If they can get it payed for without public **nding that would be a huge win for the City of Hartford and the State of CT

chocco wrote:

> If they can get it payed for without public **nding that would be a huge

> win for the City of Hartford and the State of CT

you can say that again. private investors paying for Xl center renovation would be very rare in pro sports and if this report true this could be game changer for hartford. my dad is in arizona on business but i cant wait to give him call and se if he has heard anything.

Koosman and the NYP haven't gotten much right as far as reporting on Hartford. The Koosman guy said in an article 3 years ago or whenever it was that the XL Center was going near Rentschler Field as part of a larger development in the State. He also said Malloy put together a group specifically to hone in on bringing a team back. Both of those bits of information were incorrect but for heavens sakes I hope his reporting is true this time around. We need to accelerate the XLC plan. Once we get it underway anything will be possible.

This is great news if the state can get the business community and or investor to split the bill it will show the NHL how committed the city and state are to the xl center and NHL return!!! This will no doubt get the attention of the NHL!!

The fact that Freimuth responded with a quote for attribution confirming that they had retained a firm for construction and that private **nding was in play is what gives it the most credibility to me. Freimuth is one step away from the Governor's office and does not just make statements off the cuff.

freimuth only gave quote for attribution confirming architects have been retained to start work on Xl center. the bit about talks accelerating with private investors for **nding the Xl center renovation was attributed to unnamed "sources". still if private investors are willing to pay for Xl center renovation that would be a big plus.

Looking into **nding options one thing that I noticed is that the naming rights for the XL center was based on a 6 year agreement in 2007. I don't know what's currently going on, but Las Vegas is getting 6 million/year for 10 years and the Barclays Center rights going for 400 million over 20 years. I am not expecting for Hartford to get that kind of money but if they can get close to Carolina's 80 million for 20 years that can help offset some of the costs to upgrade the building.

I was thinking the same thing. They should be able to sell the naming righta to someone that could help with the renovation **nding!!

chocco wrote:

> Looking into **nding options one thing that I noticed is that the naming

> rights for the XL center was based on a 6 year agreement in 2007. I don't

> know what's currently going on, but Las Vegas is getting 6 million/year for

> 10 years and the Barclays Center rights going for 400 million over 20

> years. I am not expecting for Hartford to get that kind of money but if

> they can get close to Carolina's 80 million for 20 years that can help

> offset some of the costs to upgrade the building.

Problem being having an NHL tenant in your building nets you more $ in naming rights. It would have to be a smaller deal at first with a clause to either a. re-open the rights up or a clause to raise our annual payment contingent on an NHL/Pro tenant.

i'm talking about the private **nding.

"Although the CRDA has failed to attract public **nding for the renovation, talks have accelerated with private investors, sources said."

lebaron92 wrote:

> "...The CRDA plans on undertaking a $250 million renovation of the

> arena, but has not yet raised the **nds to pay for such upgrades..."

Chill out homes. You asked a question and I answered it. The article you are referring to was vague and contained no names. I've heard nothing since to make me hope**l that it was legitimate information.