lebaron92

pre-season NHL in Bridgeport

12 posts in this topic

Anyone going? ...anyone going wearing Whaler gear?

ISLANDERS TO BATTLE RANGERS IN BRIDGEPORT

NHL rivals collide at Webster Bank Arena for the first time ever on Friday, Sept. 22

BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (May 16, 2017) - The New York Islanders will take on the New York Rangers in an NHL preseason game at Webster Bank Arena on Friday, Sept. 22 at 7:30 p.m. The venue is home to the Islanders' American Hockey League affiliate, the Bridgeport Sound Tigers. Webster Bank Arena, located at 600 Main Street in downtown Bridgeport, has hosted an NHL preseason game on five other occasions, including last October when the Islanders faced the Washington Capitals. Bridgeport also played host to sellout crowds for Islanders exhibition contests against the Boston Bruins in 2011 and 2014.

Tickets go on sale to the general public on Friday, June 2 at 10 a.m. To purchase tickets, visit Ticketmaster.com, call Ticketmaster at 1-800-745-3000 or stop by the Webster Bank Arena Click It or Ticket Box Office. For group ticket information, please call 203-345-2300 ext. 7. Executive suites and premium seat packages are also available by calling 203-345-4841.

---soundtigers.com---

Alan **ehring: (203) 345-4824 - alan.**ehring@harboryardse.com

TeenWhalersFan wrote:

> Jeez, wonder if the Rangers do that in Hartford... :lol:

Imagine the crowd chants

canadawhale wrote:

> TeenWhalersFan wrote:

> > Jeez, wonder if the Rangers do that in Hartford... :lol:

> Imagine the crowd chants

True and how many would have Whalers shirts on?

Posted (edited)

Was the Rangers playing preseason games in Hartford part of the initial deal or was that just a rumor? 

Edited by ElmCityFan

43 minutes ago, ElmCityFan said:

Was the Rangers playing preseason games in Hartford part of the initial deal or was that just a rumor? 

I don't think that was ever brought up, more just poking the Rangers for not doing that when the Isles do (or something idk)

The Rangers did play preseason games in Hartford in 1997 and 1998.

They drew poorly even then and I doubt they'd draw we'll now.  The powers that be still think Hartford will show up for exhibition games but they don't. 

I would go to preseason Isles at Bport but I can't see a lot of people north of Wallingford being interested.

if we get a group together I'm in though 

I have seen posts on the Wolf Pack's page about how a bunch of their fans have already bought a tons of ticket for the preseason game.

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 0:54 PM, canadawhale said:

I don't think that was ever brought up, more just poking the Rangers for not doing that when the Isles do (or something idk)

They did have preseason games in Hartford, but then they signed a deal with New York City that says all of their home games have to be played at MSG. That's why when they had the two outdoor games at Yankee Stadium they were the away team. Even this year they will be playing against the Sabres at Citi Field and they will be the away team again.

59 minutes ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

I have seen posts on the Wolf Pack's page about how a bunch of their fans have already bought a tons of ticket for the preseason game.

They did have preseason games in Hartford, but then they signed a deal with New York City that says all of their home games have to be played at MSG. That's why when they had the two outdoor games at Yankee Stadium they were the away team. Even this year they will be playing against the Sabres at Citi Field and they will be the away team again.

This sounds exactly like Biggie ive seen him post this before. 

It's in Ct so I hope it sells well

19 minutes ago, Whalevolution said:

This sounds exactly like Biggie ive seen him post this before. 

It's in Ct so I hope it sells well

Well, those are the facts. Why would they be the away team for games in NYC is that wasn't true? I think it will sell well considering that there's a lot of Islanders fans in that area, and people will go down that are Pack fans. I have a buddy from work that lives in Windsor that bought tickets for his family. I don't know if I'll go, but I might.

We went to the Islanders/Capitals game in Bridgeport last year. It was basically an AHL game with the players wearing NHL uniforms. I didn't know what to expect for an early pre-season game, but I was hoping for a little more than that. Calling it the NHL's return to Connecticut was beyond a stretch.