Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimmyFromBoosters

Yard Goats stadium being half empty actually helps Whalers

13 posts in this topic

With the Yard Goats seeing a major slide in their attendance, with the stadium now more than half empty for games, that is going to help the Whalers come back as it shows that Hartford is a hockey city, and not a baseball city. We cannot play second fiddle to baseball, Andy Gresh on the radio would only talk about football and baseball and he got shown the door by WTIC last week, Gresh was a former football player and had no time for hockey, ratings were poor for sports talk on WTIC due to the Whalers not receiving the same amount of air time as the Patriots and Giants would receive from Gresh. I know some people were concerned that all of this talk and hoopla surrounding the Yard Goats was taking the spotlight off our push to bring back the NHL and find a home for the struggling Hurricanes, as the Yard Goats become a struggling team characterized by a losing schedule and a brand new stadium being half empty for games, it will help instead keep the spotlight on the NHL returning.

attendance so far

April 13, 6850

April 14, 6065

April 15, 5915

April 17, 2935

April 18, 3153

April 20, 3270

Is this fool, timmy really the teen brat? Even wolfie wasn't that weird. Can't be for real

It's been 6 games, relax. 3 of which were played on a weekday in April. This is a AA team and once the summer roles around and more weekend dates families will be coming out.

MLB can't draw spit this early. That's why they refer to the game as The Boys of Summer. Is the hoop la about the XL and a NHL return fizzeling? Not reading much about the "prediction" that the Whalers are on their way from some where and the billions will be raised regardless of the economy and those billionaires will come out with some announcement after the playoffs

Ever notice how when packfan stopped posting teenwhalerfan started posting and when teenwhalerfan stopped posting then Timmy was born?

This Timmy guy is a wacko. It's been a hand**l of games right? Wtf are you getting at the season barely started? Lol you're delusional with everything you say. Sorry.

Yard Goats and Whalers are apples and oranges...you can't compare double A baseball to the NHL. Different fan bases, far fewer home hockey games than baseball games, double AA is largely families on a night out once or twice a year not diehard fans like of an NHL team. It's nice to have the Yard Goats, don't get me wrong, but they honestly were just fine in New Britain and the stupidity with the ballpark would be a huge factor in the XL not being **nded if the geniuses in the capitol do something as asinine as not approve renovations.

Most minor league baseball teams don't draw well during the week until school gets out for the summer. Most MAJOR league baseball teams don't draw well during the week until school gets out for the summer.

WOW markie boy. What insight concerning pro baseball. You're just a fountain of knowledge and wisdom.

I've forgotten more about baseball than you'll ever know, *****hat.

top cat wrote:

> Is this fool, timmy really the teen brat? Even wolfie wasn't that weird.

> Can't be for real

No, Timmy is not me, the teen brat. He joined here in 2010, when I was 7.

:lol: will5059 wrote:

> Ever notice how when packfan stopped posting teenwhalerfan started posting

> and when teenwhalerfan stopped posting then Timmy was born?

Will, he joined in 2010, when I was 7. Of course, facts is not your strong suit... :lol: