Sign in to follow this  
Whalevolution

As we've been saying there is an investment group

MarkH2919 wrote:

> "If there is a group now would be the time for then to step out of the

> shadows."

>

> Why, because you asked them to?

No, because it is retarded to build an NHL arena if there is no NHL team. There is probably not going to be an AHL team according to half this board. So to convince the taxpayers and the legislatures that represent them that this isn't $250 mil for 30 UCONN events and a Justin Bieber concert a year showing who these investors are would be in order. Go ask the people in N*****au how renovating an arena for a guy who doesn't own a team is working out for them.

TeenWhalersFan wrote:

> Monizzle145 wrote:

> > Malloy is no different than trump. Alternative Facts and imaginary

> > investment groups with no names or specific people at the forefront.

> >

> > During this Raiders situation to go to vegas actual banks revealed their

> > names and big name investors were mentioned in person. Since things have

> > gotten worse actual names and actual banks were named and backed out of it.

> >

> >

> > During malloys tenure everything has been hearsay and rumors.

>

> Don't compare my President to that moron who is running Connecticut into the ground.

> Malloy is a tax and spend liberal...

And Trump is a liberal who became a conservative when it was cool to be one then decided to spend money on walls and healthcare. Trump is a spend and reduce tax moderate which is worse. True fiscal conservatives reject his healthcare bill as well as the numbers on the cost for the wall and infastructure improvements.

Your history and understanding of politics is incorrect. Trump cuddles to ANY and I mean Any politician who helps him and his businesses. He has even done business with our global adversaries which we ALL know about. I can elaborate on this for hours on end but why waist my time. As for the little brat, I think he's caught in a very tight family cult.

MarkH2919 wrote:> Why, because you asked them to?

No. They should do it because if supposed investment group that supposedly wants to bring Nhl team to Hartford identified itself than it might convince Ct taxpayers to support state paying for big $$$ renovation of Xl center. And why wouldn't investment group want to identify itself? Not only would them identifying themselves maybe convince Ct taxpayers to support state paying for big $$$ renovation of Xl center, it would also put pressure on city and state that Nhl team already plays in to either build a brand new arena or do a big renovation of the current arena. Investment group could play current market and Ct against each other to get best arena deal.

Of course investment group might not want to identify itself because then Ct taxpayers might ask them why they won't pay for Xl center renovation themselves, or at least split $250 million bill for Xl center renovation with state.

Or supposed investment group might not even be real. It might just be rumors again.

You haters are really something else.

Evo TOLD you why the investment group hasn't made themselves public. Here was his quote...

"You can't pin it on Malloy for not announcing the investment groups name. The state is clearly following the NHLs handbook on this"

Which is what someone tried to tell you guys...and that someone was laughed at.

MarkH2919 wrote:

> You haters are really something else.

>

> Evo TOLD you why the investment group hasn't made themselves public. Here

> was his quote...

>

> "You can't pin it on Malloy for not announcing the investment groups

> name. The state is clearly following the NHLs handbook on this"

>

> Which is what someone tried to tell you guys...and that someone was laughed

> at.

Haters? People who disagree with you are haters? What exactly do the haters hate?

When did this become the NHL's handbook? It wasn't in Winnipeg, it wasn't in Las Vegas, and it hasn't been in Quebec. We know who was/is involved in all those locations. But in Hartford it has to be kept a secret? Why?

And didn't the governor say there were several groups interested in bringing a team to Hartford? None of them can go public?

This sounds like the Patriots fiasco all over again. I feel as if Hartford is being used to pressure other cities/states to pony up to demands from their teams under the threat of relocation. I hope I'm wrong.

Oh boy lil markie, the alarmist says that the XL must come down if this 250 mil. is not spent. He says that the building is rotting away before our eyes. " The overhead doors don't work right, some electrical wiring needs replacing along with some plumbing" How's he know this $ h i t? Oh ya, da governor said so. He also stated that the sidewalks in Hartford might as well be rolled up. I *****ume he believes that if this goes through upper middle cl***** folks will come running to town to spend lots of $ and will come to reside as well. Yes, the city that ranks 49th in US capital cities. That will all change as well. OOK boys let's get busy.

MarkH2919 wrote:> You haters are really something else.

Someone not agreeing with you doesn't make them a "hater", MarkH2919.

Someone wanting state of Ct to be care**l and cautious about spending $250 million of publicly bonded $$$ during tough financial times for state of Ct doesn't make them a "hater".

MarkH2919 wrote:

>

> was his quote...

>

>

> at.

I know what Pete said. I understand what Pete said. I don't agree completely with what Pete said. It's not that hard. I've asked for an explanation as to why he feels Hartford is to be kept a secret while ownership groups in Winnipeg, Las Vegas and Quebec were allowed to let their intentions be public knowledge. I've never gotten a response to that question, if I did I missed it. I'm not laughing at anyone. So don't get all dramatic.

Markie using the Quinnipiac facility is TOO **nny. This guy will never stop regardless of the logical points people make which use facts that threaten his dream. He claims that he's in his mid 40s? I'd can only imagine what he was like in his 20s. He smacks of narcissism. He should take some pointers from the master of narcissism. Instead of saying "Fake News" he can change it to "fake points". How about the slogan "Alternative facts' used by the big guy's chief advisor. "Alternative facts" might work for him. The big guy's name calling has lessoned so he might copy that as well. Markie boy, just trying to refresh your sorry posts when things go bad

"Oh boy lil markie, the alarmist says that the XL must come down if this 250 mil. is not spent."

No, the Governor said that. Michael Friemuth, head of the CRDA said that. I am only going by what they're saying, they are the ones that make the call, not me.

"He says that the building is rotting away before our eyes."

Always amusing when idiots like you put words in my mouth. I never said anything of the kind.

"The overhead doors don't work right, some electrical wiring needs replacing along with some plumbing" How's he know this $ h i t?"

Not to mention the ice-chillers and a host of other issues, and that's just to keep the building operating day-to-day as it is now.

top cat wrote:

> Markie using the Quinnipiac facility is TOO **nny. This guy will never stop

> regardless of the logical points people make which use facts that threaten

> his dream. He claims that he's in his mid 40s? I'd can only imagine what

> he was like in his 20s. He smacks of narcissism. He should take some

> pointers from the master of narcissism. Instead of saying "Fake

> News" he can change it to "fake points". How about the

> slogan "Alternative facts' used by the big guy's chief advisor.

> "Alternative facts" might work for him. The big guy's name

> calling has lessoned so he might copy that as well. Markie boy, just trying

> to refresh your sorry posts when things go bad

I was using the QU facility to prove a point, stupid. I don't care one iota about the QU facility. But I don't want to see it torn down either, not that its going to be anytime soon, and if the time came where they needed improvements, and asked the state to foot the bill, I'd support it, because I love sports and I want to see ALL the Connecticut schools do well. And to do well, they need first cl***** facilities, which the current XL Center clearly is NOT.

MarkH2919 wrote:

> I was using the QU facility to prove a point, stupid.

What was that point? A relatively small ,privately financed, college-specific facility which is well maintained, has almost nothing in common with a large, publicly owned, multi-use arena that has been allowed to deteriorate to the point that the governor is threatening to close it.

There is no point. That's what this guy does. And what's great he finishes with calling me stupid. Where you gonna get this? Can't get. A little Jerrey Sienfield quote

Good thing Mark didn't design the rink in Hamden or he would've made it 18,000 seats with 2 concourses just in case the NHL came calling.

top cat wrote:

> Your history and understanding of politics is incorrect. Trump cuddles to

> ANY and I mean Any politician who helps him and his businesses. He has even

> done business with our global adversaries which we ALL know about. I can

> elaborate on this for hours on end but why waist my time. As for the little

> brat, I think he's caught in a very tight family cult.

Mr. Top Cat, me a brat? Were you talking to my mom and dad? :-) No, not a family cult, but busy with my church and boating and fishing.

Now, Mr. Top Cat, the New Haven Colosseum was torn down because it wasn't renovated, am I right? Now, what is there? What about the businesses that were around it? Did their sales go up after the NHC was torn down?

Think about Hartford stores and restaurants. Do you think they'll have an increase in sales after the XL is closed? I doubt it...

MarkH2919 wrote:

>

> was his quote...

>

>

> at.

Mark H, where there's smoke there's fire, so I hope it's true. I want to see a Whalers/Lightning game after tailgating on my boat with va few other fans...(City of Tampa got docks near the Amilie Arena)

TeenWhalersFan wrote:

> Now, Mr. Top Cat, the New Haven Colosseum was torn down because it wasn't renovated,

> am I right? Now, what is there? What about the businesses that were around it? Did

> their sales go up after the NHC was torn down?

>

> Think about Hartford stores and restaurants. Do you think they'll have an increase in

> sales after the XL is closed? I doubt it...

You can't compare the XL Center with the New Haven Coliseum. The Coliseum was structurally unsound, due to the fact that it was built on unstable reclaimed land. This is why I have such a low opinion of politicians. They made the decision to build the Coliseum on that site. And they knew what type of ground they were building on. The reason the garage was built on top of the arena is that when they dug down a few feet, they hit water. They built there anyway, and within two years, the building was showing cracks due to uneven settling. They had ridiculous cost overruns, which meant they never actually completed the building as planned. It was supposed to include a restaurant and exhibition hall in addition to the arena. Keep the overruns in mind when you beat the drum for $250 million for the XL Center. And finally the politicians decided they had no choice but to demolish the building. Plans were made up for new retail and restaurant development. They never delivered on that either. The politicians had put up a parking garage at the nearby railroad station, and it was not nearly big enough. So the New Haven Coliseum became a parking lot to handle the overflow from Union Station. Politicians ****...

MarkH2919 wrote:

> "Speaking for myself, I haven't been to the XL Center since 1997. So

> for 20 years, it hasn't mattered to me if the XL was there or not. Without

> an NHL team, it won't matter to me in the **ture either. I don't think I'm

> the only one in this situation, do you?"

>

> And this is the exact thought process that brings Connecticut down. The

> "I don't use it, so who gives a crap if anybody else does"

> thought process.

>

> I don't use Quinnipiac's building...you don't see me complaining about it,

> though.

And so **nny that people have this opinion like it's a rational sane argument.

You don't care about the XL. But you will when your taxes go up to cover Hartfords mounting losses.

I don't care about early on education. I don't have any kids using all of those billions of dollars for schools. Yet I pay my fair share and vote yes on educational increased spending. Why? Because I know my problems and everyone's problems will grow if we don't.

Another layer that markie peeled off. With that last statement it was p*****ed ultra right. So does he mean that adults that never had kids and adults who no longer have them in public schools???? That brightens up markie right leanings.

Another layer that markie peeled off. With that last statement it was p*****ed ultra right. So does he mean that adults that never had kids and adults who no longer have them in public schools???? That brightens up markie right leanings.

top cat wrote:

> There is no point. That's what this guy does. And what's great he finishes

> with calling me stupid. Where you gonna get this? Can't get. A little

> Jerrey Sienfield quote

Wow do you guys really need Handle Bars for this???

TC

no more maple syrup if you want it tap your own trees, boil it down from now on.

Will

no more Islanders, if you want them become a Billionaire buy move the team

And pay for a new arena

P4277

No more BobCats state money shouldn't go to QU for anything if you guys want QU in NCAA D1 your fan base will have to pay for it from now on.

Get It yet?

Evo gets it.

No money for the XL means no money for ANYTHING else either. So I don't want to hear about the roads, or the schools, or anything else.

MarkH2919 wrote:

> Evo gets it.

>

> No money for the XL means no money for ANYTHING else either. So I don't

> want to hear about the roads, or the schools, or anything else.

OK, I'm missing something here. Why does not spending money on the XL Center mean no money for anything else? It should mean $250 million could be spent elsewhere... Have you spoken to the state employee unions about their paychecks and pensions before saying there won't be any money for anything else?