TimmyFromBoosters

Boston.com: Hartford Yard Goats unveil Whalers throwback jerseys

121 posts in this topic

Awww he had nothing to say so he made **n of me.. byeeeeee and let's go whalers.. hartfords and Connecticuts team

Hartford's "real team" filled DDP 3 more times over the weekend and are now averaging over 5,000/game, pretty good considering it will be another 2 weeks before the kids get out of school. 

Nobody cares about the WolfPuke.

9 hours ago, canadawhale said:

Then why did everyone chant "let's go whalers" and booed the Rangers 9 years later? hm?

I would get your point if it was an actual Failers vs Rangers game but it wasn't. It was nothing more than a pregame ceremony to appease the crybaby Failers fans at the time:lol:

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, jerseydiehardwhaler said:

Awww he had nothing to say so he made **n of me.. byeeeeee and let's go whalers.. hartfords and Connecticuts team

Obviously I had to say something if I made **n of you. LOL

1 person likes this

39 minutes ago, MarkH2919 said:

Hartford's "real team" filled DDP 3 more times over the weekend and are now averaging over 5,000/game, pretty good considering it will be another 2 weeks before the kids get out of school. 

Nobody cares about the WolfPuke.

Ah yes, you must be referring to that AA baseball team that keeps reinforcing the fact that Hartford is strictly a minor league city now. What happened to the "Hartford being a major league city" mentality?:P

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, HWP1997 said:

Ah yes, you must be referring to that AA baseball team that keeps reinforcing the fact that Hartford is strictly a minor league city now. What happened to the "Hartford being a major league city" mentality?:P

Because the puke is sooo much better at not reinforcing that

Actually, it proves what people here have been saying for a long time now...if you promote a minor league team properly, connect the past with the present, and have the affiliate be completely neutral...the crowds will come.

The Goats are 3rd in the Eastern League in attendance, and 7th out of 30 teams at the AA level of minor league baseball.  In fact, it sure looks like they're going to challenge the attendance record the franchise set in New Britain back in 2010.

And before you get your panties in a bunch, this is not meant to take a shot at New Britain, or the loyal fans the Red Sox/Rock Cats had.  It's just stating facts.  And the facts are the Yard Goats are drawing extremely well, better than anyone expected, even the Yard Goats themselves.

The Yard Goats seem like they're doing a pretty good job so far. Hope**lly they're still doing good at or around this level after a few seasons once the newness wears off

2 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

And before you get your panties in a bunch, this is not meant to take a shot at New Britain, or the loyal fans the Red Sox/Rock Cats had.  It's just stating facts.  And the facts are the Yard Goats are drawing extremely well, better than anyone expected, even the Yard Goats themselves.

No offense taken. I know you're just presenting the facts. There's only one person I can think of who would take cheap shots at New Britain for no apparent reason and it's not you.

3 hours ago, canadawhale said:

Because the puke is sooo much better at not reinforcing that

20 years strong!:lol:

20 years strong of Connecticut paying the bill.. but that will end soon byeee..

Captain makes a fair point.  IMO, as long as they competitive price-wise, they should be fine.  Don't mess with the $5 parking, don't mess with the concession prices, etc.  Keep it affordable for families, and they'll do well.

25 minutes ago, MarkH2919 said:

Captain makes a fair point.  IMO, as long as they competitive price-wise, they should be fine.  Don't mess with the $5 parking, don't mess with the concession prices, etc.  Keep it affordable for families, and they'll do well.

Exactly. It's minor league baseball. Families are always going to be the main target for these teams. I understand that there must be a lot of overhead in running a team but if they can keep the cost to the consumer low things will be great

It's interesting what the Yard Goats have accomplished in two months that the Wolf Pack have failed to do in 20 years.

It's called understanding the fan base and not trying to take over the city and state 

1 hour ago, Mr. Br***** Bonanza said:

It's interesting what the Yard Goats have accomplished in two months that the Wolf Pack have failed to do in 20 years.

What exactly is that? Is sure as **** isn't winning a championship. And I do believe the Pack's attendance between 1997-2000 wasn't too shabby either.

30 minutes ago, HWP1997 said:

What exactly is that? Is sure as **** isn't winning a championship. And I do believe the Pack's attendance between 1997-2000 wasn't too shabby either.

You're smart. Figure it out.

15 minutes ago, Mr. Br***** Bonanza said:

You're smart. Figure it out.

You would have provided us with an answer if you knew but something tells me you don't. :lol:

Why is it that whenever a Packrat gets backed into a corner, they start throwing around winning the Calder Cup.  Minor league Championships mean nothing, regardless of sport. 

97-2000 was good because people still cared and loved hockey, hoping the rangers would really help bringing the NHL back like they said they would.. than the whaler fans realized what was happening as msg was trying to plant here seed, and guess what it didn't work and that's what you have now, garbage.. and it's time to get the trash out.. congrats on the cup, it's meaningless, to most people..you saw signs of brilliance along the way on whaler nights and agin when Baldwin took over, and guess what, they screwed him to.. if he had the **nds he would have succeded big time, but his good friends at msg left him to dry to, just like they did to Hartford..

All of the above is true, but the AHL was a different league back then.  The early Pack teams had former Whalers on them...Jason Muzzatti was one...the WolfPack made it a point to have a CT guy or two on the team also...Todd Hall, for example, was from Hamden.

Once the league went **lly developmental...they lost the interest of the majority of Whalers fans...it didn't help that MSG did anything and everything possible to make people forget the Whalers...and then, just to throw fans a bone, they did the remembrance night in 2006...and boom, 12,000+ show up.

It could have been different...truth be told...it SHOULD have been different...but the Rangers were too stubborn/too stupid to notice.

5 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

Why is it that whenever a Packrat gets backed into a corner, they start throwing around winning the Calder Cup.  Minor league Championships mean nothing, regardless of sport. 

At least it was a championship of some magnitude. The Failers were lucky if they ever made it to the playoffs. 

You say minor league championships mean nothing but I bet you'll change your tune if the AA Failers.....I mean **** Goats won a championship:lol:

This constant bickering back and forth is getting old. Instead of looking for reasons to hate the Wolf Pack or the Yard Goats try and enjoy what you got

"You say minor league championships mean nothing but I bet you'll change your tune if the AA Failers.....I mean **** Goats won a championship"

Pretty sure I won't, clown.  Minor league championships mean nothing, regardless of team, regardless of sport.