Sign in to follow this  
Whalevolution

The Board was down for a period of time because

Recommended Posts

It's stunning...but you miss the point.

 

The official number, the one recognized by the league, and the team, is 21,673. You can photoshop pics or whatever, but that's the number that is official.

 

Again, paid attendance and turnstile attendance are two different things. So unless you have a way to get into the Baldwin's books...21,673 is the number. Deal with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, and EVERY team hands out tickets for free and uses them in their attendance, including your WolfPack. That is a fact. Deal with it. Loser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MarkH2919 wrote:

> Oh, and EVERY team hands out tickets for free and uses them in their

> attendance, including your WolfPack. That is a fact. Deal with it.

> Loser.

 

 

Clown, the pictures don't lie, there were about 800 people there. Most sections had fewer than a dozen people in them. You can print off as many worthless paper tickets as you want to, hand out free tickets like candy, you can fabricate the numbers just like you have done with the Boosters where you are signing up little kids and just making up names of members to boost the membership numbers; Jeff Jacobs saw right through your lies, he said all of your numbers were pure BS and lies.

 

Same with your lies about the Gift Store, everybody could tell the team was going under and the Gift Store was running low on inventory and about to close down... but you were on here with your usual habitual lies telling us they were letting inventory run down so they could redesign styles for new clothing inventory.

 

for those of you keeping track at home:

- Boosters numbers are **ll of preteen kids, fabricated membership numbers

- WhaleFlop numbers were fabricated, stadium was about totally empty

 

The more I look at the below picture, even the total of 800 people seems a bit on the high side:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-PghcOveSx5I/TWRYzfeyriI/AAAAAAAAAsI/ctEWkZ3lxtQ/s1600/02192011717.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh Markie Boy, all the time you are spending with your new batch of pre-teen Boosters is shrinking the size of your already small-sized brain, even you are having a hard time of convincing yourself, let alone others, that the free tickets printed off out of thin air for WhaleFlop are to be considered legitimate "attendees".

 

Oh well, I guess you used the same WhaleFlop fabricated strategy and carried it over to your Boosters, where you have made yourself the Director of Membership, with the agenda of adding on loads of little kids to boost the membership numbers. :lol::lol:

 

It's hard to know which numbers are more fabricated: the WhaleFlop numbers or your Booster numbers.

 

Even the Pizza Guy doesn't show up much anymore, he got sick of trying to defend you at every turn, after you said the Coyotes were said to be moving to a hand**l of cities, that Vegas wouldn't be getting a team... it's hard to defend your boatload of crap.... even WhalerChad do*****ented your load of crap and BS numerous times recently, none of your crap pans out.

 

... but flooding the Boosters with elementary school aged kids... that is a whole new low for you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im here wolfie, don't you worry.. I'm dealing with a few things and pop in from time to time.. Reality is, you are still in Hartford whaler nation territory and the Rangers even after all these years couldn't change that.. People like you and lard ***** lard mouth lying biggie will leave soon enough.. Now go rub your so at doll, the most hated mascot ever..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

VinceCT wrote:

> Sorry kids. The number was just thrown out there by Baldwin's people. There

> would not have been 21,000 people there if the weather was perfect. The

> number is just a face-saving tactic. Saying there were 21,000 people there

> or "tickets sold" is a lie. Plain and simple.

 

Coming from a guy who didn't even show up. Sorry you come off as hollow. No backup or new info.

 

Well good luck with your mission to prove that wrong. It kills the Ranger fans that the largest game attended in Ct was when they finally recognized the market and branded the team correctly.

 

Amazing how many larger attended games the Whale have.

 

 

They'll probably do something like this again someday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are right that 14k was the largest amount of tickets for a Wolf Pack Game

 

So let's review

HWP 14115

Whalers 15635

Ct.Whale 21657

 

 

 

Nothin wrong with Bronze

 

 

Congrats!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Problem however is, the WhaleFlop tickets were being handed out for free, Biggie1083 has covered that fact extensively, which invalidates the WhaleFlop numbers, and just about any other number that Hollywood and his Son tried to spoon-feed us; Biggie1083 has covered these topics numerous times over the past few years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmmm..... Well it's an interesting conspiracy theory you have, you'll need to find some evidence and then try to get the media to buy it and then possibly the AHL would launch an investigation.

Your biggest obstacle is getting people to care.

 

 

 

Well good luck you have a long uphill battle ahead of you, son. :mrgreen:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-----------------------

 

February 19, 2011|By PAUL DOYLE , COURANT

 

WIND CHILLS WHALE BOWL ATTENDANCE

 

 

The crowd in the stadium for the Whale Bowl outdoor hockey event was sparse, but organizers of Whalers Hockey Fest 2011 were hoping the seats would fill up as the day wore on. Instead, the wind chill intensified and many of the seats stayed empty.

 

"I'm thrilled with it," Baldwin said. "How could you not be?"

 

Yet his son, Whalers Sports and Entertainment President Howard Baldwin Jr., admitted he was disappointed by the turnout. The weather forecast called for afternoon temperatures to reach the high 30s or perhaps 40 degrees.

 

As the Whale and Bruins played their AHL game under the lights, cars were leaving. The announced attendance was 21,673, which surp*****ed the previous AHL attendance record of 21,508.

 

But there were clearly far fewer in the stadium. Baldwin, who returned with the promise of rebuilding the hockey market, has pointed to the "Whale Bowl" as an opportunity to send a message to the NHL.

 

-----------------------

 

It was pointed out that there were "far fewer" in the stadium, and that Baldwin's kid was disappointed with the attendance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

---------------------------

 

February 20, 2011 - Jeff Jacobs, COURANT

 

WHALERS ATTENDANCE CHILLLY IN RESPONSE TO TEMPERATURE DROP

 

The Whale announced they set the AHL record for the largest attendance, but they were never close to putting 21,508 fans into the Rent that the Syracuse Crunch announced last February for their outdoor game at the New York State Fairgrounds.

 

The Whale announced 21,673 tickets sold. The Whale said 15,234 tickets were scanned. In all, the Whale said 28,600 tickets were distributed. There were about 7,000 comps.

 

 

There were maybe 7,000 at its highest point at the Legends game. If anybody read my column on Sa****ay, they'll recall I pushed for fans to stand and cheer for Brian Leetch. This was a unique opportunity to thank a Connecticut kid for a Hall of Fame career. After all, he's the greatest American player in hockey history.

 

And when he was introduced, so many fans did. Of course, there were only about 4,000 there.

 

The AHL game topped out at maybe 12,000. Midway through the third period, there were 2,000 fans left.

 

----------------------

 

 

So, according to Jeff Jacobs, the AHL game topped out at MAYBE 12,000, and there were 2,000 people there in the 3rd period.

 

The WolfPack number of 14,115 still tops both of those numbers PUT TOGETHER, so the Wolf Pack still hold the attendance record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

------------------------

 

Jeff Jacobs :

 

" The AHL game topped out at maybe 12,000. Midway through the third period, there were 2,000 fans left.

 

If Baldwin knew this was going to happen, he could have saved a lot of money on snow removal and cleared only half the Rent. "

 

----------------------

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL!!!

 

I try not to feed this douche, but man, this is cl*****ic. Biggie and Jeff Jacobs. Biggie and Jeff Jacobs? The guy you have a creepy obsession over, and a washed up writer? Those are your people? Yep, those are great sources to stake your argument on! IT'S WOLF PACK NATION OF THREE!

 

Sorry buddy...I'll take the official AHL record books. Those will do me well. I think those have a tiny, tiny, tiny bit more credibility than your posse here.

 

LOL!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mr. Br***** Bonanza wrote:

> LOL!!!

>

> I try not to feed this douche, but man, this is cl*****ic. Biggie and Jeff

> Jacobs. Biggie and Jeff Jacobs? The guy you have a creepy obsession over,

> and a washed up writer? Those are your people? Yep, those are great sources

> to stake your argument on! IT'S WOLF PACK NATION OF THREE!

>

> Sorry buddy...I'll take the official AHL record books. Those will do me

> well. I think those have a tiny, tiny, tiny bit more credibility than your

> posse here.

>

> LOL!!!

 

 

 

Listen up Troll, Jeff Jacobs is the MOST READ sports reporter in the State of Connecticut, that is a FACT. Biggie1083's brother worked doing video production at Wolf Pack games, he has an inside source, we have FACTS about the REAL attendance at WhaleFlop, we have PICTURES, we have Jeff Jacobs and Paul Doyle's news reports. All you have is a banner from some 1986 Adams Cup thing and some copies of unpaid bills for Reebok jerseys with the letter "S" on the front of them, why there was a large "S" on the front of the jersey with a whale diving through the letter "S" is something I will never understand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yawwwwwn....

 

more stupidity from Wolfie.

 

Stay tuned tomorrow when Wolfie tries to convince those much smarter than him that the Earth is actually flat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeff Jacobs still delivered the FACTS.

 

The Hartford Haters on here have NOT shown one picture of the Stadium 50% **ll, it would have to be 50% **ll to have an attendance of roughly 21-thousand.

 

The pictures show the stadium at about 3% **ll, nowhere near 50%.

 

 

------------------------

 

Jeff Jacobs :

 

" The AHL game topped out at maybe 12,000. Midway through the third period, there were 2,000 fans left.

 

If Baldwin knew this was going to happen, he could have saved a lot of money on snow removal and cleared only half the Rent. "

 

----------------------

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WolfpackFan1998 wrote:

> Mr. Br***** Bonanza wrote:

> > LOL!!!

> >

> > I try not to feed this douche, but man, this is cl*****ic. Biggie and Jeff

> > Jacobs. Biggie and Jeff Jacobs? The guy you have a creepy obsession over,

> > and a washed up writer? Those are your people? Yep, those are great sources

> > to stake your argument on! IT'S WOLF PACK NATION OF THREE!

> >

> > Sorry buddy...I'll take the official AHL record books. Those will do me

> > well. I think those have a tiny, tiny, tiny bit more credibility than your

> > posse here.

> >

> > LOL!!!

>

>

>

> Listen up Troll, Jeff Jacobs is the MOST READ sports reporter in the State of

> Connecticut, that is a FACT. Biggie1083's brother worked doing video production at

> Wolf Pack games, he has an inside source, we have FACTS about the REAL attendance at

> WhaleFlop, we have PICTURES, we have Jeff Jacobs and Paul Doyle's news reports. All

> you have is a banner from some 1986 Adams Cup thing and some copies of unpaid bills

> for Reebok jerseys with the letter "S" on the front of them, why there was

> a large "S" on the front of the jersey with a whale diving through the

> letter "S" is something I will never understand.

 

LOL! Go take some more of your meds, old pops! You're nuts. You're insane! Get it through your thick old mush for brains you have: THE CONNECTICUT WHALE HAVE THE LARGEST ATTENDANCE OF ANY ONE GAME IN THE HISTORY OF CONNECTICUT HOCKEY! Your Wolf Dung are a piti**l third. DEAL WITH IT, OLD MAN!

 

Go take your pictures with your special friend Biggie and Jeffy Jacobs and whoever else and go clean some typewriters or something. You're worthless, man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, this is insane... The few people still posting here are discussing a single game of 5 years ago. And not the game itself, not the players, the teams, or the score. No, it's all about the number of people who bought tickets, received comp tickets, went to the game, and left early. And despite the arguing, everyone pretty much agrees on what happened. 21,000+ tickets were sold/distributed. Due to extremely inclement weather, many of the ticket holders did not show up. The same weather conditions led to many of those in attendance leaving early. So why is this one game taking up so much time and space on this board?

 

In my opinion it comes down to not having a team for 19 years. We've exhausted so many topics that this is what's left. If we get a team back, this board will be a great place again. But arguing incessantly about the attendance at a game 5 years ago is just sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WolfpackFan1998 wrote:

> ------------------------

>

> Jeff Jacobs :

>

> " The AHL game topped out at maybe 12,000. Midway through the third

> period, there were 2,000 fans left.

>

> If Baldwin knew this was going to happen, he could have saved a lot of

> money on snow removal and cleared only half the Rent. "

>

> ----------------------

 

 

We've heard this before. But there's no evidence that 21,673 tickets weren't sold. You are unfortunately stuck with the same obstacle. The AHL record stands and probably will stay at 21,673 for all time.

 

Has to upset a couple people but it's time to learn to live with it and enjoy the remaining time with your favorite minor league hockey team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this