TimmyFromBoosters

Boston.com: Hartford Yard Goats unveil Whalers throwback jerseys

121 posts in this topic

Why would a Wolf Pack fan hate the Yard Goats? I mean, unless the person didn't like baseball. I've been to five games and they were all sell outs. It's awesome.

9 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

"You say minor league championships mean nothing but I bet you'll change your tune if the AA Failers.....I mean **** Goats won a championship"

Pretty sure I won't, clown.  Minor league championships mean nothing, regardless of team, regardless of sport.

:lol::lol::lol:

1 hour ago, Mr. Br***** Bonanza said:

Why would a Wolf Pack fan hate the Yard Goats? I mean, unless the person didn't like baseball. I've been to five games and they were all sell outs. It's awesome.

I can't speak for other WP fans, but I support New Britain.

"I can't speak for other WP fans"

That's never stopped you before...

1 hour ago, MarkH2919 said:

"I can't speak for other WP fans"

That's never stopped you before...

I say that because I know some who support just the Bees, some who support just the Goats, and I even know some who support both. 

It's stunning, but you missed the point.  :o

I indeed support both. The fact they are independent/neutral teams is appealing. 

Nothing wrong with supporting both.  In fact, I'd guess most people do support both.  The only ones that don't are bitter about the way they left New Britain. 

There's nothing wrong with supporting one or both. Whatever floats your boat.

2 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

It's stunning, but you missed the point.  :o

No, I got your point. It's unrealistic for one person to speak on the "behalf" of every WP fan out there. I can only speak for myself.

23 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

"You say minor league championships mean nothing but I bet you'll change your tune if the AA Failers.....I mean **** Goats won a championship"

Pretty sure I won't, clown.  Minor league championships mean nothing, regardless of team, regardless of sport.

That may be the most idiotic thing you've ever said.

A minor league championship signifies that the **ture is bright for that franchise. Norfolk 2012, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2013, Lake Erie 2016. 

How many players on those rosters are now stars in the big time?

SWB Rail Riders won AAA National championship last season, the Yankees now have the best farm system in the MLB.

it also bring p*****ion and joy to the city that won it, look at Cleveland selling out the Q for a Calder Cup final game. They're first hockey title in decades. 

It means even more for the smaller cities.

You wouldn't understand this because you're so ****bent on your Anti-Pack life and stubborn about the NHL coming back.

You're too dumb for words.

Which means more?  The Monsters Calder Cup, or the Cavs winning the NBA title?

Norfolk won the Calder Cup in 2012...please tell me how that has led to Anaheim winning a Stanley Cup?  As for your other dumb ones...The Flyers haven't won a Cup since the 1970s, The Wings didn't even make the playoffs this year, and Columbus was one and done this year.

I'll say it again...minor league championships mean nothing.  Tell me, dumba$$, how did the WolfPack's Calder Cup of 2000 fare with the Rangers?  Please share with us all the Stanley Cups the 2000 WolfPack led the Rangers to........

27 minutes ago, KarmanosIsGod said:

That may be the most idiotic thing you've ever said.

A minor league championship signifies that the **ture is bright for that franchise. Norfolk 2012, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2013, Lake Erie 2016. 

How many players on those rosters are now stars in the big time?

SWB Rail Riders won AAA National championship last season, the Yankees now have the best farm system in the MLB.

it also bring p*****ion and joy to the city that won it, look at Cleveland selling out the Q for a Calder Cup final game. They're first hockey title in decades. 

It means even more for the smaller cities.

You wouldn't understand this because you're so ****bent on your Anti-Pack life and stubborn about the NHL coming back.

Well put. I want the NHL to come back as much as the next man, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't enjoy what we have right now. Looking for reason's to be negative is just a waste of time.

Posted (edited)

For you Packrats out there, I'll just offer this up as a reminder...when the WolfPack won the Calder Cup in 2000, their "victory celebration" consisted of a 30-40 minute rally inside the XL Center coliseum...which by the way was already booked because that would have been the night of game 7.  And there wasn't more than say...1500 people in the building, they put everybody on one side of the arena and closed off the rest.  Shows you how much Hartford cared about it.

Edited by MarkH2919
adding info

I'm not saying we shouldn't enjoy what we have...I'm saying minor league championships mean nothing.  Whether we enjoy what we have or not doesn't change my stance.

Speaking of championships......

Too bad the Failers couldn't have pulled this off while they were here.:P

LB8P5125-600x400 (1).jpg

I guess Mark might be a bit right. After seeing this picture and knowing the current situation with the Hurricanes, some championships are meaningless

it means something to the cities that actually care about the team.

Saying all minor league championships are meaningless, because a place like Hershey totally doesn't care.

They could easily support a NHL franchise.

Once again, Greg's cluelessness comes shining through.  I like the Hurricanes, dummy. 

You're not going to change my stance, PonytailPete. 

Even in Hershey, unless you're a diehard fan, you don't give two craps about whether they win a championship or not.  You care about going to the game, enjoying yourself by having something to eat and a couple of beers, then head home. 

That's minor league sports EVERYWHERE.  Including Hershey.

KarmanosIsADope thinks that every minor league championship results in a parade like at the end of SlapShot.  That's simply not the case. 

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, MarkH2919 said:

Once again, Greg's cluelessness comes shining through.  I like the Hurricanes, dummy. 

OK and? I don't remember mentioning you in that post.

Everything can't be all about you.:lol:

At the end of the day, who cares. We're all individuals. If a minor league championship means something to you, great. If not, oh well.

44 minutes ago, MarkH2919 said:

KarmanosIsADope thinks that every minor league championship results in a parade like at the end of SlapShot.  That's simply not the case. 

But a meaningless division title results in a parade, right?

A division title at the major league level means more than a minor league championship.

1 person likes this