Sign in to follow this  
Whalevolution

The Board was down for a period of time because

"you act like going to a WolfPack game is a crime"

No, if it was a crime, I wouldn't go at all.

After the re-rebrand, and the way Whalers fans got screwed over yet again....as someone who truly loves Hartford and wants what is best for Hartford...I decided enough was enough, and I wouldn't go. Until UConn hockey moved to Hockey East, if I needed a hockey fix, I'd go to Springfield. Now, with UConn in Hockey East, I get my fix through them this is my third season of having season tickets, the quality of play is decent, not great, similar to the AHL in that regard, and the atmosphere in the building is the closest thing to a Whalers game since they left almost 20 years ago. Simply put, the majority of people that go to Pack games could not care less about the result on the ice...as long as they have a night out...either with their buddies, or with their family...or whatever...it's OK. At UConn games...people care...there is genuine frustration when the team struggles...there is genuine jubilation when the team plays well.

And this is not me blowing smoke. Evo will tell you the same thing...so will WhaleGuy, Whalers4Ever, and others that have seen the atmosphere at both games. The difference is astounding.

The difference between the two atmospheres is palpable.

Watch this clip.

You tell me? When was the last Pack goal that brought that kind of celebration and utter jubilation? Terry Virtue's goal?

is it because

The arena is filled with students and alumni?

It is college and there is more enthusiasm for that?

People feel like they have a home team to pull for?

Because everyone accepts the AHL as a development league?

You tell me, but it's different than a pack game

The atmosphere shows it

The attendance figures show it

And even this video, I've posted videos of dozens of Pack fights, Pack goals and Pack wins and I don't get near the views that this video got.

This video got 5k views in a matter of days.

And if that video didn't get ya watch this one to the end. This goal only brought the team within one goal of the lead and the crowd is going nuts.

I know the I had mentioned before some time ago that I too attended One wp Game. It was nothing like a Whaler game in every way. The Quality of play was astounding poor. The crowd size was miniscule. The patrons in attendance were similar to Walmart customers in Mississippi. And lastly, the patrons did not get the game itself. And like markie, I too left during the second period. In summary: over priced for the product.

And as someone who has attended all aspects of Hartford Hockey over the years (decades really) I can attest that Evo is absolutely correct. I personally remember what Whalers playoff games in Hartford felt like, the atmosphere, the electricity in the air, br***** bonanza, our team etc. UConn is the closet thing I've ever felt to recapturing that feeling. There was a "flash" of that same feeling once with the CT Whale too. The first night of the re-branding when they won in a $hootout. But even that was not as close as most of these UConn games have felt. Looking forward to this coming season.

Over the past 20 years I've given the Wolf Pack 2 chances. First, their first couple seasons after our Whalers left. It started out ok but quickly turned to feel to "Rangerish" so I was gone before they even won the Calder Cup in 2000. I came back for Howard and the re branding to the Whale. Had season tickets for all 3 seasons and found it enjoyable despite the parent affiliation. After the change back to Wolf Pack things changed (and not for the better). I hung on for 2 more seasons. Last year I did a half season and this year I decided to not get tickets at all, it's just not **n anymore to me, especially compared to UConn hockey. Just old, stale and bland with too much "in your face" Rangers bull$hit.

I look forward to an affiliation change and hope**lly better days. If not, well I will still have my Huskies. But we really need to get the New York out of Hartford once and for all.

If there is one thing that most everybody on this board should be able to agree on with little issue...is that Hartford needs a new AHL affiliate, and the sooner this happens, the better.

wp dodges the ? that I put to him many times. So wp ranger guy, "Would you support a team in Hartford that has a new affiliate?? You have 3 choices: NO, YES, or Maybe. The Maybe needs to be explained if that's your choice These are not difficult questions. Ducking the question makes you a phony coward.

I am so sick of coming on here daily reading these usual hate**l postings, people bashing the XL/WolfPack Arena, bashing the city of Hartford, bashing the great job that Governor Malloy has done, bashing Mitch Beck from the Howlings, bashing Petey Hindle from the Hartford Examiner, bashing Joe Zone from WFSB, bashing Sonar, bashing the Rangers, bashing young devoted fans such as Biggie1083 and PackFan5580, bashing the significance of winning a Calder Cup in the year 2000, bashing the AHL, bashing the Hartford Courant (the oldest newspaper in the Country), bashing everything about our city.

I am PROUD of my city, I am PROUD of my Governor, I am PROUD of the young fanbase such as Biggie1083 and PackFan5580, and I am proud of my Calder Cup Champion Wolfpack, and I WILL BE AT OUR ARENA ON OCTOBER 14th FOR THE WOLF PACK HOME OPENER (while some of the usual haters will be up in Springfield, snubbing their nose at Hartford)

HARTFORD

H

..O

....C

........E

..........Y

This reprobate still dodges this important question. He's now relying on what metoo and lil markie has been accusing me of ie " a City of Hartford attacker". So if members demand a change in the affiliate they then are anti Hartford? That's as stupid as these couple of jerks saying that I'm a traitor to the Whaler Brand or even more stupid a traitor to the Whaler team that hasn't existed in over 2 decades because I've moved on to a NHL team that's closest to me. ANSWER the F&%#ing Question you hypocrite ranger fan. I for one do not forget or forgive Bruin and Ranger fans coming into our building and attacking our whaler fans with fisticuffs. Hab fans came in and were respect**l and knowledgeable. THAT in a nut s**** is the difference.

"He's now relying on what metoo and lil markie has been accusing me of ie " a City of Hartford attacker".

Hold on now.

I accused you of not being able to find Hartford on a road map.

If you're going to throw me into your rants against Wolfie, at least try to remember what I was attacking you about. OK?

For p4277:

The problem with a message board is it is very hard to type as one would talk. In this case the line "Once again if you say..." refers to the universal "you" not "you" singluar. So don't get your panties in a bunch.

"I've never said there were 21K at the stadium that day so again you need to think before you post lies. it's the very reason why you have zero credibility here yet after five years you can't help returning for a verbal beat down. You are welcome though."

When you (singluar) state there were 21,000 at WhaleBowl, which you have done many times, you (singluar) are lying. Your attempts at dodging this are very feeble.

As for me having no credibility I guess being right for over 20 years means nothing. When Karmanos bought the team I told anyone that would listen, including on older message boards, that the team was gone. Especially if/when he asked for a new building. That certainly came to p*****. In the ensuing years I have stated over and over that the team is not and never will be returning. How has that turned out? So in Petey's world me being right means I am wrong. Typical Connecticut backwards thinking.

Now, I am not sure I like the tone some of you are taking with Petey. I have seen Petey at games late, and have then seen him post articles on the Hartford Examiner very late at night, he is committed. Now, I will be the first to mention that Petey did get caught up a few years ago in the Baldwin PipeDreams, some were even referring to him as "Petey Baldwin", especially when he was dragging Junior onto his TV show and lobbing softball questions at Junior. Right around this time, Petey was making statements that the WolfPack brand would never come back to Hartford, while giving airtime to the Baldwins throwing around plans for a $105 Million renovation plan - when behind the scenes, they were having problems paying small-priced bills. However, after WhaleFlop, Petey did change his tone, Petey started reporting doubt about the Baldwin plans and stopped being a propagandist for the Baldwins. It was around this time that Petey had a falling out with the Boosters and decided to go his own way; while others here continued on a path of delusion - to the point of saying the Coyotes were "just days away" from moving to Hartford, it was Petey who was displaying doubt to those wild pipe dreams, and Petey redeemed himself for some of his sloppy reporting in 2011 and 2012, and he worked at rebuilding his reputation in the Hartford media.

jerseydiehardwhaler wrote:

> This is real easy, the ahl has the attendance for the game, if we are lying

> why don't you call them and get the number for yourself guys.. There number

> is official, great day for Howard amd the whalers..

Why should we call a 3rd party to get the attendance, when we have NUMEROUS pictures taken DURING the game, as well as reports from Jeff Jacobs who was AT THE GAME.

We also have the OFFICIAL AHL GAME REPORT from the AHL.

So why believe unofficial photos and opinion pieces from Jacobs when we can use an OFFICIAL AHL GAME REPORT instead?

VinceCT wrote:

> "I've never said there were 21K at the stadium that day so again you

> need to think before you post lies. it's the very reason why you have zero

> credibility here yet after five years you can't help returning for a verbal

> beat down. You are welcome though."

>

> When you (singluar) state there were 21,000 at WhaleBowl, which you have

> done many times, you (singluar) are lying. Your attempts at dodging this

> are very feeble.

The great thing about my life is I don't have to"dodge" anything I never said so again You are at square 1 more like 0.

> VinceCT

> As for me having no credibility I guess being right for over 20 years means

> nothing. When Karmanos bought the team I told anyone that would listen

I take what you say weigh and measure it and then decide if you are **ll of crap or not. But if you want to use a narrow fixed view of my posts, cool, good luck with that.

The success of the return of the Whale is not judged on time it will be judged on a favorable confluences of cir*****stances and wether or not a state is smart enough to capitalize on them. Unfortunately for you those conditions will continue to exist even after you or I are pushing up daisies.

I certainly have stated before it only takes two things for the NHL to return. Someone to sell and Malloys group to buy. I think those chances were better before a state budget and a AA baseball mess caused by a poor decision making mayor.

But if I hear Hartford is dead I'd say so. If the Whalers return you'd vanish like a fart in the wind. Integrity always wins over keyboard muscle guy. ;) (< take note of this Whalerdude, :lol: )