Sign in to follow this  
lebaron92

'11-12 AHL attendance info

19.7% - 37% is still an increase of 17.3% No?

Does anyone else think if advertising was used this season and bills were paid by WSE that this drop would be lower or an increase? I think the drop would be lower but still a drop. I dont know?

The lack of advertising is a big factor for sure. They also had two home games in the 2010-2011 season that had announced attendances of 21,673 and 13,089 respectively. By contrast, the largest crowd this year was 11,181.

If WSE stays and advertises the team properly, I think next year will see something in the middle between the 2010/11 number and this year's number.

Wow, that is terrible, the Whale saw the biggest attendance drop in the entire AHL.

Well, Hollywood Howard did say he wanted to be number 1 at something, so I guess he hit his mark, he is number 1 in the league for losing the most attendees. :lol:

MarkH2919 wrote :

> The lack of advertising is a big factor for sure. They also had two home

> games in the 2010-2011 season that had announced attendances of 21,673 and

> 13,089 respectively. By contrast, the largest crowd this year was 11,181.

>

> If WSE stays and advertises the team properly, I think next year will see

> something in the middle between the 2010/11 number and this year's number.

I wouldn't be surprised if these numbers are due to the Whale Bowl. The difference between last years avg and this years is only 100 people, not having a 20k+ attended game this season could certainly cause that difference.

Does anyone know how many more or less season tickets were sold for this past season compared to 2010-11

Whalevolution wrote :

> 19.7% - 37% is still an increase of 17.3% No?

No; an increase of 37%, followed by a decease of 19.7%, would lead to a net increase of 10% (rounded).