I think the AHL thing is being vastly overstated here.. like a lot. Again just as quickly as they go to Tuscon (if they do) they can just as quickly be moved again. And also like I said it benefits the Coyotes but this would likely need to squared away before any relocation too.

A team that is considering moving to Hartford would not take the time and money to buy and AHL franchise located in Springfield, move it to Tucson, which would cost more money, and them move themselves 30 minutes from Springfield. Sorry , it makes zero sense.

"As much as I dislike calling people out with all due respect aren't you confident in your sources?"

My sources, to this point, had been spot on. My sources didn't see this coming, nor did I.

"A team that is considering moving to Hartford would not take the time and money to buy and AHL franchise located in Springfield, move it to Tucson, which would cost more money, and them move themselves 30 minutes from Springfield. Sorry , it makes zero sense."

Unless a sale of the Falcons has been in the works for a while, which is entirely possible.

And if you think that makes no sense, it makes even less sense to buy a team to move it 2500 miles away to a city where the parent club has no arena to play in after next season. That hasn't changed either, by the way.

MarkH2919 wrote:

> And if you think that makes no sense, it makes even less sense to buy a

> team to move it 2500 miles away to a city where the parent club has no

> arena to play in after next season. That hasn't changed either, by the

> way.

Yeah except the team president said last week that an arena announcement would be coming in the next 3 weeks. No big deal. Heard that kind of talk for years. Then days later that effort and expense was made to buy an AHL franchise and move it to Arizona. Both events put together give the notion that the team is staying put more weight.

Oh, and by the way, the move to Arizona by the Falcons isn't official until the league can confirm that the arena in Tucson will be ready in time for next season.

will5059 wrote:

> A team that is considering moving to Hartford would not take the time and

> money to buy and AHL franchise located in Springfield, move it to Tucson,

> which would cost more money, and them move themselves 30 minutes from

> Springfield. Sorry , it makes zero sense.

Will would you please refrain from lumping me into that group. I don't think the Coyotes are coming to Hartford. So politely stop. I'm speaking in general terms. And it makes perfect sense, staying in AZ or moving to Antarctica the NHL wants all teams to own their affiliates so they can move them where they need.

will5059 wrote:

> MarkH2919 wrote:

> > And if you think that makes no sense, it makes even less sense to buy a

> > team to move it 2500 miles away to a city where the parent club has no

> > arena to play in after next season. That hasn't changed either, by the

> > way.

> Yeah except the team president said last week that an arena announcement would be

> coming in the next 3 weeks. No big deal. Heard that kind of talk for years. Then days

> later that effort and expense was made to buy an AHL franchise and move it to

> Arizona. Both events put together give the notion that the team is staying put more

> weight.

Or once again that's what they want public perception to be to gain leverage in arena talks...

Whaleofatime wrote:

> Will would you please refrain from lumping me into that group. I don't think the

> Coyotes are coming to Hartford. So politely stop. I'm speaking in general terms. And

> it makes perfect sense, staying in AZ or moving to Antarctica the NHL wants all teams

> to own their affiliates so they can move them where they need.

Sure thing. I misinterpreted your position. Honest mistake.

I think markie/jersey should call Langley VA and ask if the cia has intercepted and coded messages concerning this thread. Although willie and I have a strong dislike for each other I've stated on more than one occasion that he and Plaineville are most definitely not like the ****ers that are on this board. The sand castle builders ie markie and jersey, are seeing their sand castles eroding rather quickly. I must admit however that this debate has stated some clever arguments on both sides, but markie et all are holding on to BS for their weak stand. So I ask this duo again: how's the construction coming along on the Church St. side of the XL.?

I will stand by what I have been saying, may not be Arizona may not be Carolina, but I do believe there are things going on pointing to the Nhl, if we didn't read anything from Freimuth or Malloy I would agree but like I said, i do believe more now than before.

" I must admit however that this debate has stated some clever arguments on both sides, but markie et all are holding on to BS for their weak stand."

I see. So, please Syrupboy, please tell us all where the Arizona Coyotes are going to play after the 2016/2017 season? I'll give you two hints to help you along (God knows you need it). The Suns have already said they want nothing to do with sharing an arena (again), and their current arena, in case you got hit in the head by a flying cow or something and was knocked unconscious for a while, they were evicted from last summer, and only have a 2 year lease, expiring next summer.

While you ponder your answer, I guess I should tell you that we're talking about a hockey team here. Not actual coyotes. Since you have no idea what to watch for in a hockey game, like set plays and power plays and penalty killing, and all that...you might need a little more guidance.

I'll be waiting for your answer.

Over on the BOH boards, Coyotes fans are just as con**sed as we are. They have no idea what's happening. The Coyotes say they are looking at three sites for a new arena, but no one knows how to pay for it, and even if they broke ground tomorrow, opening day would be about 3 years away. Now they also have to deal with finding a home for the Tucson Falcons. No one is committing to upgrading the arena there for the AHL.

There are rumors of relocation if all these issues can't be worked out, but the rumors are about Las Vegas, not Hartford.

This team has been a train wreck ever since they left Winnipeg. Obviously, with hindsight, they never should have moved. The arena issue was resolved there and the new Jets are doing much better than the Coyotes. They've also overstayed their welcome in the desert by many years. Multiple owners, including the NHL, almost bankrupting their host city with demands for subsidies while playing in the taxpayer-**nded arena built just for them, (which they now want to replace in a different location). The Coyotes story makes the ill-conceived move of the Whalers to Tobacco Road look like a great success by comparison. Although it seems evident that the Phoenix area is not a strong hockey market, I do feel for their fans who have been going through constant relocation rumors for years.

"There are rumors of relocation if all these issues can't be worked out, but the rumors are about Las Vegas, not Hartford"

Why would the NHL move a team to Vegas and give up the $500M expansion fee?

I found this article an announcement to expand to las vegas will be announced in the first two weeks of may.

"According to our source, the NHL will call a “not-so-secret” meeting of the Board of Governors. This is expected in the first week of May and will be held in Boca Raton, Florida."

http://sinbin.vegas/source-las-vegas-nhl-expansion-franchise-confirmed-announcement-in-may/'

I have never heard of this writer. looks to be a local reporter that has a close source with the team. so we'll see in a few weeks!!!

MarkH2919 wrote:

> "There are rumors of relocation if all these issues can't be worked

> out, but the rumors are about Las Vegas, not Hartford"

>

> Why would the NHL move a team to Vegas and give up the $500M expansion fee?

I can't answer that. It's just a rumor from another message board. Other rumors also say that Quebec City will not be approved for an expansion team. So you could also ask why the NHL would give up the $500 million expansion fee from what is almost certainly a better hockey market than Las Vegas. We know that the NHL wanted bids from more than just those two cities, specifically Seattle. Ultimately, it's not possible to figure out what the NHL has in mind, but these boards exist to give us a place to try our hand at it.

jerseydiehardwhaler wrote:

>

> http://arizonasports.com/story/637256/phoenix-mayor-stanton-if-coyotes-cant-move-downtown-theyll-probably-leave-arizona/

>

>

> http://arizonasports.com/story/637440/robert-sarver-suns-arena-plans-do-not-include-coyotes/

>

> Seems things aren't always what they seem.. It's not gonna be easy for them

> to stay on Arizona,

Oooo that's an interesting quote from thw Mayor. I don't think a deal gets done for Phoenix with the Coyotes. I really want to believe so my stance officially is hope**l. I will continue to be pessemistic because that seems to work for me.

jerseydiehardwhaler wrote:

> I'm not saying they coming to Hartford but we are in better shape to get a

> team than anywhere else right now..

The articles above point to the possibility of moving to Las Vegas or locations in Canada. Nowhere does anyone consider Hartford. Are we in better shape than Las Vegas? Quebec City? Kansas City? Houston? Portland? Yes, there are issues with these markets, but there are issues with Hartford as well. Hartford needs an arena that meets the needs of the NHL. We have a 40 year old building that would need $250 million worth of work to bring it up to NHL specs. There are plans, but **nding is a major hurdle. We don't have an ownership group that I know of. Just a statement by the governor a while back that groups were interested in bringing a team here. Since then, silence. There is the question of unbalanced conferences, and moving the Coyotes to Hartford would make a bad situation worse. Some don't believe that is a major problem, but the Eastern Conference teams and the Players *****ociation thinks it is. And let's not forget the state of the economy in Connecticut. With companies and jobs fleeing the state, who will be able to afford NHL tickets? I'd go to a few games a year, but season tickets are out of the question.

I can appreciate your optimism, but realistically we are not ready for the return of the NHL. Hartford gets no mention anywhere as a relocation or expansion site other than on this message board. And we're a little biased.

We are a little biased and we should be.. You say ownership group but we would be getting a team that has one already.. We have a bldg that can house a team whole it's being renovated, hence the plan that was put forth already and actually just last week architects were hired for this job.. We say everyone is better than Hartford l, how about we out Hartford first for a change.