Sign in to follow this  
Whalevolution

The Board was down for a period of time because

littlerob904 wrote:

> As a moderator, don't you have the power to nip that stuff in the bud? Most forums

> will typically have off-topic sections where non-sense is allowed, and on-topic

> sections where it isn't. When users violate the rules, they get banned. You start

> with a temporary ban of a few days and move on from there. Many of the recent

> threads were started with good intention only for them to be derailed into madness by

> trolls and others who can't help but respond. The board doesn't need to die, it just

> needs some simple rules.

It's really time consuming to read all this stuff. I was actually never told to do anything but delete spammers, we had spammers in 2011, nothing since.

Banning is not even on the table and might as well be a Unicorn seeing as how much stuff goes on here and no one has ever been banned.

I have two options

delete a post or crash a thread.

The best I can say if everyone is cool with it is to crash a thread when it goes off the rails. But then any legit post is gone too. And when you delete someone's post they have a cow. Whalerdude11088 knows what I'm saying.

So we've never had ground rules and It's not worth my free time to read every post and separate pissing contests. We all skip over the books that some write in their post. If posters want to talk to a certain someone who is out to antagonize then it's going to keep happening. Trolls can't troll without a captive audience. I know sometimes I'm the troll.

If the debates were legitimate and well thought here I'd gladly spend more time "moderating."

Whalerdude11086 wrote:

> If there was hundreds of people using this board right now, then I would

> understand why the Courant would want to keep it alive. But in reality,

> that number is more like 10 people. As for the whole "ignore the

> trolls" spiel, that's easier said than done. I think everyone has

> preached about ignoring wolfy and top kitty, but those two are still able

> to bait and reel in certain individuals to this day. Honestly, I don't ever

> see the situation getting better.

Agree it would take drastic change

WhalerChad wrote:

> jerseydiehardwhaler wrote:

> > If we know who the problems are why aren't they just eliminated instead of

> > ruining everyone else's good times here..

>

> The Courant is not going to *****ign some one on the newspaper payroll to come out here

> and read posts to make sure people are following the rules. And the Courant is not

> going to have some one on the newspaper payroll disciplining people. Evo is the

> moderator and it does not seem like the Courant gives him permission to ban people.

> So if we know who the problems are and those problem people are not going to be

> getting banned any time soon then WE HAVE TO IGNORE THE TROLLS. It is that simple. If

> you.do not ignore the trolls, do not be surprised when they keep posting just to get

> a rise out of you.

>

> Do not give the trolls the attention they want. Responding to trolls gives them the

> attention they want. IGNORE THE TROLLS.

Yes give it a week. Everyone will see the difference. Certain people are afraid the board will do this

MarkH2919 wrote:

> I thought they pulled the plug too, to be honest.

>

> Truth be told, kind of wish they did.

It took two emails to get someone to say something.

So you all can see where our and my priority rank in the grand scheme of things

:D

"They messaged me that the board was down and told me when the board was back up. They also thought what Mark said about Bob Wood was disgrace**l and tasteless. I don't sit at home a refresh the page like some of the people on this board do. I even forgot about it before I was told that Mark was posting some disparaging stuff about Mr Wood."

So you have people scouting the board for you, and when someone says something "disparaging" about a person, you jump on?

Not. Buying. It.

Oh, one more thing...if your buddy Wolfie doesn't post that "tribute" to your former president...nobody says anything. So, as usual, if you want to blame someone, blame him.

MarkH2919 wrote:

> Oh, one more thing...if your buddy Wolfie doesn't post that "tribute" to your former

> president...nobody says anything. So, as usual, if you want to blame someone, blame

> him.

No. I blame YOU. Like everyone says on this board, "Don't feed the trolls." YOU could have just saw the post and moved on, but no. YOU just had open your trap and say something. So, I blame YOU for everything you posted. It was disgusting and I hope you know that. If I had said the same thing about Marty I would expect the same response for people on this board. So, if you really think what YOU said is WP98's fault then you really need to seek help.

So it's disgusting to say someone is a memory?

really?

There are a lot of things I could have called him. A LOT of things....things that are much, much more disgusting than what I said.

My grandparents are gone, and they're nothing more than memories now.

They talk about me being a drama queen....but look at who is the drama queen now.

"If I had said the same thing about Marty I would expect the same response for people on this board"

Marty is a memory now also. But...as always, you have missed the point.

This is a WHALERS message board. It's not a Wolfpack message board. The only 2 people that post here that give a rat's a$$ about the WolfPack are you and Wolfie, and his true colors were shown to the world at the Blues game last year. That's it.

If Wolfie doesn't post about someone that p*****ed away over a year ago...someone that almost everyone here had no clue who he was....there's no comments to be made. Why don't you get that?

Wait, I know...because you're about as braindead as Wolfie. Makes perfect sense now.

MarkH2919 wrote:

> If Wolfie doesn't post about someone that p*****ed away over a year

> ago...someone that almost everyone here had no clue who he was....there's

> no comments to be made. Why don't you get that?

Why don't you get that feeding trolls by responding to every post they make is exactly what trolls want? Why don't you get that if you ignored trolls they would most likely eventually lose the attention they are looking for and go away? Why don't you get that trolls going away might not happen right away but it will eventually happen when nobody is paying attention to them anymore? Why don't you get that even if trolls didn't go away you make yourself look like an idiot by stooping to their level over and over and over and over again?

Wait, I know... because this isn't about the trolls. It is about your ego. It is about you needing to get in last word in every pissing contest on this board every single time one starts up. There is a reason that the number of people who post out here regularly has dropped big time. It isn't just the trolls. It is the trolls and the guys like you who have no self control who feed the trolls by arguing with them over every stupid post that it purposely made to get a rise out of you.

Do yourself and the board a favor and IGNORE THE TROLLS. Otherwise you are as big a part of the problem as the trolls are.

This post was made by WhalerChad who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

The definition of "ignoring the trolls" is ignoring losers like WhalerChad.

MarkH2919 wrote:

> This post was made by WhalerChad who is currently on your ignore list. Display this

> post.

>

> The definition of "ignoring the trolls" is ignoring losers like WhalerChad.

**nny how you block a guy like Chad that's nothing like a troll, but won't block WP98 or even me. I guess you must care enough to want to see what we post. Now who is living in who's head?

Dumb as bricks? I'm sorry but at least most of the stuff I talk about had come true. Yes, what I heard about UConn hasn't happened, but that only one thing. You and your sources have been wrong on multiple occasions. Honestly, I can't even remember the last time anything you and your sources have said that's come true.

heh heh....how would you know "all of my sources" have been wrong? Unless of course, you've been lurking here regularly and not posting.

So, again, how's the new UConn arena in Storrs coming along????

I talked to several of you when the board went down. We weren't sure what happened. One of those people was Biggie

When eventually the board went up I told him. I told a few people.

So that's who told him the board was up.

I don't Knnow either of them well. Marty and Bob went to a lot of Hartford Hockey games. I'm thank**l they both did.

Anyway so well just continue to play this board by ear lol

I'm not comfy with the idea of me being marshal law but if the board agrees to a simple set of rules I'll enforce them to the best of the abilities I have.

Whalevolution wrote:

> I don't Knnow either of them well. Marty and Bob went to a lot of Hartford

> Hockey games. I'm thank**l they both did.

Amen to that Evo. Very cl*****y thought and thing for you to say.

> I'm not comfy with the idea of me being marshal law but if the board agrees

> to a simple set of rules I'll enforce them to the best of the abilities I

> have.

I do not envy you Evo. LOL

5 Simple Rules.

1) Don't insult the Whalers or their legacy (Amen)

2) Don't insult the City of Hartford or the State of Connecticut (Unless you actually live here)

3) Don't insult any indigenous Connecticut Sports team, Collage or otherwise (Wolf Pack is consider a New York sports team and thus not protected by this rule)

4) Don't insult the Baldwins (In Howard we trust)

5) Don't insult any person who is found to be in violation of the first 4 rules, just ban them from this board.

There, done, simple. :D

I still want a **LL INVESTIGATION into the amount of young kids being signed up as "members", I wonder if some of these kids even exist or if they are just making up fictitious names of people for the sake of boosting membership, it seems to have jumped from a number in the 30s up to 59 pretty quick, they probably just found some kids names at the local elementary school and used those names.

We have people on this forum saying the Boosters need "new blood", and now I **lly know what they mean, the whole thing seems rigged, from the serious allegations that Biggie made, and I trust Biggie because I have seen Biggie's track record compared to Mark's track record.

If just half of the crap that Markie said was true, we would have about 5 NHL teams playing here right now, the Coyotes would be in Quebec, the Rock Cats would still be in New Britain, the Islanders would have never moved.... the guy is wrong on just about everything he has ever said. And now to hear that he is signing up little kids as Boosters, the whole thing is a joke. Even the pizza guy shows up less and less here, he must finally be seeing through the smoke of lies and the dismal track record of predictions from Markie's sources (i.e. the Nacho Guy).

Whalers4Ever wrote:

> 5 Simple Rules.

>

> 1) Don't insult the Whalers or their legacy (Amen)

Some of you guys do that.

> 2) Don't insult the City of Hartford or the State of Connecticut (Unless you actually

> live here)

I live here so this does apply to me. (Sorry Jersey)

> 3) Don't insult any indigenous Connecticut Sports team, Collage or otherwise (Wolf

> Pack is consider a New York sports team and thus not protected by this rule)

That's a complete joke. They play in Hartford but aren't considered a Hartford team. And you wonder why there's fighting.

> 4) Don't insult the Baldwins (In Howard we trust)

You really want to trust people that have hurt Hartford more than they helped, then more power to you. I won't trust people that didn't pay their employees, the city, the state, or their bills. I also won't trust people that actually send out "employees" to har***** fans of the current teams that play in Hartford, this includes the Wolf pack and UConn.

> 5) Don't insult any person who is found to be in violation of the first 4 rules,

> just ban them from this board.

Go ahead and ban then there will be only 5 people left on this board.

>

> There, done, simple. :D

Edited by Guest

MarkH2919 wrote:

> heh heh....how would you know "all of my sources" have been wrong? Unless of course,

> you've been lurking here regularly and not posting.

Haven't been lurking. Evo and others have told me what you've said. Also one look at WP98's list shows all the lies you and your sources have tried to spread on this board. The thing is that this is the only place any of those things have been said. I did some fact checking while I was away from the board for some members and the stuff you posted had no other backing on than "what your sources told you".

>

> So, again, how's the new UConn arena in Storrs coming along????

So, I was wrong. At least there was some evidence that the arena at Storrs might have happened. Evidence like articles on from the Courant and and reports on the news. That's unlike anything you have posted.

"Haven't been lurking."

Lies.

"Evo and others have told me what you've said. Also one look at WP98's list shows all the lies you and your sources have tried to spread on this board."

Not surprising...like Wolfie, you take stuff said 4 years ago and consider it Gospel. Then you wonder why I think the two of you are dumber than dirt.

MarkH2919 wrote: you take stuff said 4 years ago and consider it Gospel.

Mark, don't flatter yourself. With the exception of jerseydiehardwhaler very few people out here consider anything you say Gospel. That is because your predictions and opinions and supposed inside info from your inside sources have proven false over and over and over again. When it comes to your predictions and opinions and supposed inside info from your inside sources the stuff you said 4 years ago didn't pan out. The stuff you said 3 years ago didn't pan out. The stuff you said 2 years ago didn't pan out. And the stuff you say today doesn't pan out. No matter what year it is you have a track record of being wrong over and over and over and over again when you share your supposed inside info. And when people point your lousy track record out to you you get pissed off because you are so thin skinned.

If you don't like people pointing out your lousy track record of predicting what is going to happen with hockey in Hartford, the **ture of NHL in Hartford, and relocation and expansion in the NHl, then you should get a source that actually knows something. Maybe you can try asking a real "nacho guy". It couldn't go much worse then what your supposed inside source has been telling you all this time.

The only people dumber than dirt are your so called inside source (if such a person even exists and your inside info isn't just crap you've been making up to get attention) who has given you a lot of dud information, you for believing the so called source, and the few people out here who actually believe the phony rumors you share.

WhalerChad wrote:

>When it comes to your predictions and opinions and supposed inside info from your inside

> sources the stuff you said 4 years ago didn't pan out. The stuff you said 3

> years ago didn't pan out. The stuff you said 2 years ago didn't pan out.

> And the stuff you say today doesn't pan out.

I couldn't have said it any better.