Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimmyFromBoosters

Bridgeport State Rep. Rosario: "We want to get in the game"

104 posts in this topic

TeenWhalersFan wrote:

"Serious question, Wolfdude, how many Wolfpack players bought boats from Connecticut marine dealers? Whalers used to buy boats from my dad's friend (who owns a marina), he never sold one yet to a Wolf player."

What does buying a boat have to do with anything that's been said here?

Whalerdude11086 wrote:

> TeenWhalersFan wrote:

> "Serious question, Wolfdude, how many Wolfpack players bought boats

> from Connecticut marine dealers? Whalers used to buy boats from my dad's

> friend (who owns a marina), he never sold one yet to a Wolf player."

>

> What does buying a boat have to do with anything that's been said here?

My dad's friend sold boats to Ron Francis, Cary Wilson, Kevin Dineen, Sylvan and Pierre Turgeon, Joel Quinniville, Mark Howe John Anderson and other players...never yet to a Wolf player...

A major league player got money to spend on hobbies, like boating and will a minor leaguer spend money on real estate? No...Major leagues spend more disposable income than a minor league in the community. Think Wolfie...

TeenWhalersFan wrote:

> My dad's friend sold boats to Ron Francis, Cary Wilson, Kevin Dineen, Sylvan and

> Pierre Turgeon, Joel Quinniville, Mark Howe John Anderson and other players...never

> yet to a Wolf player...

>

> A major league player got money to spend on hobbies, like boating and will a minor

> leaguer spend money on real estate? No...Major leagues spend more disposable income

> than a minor league in the community. Think Wolfie...

Yes kid, Hartford's struggle to get the NHL back has everything to do with your dad's "friend" selling boats to ex-Failers players decades ago. :roll:

FYI there's only one "Wolfie" on this board and I ain't him.

Whalerdude11086 wrote:

> TeenWhalersFan wrote:

> > My dad's friend sold boats to Ron Francis, Cary Wilson, Kevin Dineen, Sylvan and

> > Pierre Turgeon, Joel Quinniville, Mark Howe John Anderson and other

> players...never

> > yet to a Wolf player...

> >

> > A major league player got money to spend on hobbies, like boating and will a

> minor

> > leaguer spend money on real estate? No...Major leagues spend more disposable

> income

> > than a minor league in the community. Think Wolfie...

>

> Yes kid, Hartford's struggle to get the NHL back has everything to do with your dad's

> "friend" selling boats to ex-Failers players decades ago. :roll:

>

> FYI there's only one "Wolfie" on this board and I ain't him.

No, I was commenting on something else. Major League players will stay in an area to raise their family. When you live in an area, you will spend money - on a house, leisure activities and hobbies. A NHL franchise in CT will stimulate the economy. Minor league players won't buy a house, or spend money on hobbies and leisure activities. They want to leave to get to the NHL....