Sign in to follow this  
Whale2WOLF

RUMOR from Bridgeport

Well said Brushback

BTW Mark, Yes AEG sold $10 tickets also, which is 1 reason I gave them a low rating. You don't think I complained about them???

MSG Treated its fans with a dignity, that has not come close by AEG or WSE. If you were a season ticket holder, you were taken care of. To those that complained about individual ticket prices. They were told to buy a mini plan to lower their cost.

Bottom line if you were committed to MSG they were committed to you. That's the way it should be and that's what is missing right now. In Baldwins current situation, the only thing he can be committed to is not losing so much money. But he put himself there.

"They are alike and people felt disrespected on both ends of it. But must only drive on one way streets cause he can't see that."

You didn't put it in here, but I'm going to guess this is about me. I absolutely would see both ends of it, but the end you're trying to defend, in truth, isn't really defendable. Things were not good, they were at it's lowest possible point. Attendance was bad, there was no promotion, there was no radio/TV, newspaper coverage was down to nothing, and so on. Something had to be done, because it was obvious (or at least it was to most people) that the way things were, in the spring of 2010, was not good.

"But Mark always puts it out there in a way to be offensive"

What is so offensive about "More WolfPack fans = no Baldwin + no rebrand"? Is it because that statement is 100% true? This statement has been said so many times by so many different people, but because I say it, it's offensive?

"I think Baldwin could have if he didn't take sides. He should have split everything down the middle and said I have tried to make both sides happy and for hockey to work here we all have to work together and be one"

But one side didn't have enough support! If the WolfPack had a legit 1500-2000 season ticket holders, and they brought Baldwin in, then fine...take both sides. That was not the case. That number was about 1/4 of the 1500-2000. Baldwin's thought process was "I might lose 100 season ticket holders, but if I gain 1000, it's all for the better. And you know what? It took longer than he expected, but providing what I have heard from numerous WSE people is accurate, that season ticket number for next year is projected to be around 1500. That means Baldwin was right to "not take both sides".

Whalevolution wrote :

> Had they not mistreated Whaler fans by stripping the place and just

> expecting us to become Ranger fans maybe more would have stayed.

> How stupid was that to expect us to worship the Rangers right off the bat!?

Exactly. I've said this for years.

What's always been difficult to understand is what basis these Wolf Pack fans have to complain about the rebrand. Their team itself is still here. These few blowhards want to have their cake & to eat it, too. Again, because all they care about is themselves & not at all about this market.

Now, years later, we get some Br***** Bonanza & a little more green on the ice. Great. But we're still stuck with the Rangers. It's little more than putting a tuxedo on a pig.

Conversely if the NHL moved the Coyotes here & as a condition the league made the uniforms blue & yellow, & called us the 'Hartford BruRangers,' we'd complain that that'd be dumb & ridiculous, but we'd still go. Because it'd be our own team. Just like your team is still here. You even have that cliche'd fog horn. Exactly what else do you expect?

Guess what, few selfish Ranger fans-even with the green & blue they're still your team. But it's Hartford's market, & for years we were left standing out in the cold with nothing. (See Evo's quote above) You want the whole Rangers' experience? Go watch a game at MSG.

HYMH - "for years we were left standing out in the cold with nothing."

There was something. BUT because it wasn't the Whalers, because it wasn't the NHL, and because it was "one of the Whalers biggest rivals" o.O, some Whalers fans treated the people that went to games like *****. Whether they were Rangers or Whalers fans. I have seen Whalers fans get mad at other Whalers fans because they wore a Wolf Pack hat. People from the HWBC boycotted Mayor Mike's because he put up a Wolf Pack flag outside. This whole fan base has been fighting with itself for a long time. You even have people saying stuff like, "You're not a 'true' Whalers fan." Just because they liked going to Wolf Pack games. Evo has even said that HWBC members are fighting with each other.

Now you have people saying, "Support Hartford Hockey", but most of them are only saying it because now it suits them. I was never one of those Wolf Pack fans that said anything mean to someone wearing Whalers stuff, but I have had people yell and even throw stuff at me because I was wearing either Rangers or Wolf Pack stuff. Wolf Pack, and Whalers fans have given Evo, Mark, and I nasty looks when we talk at games. There are even some people, some are on this board, that want to take down the Wolf Pack banners. So, don't say, "few selfish Rangers fans." You are right about one thing "it's Hartford's market", but right now Hartford's market has an AHL team, that is affiliated with the Rangers.

Biggie1083 wrote :

> HYMH - "for years we were left standing out in the cold with

> nothing."

>

> There was something. BUT because it wasn't the Whalers, because it wasn't

> the NHL, and because it was "one of the Whalers biggest rivals"

You responded to my post, but you didn't really respond to its point. So please give your opinion of it if you will. For your convenience, I'll put it another way.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but unless I'm mistaken any player called up from the Connecticut Whale reports to the NY Rangers, the same as any who played for the Hartford Wolf Pack. (I believe the reason for that is because although their names are different, they're the same team) So tell me, if Ranger fans still have the actual team that they want to see here, why are they also complaining about the name & laundry change that finally at long last tossed a crumb to Hartford...This is Hartford, right?

Is there anything else we can for them? Maybe raise Mark Messier's number to our rafters? Perhaps buy a single clothes hamper from Wal-Mart, flip it upside down, & then use it to display all the Stanley Cups they've won over the past 70 years?

Tell you what- how about the Rangers leave, we then bring in the Minnesota Wild, & then change the name back to the Hartford Wolf Pack complete with red & blue uniforms. Then everybody's happy.

"Conversely if the NHL moved the Coyotes here & as a condition the league made the uniforms blue & yellow, & called us the 'Hartford BruRangers,' we'd complain that that'd be dumb & ridiculous, but we'd still go."

Would people really?? Or would they find excuses not to support it?

On the other hand I thought the reband was ridiculous and dumb and I have season tickets so why am I any different then you???

My god everyone fights with everyone in Hartford Hockey. May

A good move would be to take down and discard the Wolf Pack banners. We need to get the red and blue out of Hartford, period.

"A good move would be to take down and discard the Wolf Pack banners. We need to get the red and blue out of Hartford, period."

What good would that do?

MarkH2919 wrote :

> "A good move would be to take down and discard the Wolf Pack banners.

> We need to get the red and blue out of Hartford, period."

>

> What good would that do?

It's like I've said before, "most people don't really care about Hartford Hockey. They only care about Hartford WHALERS Hockey."

Biggie my brother...you care about being able to see your favorite team's minor league team 42 time a year at a very affordable price, not about "Hartford hockey" so come on dude, easy up a little on the long posts about Whalers fans hating the WolfPack :)

TheWhaleGuy123 - I do care about all of Hartford Hockey, and try to respect all the different parts of it. There is still a lot of hate between all the fans. Whether it's Whalers fans yelling at Wolf Pack fans, or vice versa.I have broken up fights between Wolf Pack and Whalers fans, and I have been verbally attacked by Whalers fans for being a Rangers fan living in CT. I was just showing people a different side.

Jersey, "Hartford whalers hockey was Hartford hockey.." - So are the New England Whalers, the Hartford Wolf Pack, and the CT Whale. The problem is that some people say that we should all support Hartford Hockey, but only care about the Hartford Whalers. You have members of the HWBC that sit at their table during games, and never leave. I'm just saying that if you tell people, "Support Hartford Hockey', then support all of it.

Anything played in Hartford is Hartford Hockey to me.

When you ask Rangers who were once on the Pack/Whale where they played their AHL Hockey they say Hartford.

They played Hockey in Hartford that makes it Hartford Hockey, no matter who owns the team.

What do you want to hear from WSE? Not following?

I will be very surprised if STH make the trip especially on a weeknight, and I dont blame them. This is why you cant expect fans to take the AHL seriously

imagine an NHL team having to play a playoff game in a neutral site becuase the circus is in town.

I'm a STH and there is no way to get out of work at 4 or 5, drive home, drive an hour (at least) to bridgeport. In addition, no ticket prices have been anounced. I'l bet that there are more Bridgeport fans there than Whale fans. I know if we had lost and BP was to play at the XL, i'd go. This should have been in Springfield or Quinapiac. We would have packed Springfield. The BP fans will probably be rooting for Norfolk and then it might as well be an away game. And listen, all you guys that sit here and rag on each other.... Go to the damn game Sunday and Monday,... Its Norfolk for God's sake. The support is needed more now than ever. Everyone is here because they're hockey fans. if youre not at the game, then the only reason that you are on this site is to be abrasive.

GO WHALERS

GO WOLFPACK

GO WHALE

GO TO A GAME

"I'm a STH and there is no way to get out of work at 4 or 5, drive home, drive an hour (at least) to bridgeport. In addition, no ticket prices have been anounced"

No nothing has been announced for the game in BPT, other than the fact that's 5/9, at 7:00, in BPT.