders umbrella could mean the NHL later. Nobody knows.

Not saying it's going to happen, I still hold out hope that WSE will get the lease and re-up with the Rangers and remain for a long time...but, at this point...anything...even a switcheroo of affiliations...is possible.

I knew this would happen (except for MarkH - perhaps the most gullible naive blind follower Baldwin could have ever dreamed for) , the entire plan would go down the drain, just most people thought it would take a bit longer to happen. The Uconn School Of Business, located just a few feet away from the XL Center, could use the last 18 months of Hartford hockey as a great lesson for their students, on the importance of not entering a market and flushing the old brand name and logo down the toilet and not alienating the fanbase, which came out for over a decade to see the Wolf Pack play. Here at Wolf Pack Nation, we thought it would be a three-year experiment, we thought 36 months would be required for him to burn through the cash and see that the people of Connecticut want nothing to do with his little sideshow act. However, when last November came and Baldwin and his kid were signaling the alarm that attendance was down to 1900 a game and trouble was in the air, I was even surprised that only 12 months into the experiment that things were going down the tubes so fast, and now here we are six months later and the final curtain call seems to be just days away for this Whale experiment.

I can't wait for the Wolf Pack to take the ice in Hartford again, it has been 18 months since I have stepped foot inside the XL Center, I would love to go back and be able to watch a hockey game played in Hartford, but I have not been able to do that since the powers that be swept into the city and took my team away from me.

The next question is, where is this circus going to end up next? He wore out his welcome in Iowa, his stay in Hartford lasted 18 months, so where does he bring his circus act next? Pigeon Forge? Gatlinburg? Fayetteville?

I am so proud of the Wolf Pack fan, I pulled together and boycotted this Whale scam, I rallied around what was right.

Final Score: Wolf Pack Nation : 1 , Connecticut Whale : 0

Wolfpackfan: Have you looked into checking yourself into a Mental health clinic? I hear the doctors down at St Raphael's are doing wonder**l things for patients suffering from delusions.

WolfpackFan1998 wrote :

> Final Score: Wolf Pack Nation : 1

Does this represent a partial score, or the current total membership of '"Wolf Pack Nation"?

For a long time now it has been obvious that an Islanders/Rangers swap with Bridgeport/Hartford would be an obvious win-win for everyone. The Rangers would get out of a market where they're not wanted, & actually move their AHL affiliate even closer to them than they are now. Honestly, why would they not want to do that?

The Islanders would only be moving slightly **rther away, & would give most of the Hartford fanbase a chance to really root for a team of our own for the first time since the 1990's. I've gone to many games since the rebrand to support the WS&E effort, & while it's great to have the Ranger colors gone & the Br***** Bonanza back, I still find myself not really caring if they win or lose. Plus as was mentioned, the Isles br***** would get a chance to see if Hartford would be a good fit for them when they leave Uniondale.

As an aside, I wonder what the attendance would be here next year if the affiliate swap occurs, & then Mr. Wang announces this summer that Hartford would be in the running for the Isles based on our support of the new, vastly improved Whale.

Is that the membership total of **dge Pack Nation? I think so. Dude. You are the best. The only circus act I've seen around here were the last two seasons of Wolf Pack hockey. In fact, I was one of the few in attendance to see it. Nobody came!!

LOL! Here we go again "Wolf Pack Nation". Are you kidding me? Yeah, the circus is coming to town starting May 10th, which will toally interrupt round 3 of AHL playoffs with the CT WHALE in the building. Wolf Pack Nation, give me a break, LOL!!!

Do any of you actually think Wang wants to move to Hartford? It would literally be a lateral move from N*****au to the XL, and he would never be able to anything like his proposed "Lighthouse Project".

If he was promised an arena, a state of the art Arena at a different location than the XL I think he might be persuaded. What would be his better alternative than that? There certainly isnt a ton of other cities that Hockey will work in right now.

WP98 Final Score: Wolf Pack Nation : 1 , Connecticut Whale : 0

What you did right there is put the puck into your own net, nice job scoring on yourself, this isnt how you get the win. I will let you stew on that till you figure it out.

"We all knew this would happen (except for MarkH - perhaps the most gullible naive blind follower Baldwin could have ever dreamed for) , the entire plan would go down the drain, just most people thought it would take a bit longer to happen."

Wait. Who is "we", you and your right hand? You and the other 4 members of "WolfPack Nation"? Who, exactly, is "we"?? I am quite sure that "we" does not include most of the people on this board, I am sure "we" does not include the thousands of hockey fans in this city that were thrilled to see Howard Baldwin back in town, and I am sure "we" does not include the people at MSG, you know them right, the ones that own the Hartford WolfPack trademark and logo and all of that stuff, as they were the ones that were so worried about how "WolfPack Nation" had dwindled down to you and 4 of your imaginary friends, that they agreed to bring Baldwin in.

So, I'm really curious...who is this "we"???? Oh, and are you and your imaginary buddies planning another protest before the next playoff game??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL! When I saw how many posts were in this thread, I knew it had been hijacked.

Let's bottom line this: The Wolf Pack is dead. You will never see the Wolf Pack again. Enjoy Sonar and the fog horn. That is the closest the Wolf Pack will ever come to skating in Hartford again. And there is no such thing as Wolf Pack Nation. You need more than one person for a "nation."

The Whale, on the other hand, are heading into Round 2. A very good lease will be agreed upon, the Baldwin's will be here for years and years to come, and our Connecticut Whale will make way for the return of the NHL Hartford Whalers.

Deal with it.

LET'S GO WHALE!!!

BB, I would agree with you, but at this point, IMO, I honestly don't see Baldwin and WSE being here that much longer. Everyone knows that he doesn't have that much money. People have been fired left and right, there has been no advertising, and then you have rumors saying that almost everyone wants to sue him for non payment. He still owes the state a quarter of a million dollars. I don't know what's going on behind the scenes, but from what I can see it doesn't look good at all.

Biggie makes some good points, but there could be things going on behind the scenes that might be taking care of the monies owed.

The bottom line is we just don't know anything regarding WSE's financial situation. And until we hear something, which will not be until the playoffs are over, all we have is speculation.