Sign in to follow this  
Whalevolution

The Board was down for a period of time because

I just heard back from the Courant.

Appears a system upgrade caused the board to go offline for a short period of time.

That's it nothing more nothing less.

It would be great though if they auto deleted any posts that had nothing to do with Hockey. Which unfortunately is about 60% of what's posted.

Good to know. I thought someone pulled the plug after reading topic after topic that quickly degrades into insults and name-calling between the same few people all the time.

p4277 wrote:

> Good to know. I thought someone pulled the plug after reading topic after

> topic that quickly degrades into insults and name-calling between the same

> few people all the time.

I thought the same and to be honest I was ok with a board death sentence since no one actually talks about Hockey anymore.

It's just a troll babysitter site now, something to fill their day so they don't get bored.

Obi Wan Kenobi: "who is more foolish the fool or the fool who follows him?"

Good question!

Whalevolution wrote:

> I just heard back from the Courant.

>

> Appears a system upgrade caused the board to go offline for a **** period

> of time.

>

> That's it nothing more nothing less.

>

> It would be great though if they auto deleted any posts that had nothing to

> do with Hockey. Which unfortunately is about 60% of what's posted.

As a moderator, don't you have the power to nip that stuff in the bud? Most forums will typically have off-topic sections where non-sense is allowed, and on-topic sections where it isn't. When users violate the rules, they get banned. You start with a temporary ban of a few days and move on from there. Many of the recent threads were started with good intention only for them to be derailed into madness by trolls and others who can't help but respond. The board doesn't need to die, it just needs some simple rules.

If everyone was as offended by trollish activity and they wanted it stopped they would simply just have to not give the troll any response and it would stop. I've made legitimate points in the past, some that weren't popular and there would be little response, Wolfpackfan1998 plants an obvious land mine of a topic and there are 5 pages of replys. At some point the people who point fingers at the trolls need to realize that they are equally at fault. I however and a big fan of wpf1998 since Mark outed him as a Whaler fan and confirmed my suspicion that he comes here to send posters in a tizzy. You guys fall for it every time.

littlerob904 wrote: "Many of the recent threads were started with good intention only for them to be derailed into madness by trolls and others who can't help but respond."

Many of the older & ancient threads, too.

jerseydiehardwhaler wrote:

> If we know who the problems are why aren't they just eliminated instead of

> ruining everyone else's good times here..

The Courant is not going to *****ign some one on the newspaper payroll to come out here and read posts to make sure people are following the rules. And the Courant is not going to have some one on the newspaper payroll disciplining people. Evo is the moderator and it does not seem like the Courant gives him permission to ban people. So if we know who the problems are and those problem people are not going to be getting banned any time soon then WE HAVE TO IGNORE THE TROLLS. It is that simple. If you.do not ignore the trolls, do not be surprised when they keep posting just to get a rise out of you.

Do not give the trolls the attention they want. Responding to trolls gives them the attention they want. IGNORE THE TROLLS.

Whalerdude11086 wrote:

> If there was hundreds of people using this board right now, then I would

> understand why the Courant would want to keep it alive. But in reality,

> that number is more like 10 people. As for the whole "ignore the

> trolls" spiel, that's easier said than done. I think everyone has

> preached about ignoring wolfy and top kitty, but those two are still able

> to bait and reel in certain individuals to this day. Honestly, I don't ever

> see the situation getting better.

It would be a lot more like it used to be of it wasn't for the trolls. Reality is they are ruining it

Topcat

Biggie

Wp98

Karmanoosisgod

Vince

I am in **ll agreement that unless the topic is about Hartford Hockey, i.e. WolfPack Hockey (the only brand of hockey in Hartford), then the post and the user should be removed.

This is not a message board for Storrs Hockey, nor a message forum for Big 12 college football, nor a message forum for Carolina Hurricanes hockey.

The problem is, there are a lot of guys here with only the sole intention of creating problems, the worst are the folks who don't even live in Connecticut - who then log onto this forum for the very purpose of putting down our only hockey team located in Hartford, the WOLF PACK; they are essentially turning their noses up at the city of Hartford.

I've done 17 tours of duty in Hartford as a Wolf Pack fan, I've been to the **neral for a Wolf Pack Boosters President, I've been to a Calder Cup Championship game, I've stayed late after games and seen the likes of Biggie and his family also staying late to talk to the players after the game, I've seen Ken Gernander transition from a player to our longest-serving Coach... we can clearly see who supports Hartford, and who doesn't.

October 14th - Home Opener, I will be there in Hartford supporting Hartford Hockey ... I won't be hiding in an out-of-state pizza parlor.

Simple question for you Wolfie.

If WolfPack hockey is "the only brand of hockey in Hartford", why did I see you dressed head to toe in Whalers garb at last year's Bristol Blues game?

MarkH2919 wrote:

> Simple question for you Wolfie.

>

> If WolfPack hockey is "the only brand of hockey in Hartford", why

> did I see you dressed head to toe in Whalers garb at last year's Bristol

> Blues game?

Son, you have never seen me in your life, this is just more of your delusional rantings, just like your imaginary move of the Coyotes to Quebec, the imaginary move of the Coyotes to Hartford, the imaginary action of the Islanders not moving to Brooklyn, the imaginary action that the Whale gift store was simply just rotating inventory - not closing down for good, you do not deal with reality.

And now to hear that you are flooding the Boosters with little children in a warped way to boost membership, you are definitely a few screws loose, not dealing with a **ll deck; I'm so pleased to see Biggie back and exposing the fraud that is taking place with kids being signed up and p*****ed off as members.

Nashville Willy, you are still in Connecticut ?

I thought you would have moved down to Dixie by now.

I'm so sick of guys who don't live in Connecticut and guys who bash Connecticut at every turn and tell us they want to move out of Connecticut; p*****ing judgment on guys who live in Connecticut, who are proud of Connecticut, who are proud of our Governor and our Senators and our President and our Calder Cup Champion Hartford WolfPack.

I've done 17 tours of duty as WolfPack fan, these colors don't run, and you won't see a For Sale sign in my front yard anytime soon, Mr. Nashville Willy.

I thought the board went down too. What was amusing to me though was Biggie had one of the first posts after it came back online. It was like he was sitting there refreshing the page. I honestly feel bad for the guy.

WolfpackFan1998 wrote: "...who are proud of our Governor and our Senators and our President and our Calder Cup Champion Hartford WolfPack."

I laughed so hard at this I almost spilled an entire gl***** of water on my keyboard. Give us some notice next time if you're going to write something as **nny as this.

For the record, I saw Wolfie at the Blues game as well. We've all seen his picture. You could pick that mug from a mile away. He was there, all dressed like the good little Hartford Whalers fan that he is. I know he had his Sonar bobblehead doll with him but don't even want to think about where it was.

Whaleofatime wrote:

> I thought the board went down too. What was amusing to me though was Biggie had one

> of the first posts after it came back online. It was like he was sitting there refreshing

> the page. I honestly feel bad for the guy.

I was actually told by people from here that the board was back up. They messaged me that the board was down and told me when the board was back up. They also thought what Mark said about Bob Wood was disgrace**l and tasteless. I don't sit at home a refresh the page like some of the people on this board do. I even forgot about it before I was told that Mark was posting some disparaging stuff about Mr Wood.

Biggie1083 wrote:

> what Mark said about Bob Wood was disgrace**l and tasteless. I even forgot about it

> before I was told that Mark was posting some disparaging stuff about Mr Wood.

So true, Biggie1083, what Mark said was beyond tasteless. He officially hit a new low, but then when I was informed that he was flooding his little boosters group with children in an attempt to boost the numbers, I was left wondering if he hit another new low.

Disparaging a person who is deceased..... or flooding a group with children to boost membership numbers, it's a toss-up to know which activity is more sickening.

You guys are the tasteless wastes that don't need to be here,especially you biggie who hoped the whalers and the fans would die again.. How disparaging is that.. Wp98 has some issues obviously so he's not really that bad, just **nny.,

Exactly. Seriously, Biggie...what are you doing here? You're not a Whalers fan and nobody wants you here (except your creepy-weird admirer Wolfie who even you must admit is strangely attracted to you). What do you get from posting here? Do you feel some epic need to defend all things Rangers/Wolf Pack/MSG? A higher calling? Enlighten us.