Whalevolution

'GET MOTIVATED' Hartford Hockey Moment

Biggie1083 wrote :

> You can root for the home team, but you choose not to because of your

> hatred for the Rangers. The thing is that there are Whale Fans that are

> also fans of the Rangers, Devils, Bruins, and other teams, but for some

> reason you can't do it. All I have to say is, "You're missing

> out."

Actually it's my dislike for the Rangers but yes, I can't root for them. After the re-brand I even tried to root for the Whale, but it just didn't work. It was like trying to root for the Bruins or Pats. I still went to games, though.

And yes, there are fans of the Bruins, Devils, & etc (The Rangers go without saying) that are Whale fans. That's great for them; I'd never presume to tell them not to be Ranger fans. I just can't root for the Rangers. & just as you've said other team's root for Rangers/Whale, it's also true that there are others who can't root for them either. Some, like me, go to the games, & some don't.

I didn't like them before they got here, & I didn't like how they treated Hartford after they did. Don't know what else to tell you.

"no Calder Cup won on a goal by Terry Virtue, John McRangers or whoever scored it would ever come close to either of Dineen's Game 6 winners or, for that matter, several of their regular season wins. IMHO."

I've said this before...I've heard that building at **ll voice for the Whalers...and the night Terry Virtue scored the winner against Providence...that place was LOUD. If you closed your eyes and let your mind wander for a second, you would not have known if the team on the ice was AHL or NHL, and you wouldn't have known if it was a conference final, or game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals.