Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WhalerChad

Isles to bid for Elmont arena; Seattle gets Key arena plans

10 posts in this topic

Malloy has put Xl center reno proposal out there. Islanders are seriously looking at arena at Belmot Park. Hansen wants to build new arena in Seattle and Seattle also now has two proposals for Key arena reno.Going to be interesting to see what happens in Nhl over next few years.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/islanders/islanders-plan-to-submit-bid-for-arena-at-belmont-park-nhl-s-gary-bettman-says-1.13504161

https://nhltoseattle.com/2017/04/17/2-proposals-for-keyarena-rfp-process/

Seattle doesn't have a building and there is no push from the residents of Seattle to get a new building for a hockey team.

Hartford is much **rther ahead, we have a building, the building is essentially empty as UConn only has a partial schedule for use of the building and the Wolf Pack will be on their final season in Hartford next season, we have investors, we have a Governor and Mayor who are on board and pushing for the NHL to come back to Hartford, Bettman was in Hartford earlier this year looking over things, the SCI architects will be finalizing plans next week in Hartford, Seattle is at least 5 years behind where Hartford currently is right now.

glothelegend wrote:

"Timmy where are getting this info?"

Probably out his @$$. He fails to mention how the state is going to cough up the $250M for this. They're already talking about another round of layoffs for state employees because of the budget deficit.

Who is this Timmy guy? Like I don't post much, but he pops up out of nowhere and spouts this stuff? Like I pray you're 100% but I've smelled crap and wad told it was gold too many times to be hope**ll.

glothelegend wrote:

"Who is this Timmy guy?"

I think of Timmy from South Park when I read his crap :lol:

glothelegend wrote:

> Who is this Timmy guy? Like I don't post much, but he pops up out of

> nowhere and spouts this stuff? Like I pray you're 100% but I've smelled

> crap and wad told it was gold too many times to be hope**ll.

"Timmy" is a satirical persona. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess whomever is behind "Timmy" is also begin the over-the-top "teenwhalerfan".

glothelegend wrote:

> Who is this Timmy guy? Like I don't post much, but he pops up out of

> nowhere and spouts this stuff? Like I pray you're 100% but I've smelled

> crap and wad told it was gold too many times to be hope**ll.

Agree

I don't mean to be bull***** rumor guy or the get everyone's hopes up falsely guy or whatever....BUT....this is important to ask oneself....WHAT HAPPENS TO UCONN if they do not renovate? The "new palace arena" on campus idea sounds good until you see the one lane road from 84 to campus and then also realize donors do not want to drive to Storrs on a Wednesday night from Simbury to GP where they can't buy a beer lol. It would also take years more to design an on campus arena, raise the **nding, build an actual system of roads capable of moving 10-15000 people regularly to campus etc.

To sum up....these legislative types would be really shockingly dumb to not approve the renovations. 250 million is a drop in the bucket compared to the money they waste yearly.

will5059 wrote:

> glothelegend wrote:

> > Who is this Timmy guy? Like I don't post much, but he pops up out of

> > nowhere and spouts this stuff? Like I pray you're 100% but I've smelled

> > crap and wad told it was gold too many times to be hope**ll.

>

> "Timmy" is a satirical persona. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess

> whomever is behind "Timmy" is also begin the over-the-top

> "teenwhalerfan".

Will: No, when Tim joined in 2010, I was too young to be on the internet. I joined 7 months ago, not 6 years 7 months ago. Sorry, will.

Oh by the way you are over the top, I'm not on the Puke Fan Club forum, but the Whalers Fan Club forum...