TimmyFromBoosters

Boston.com: Hartford Yard Goats unveil Whalers throwback jerseys

121 posts in this topic

I have tried ignoring them.  Tried for months at a time.  It didn't work.  I even took a 2-3 year sabbatical, hoping they'd be gone when I returned....guess what?  They were still here.  And they're still here now.

Posted (edited)

Chad, the trolls aren't going anywhere. So ignoring them doesn't help.

How would you know if it doesn't help? You don't ignore them so you have no way of knowing if it helps or not. You respond to the trolls over and over and over and over again. You engage with the trolls over and over and over and over again. If you just can't control yourself from responding to them, then you set up your account on this board so that first hand you would never have to see what people you think are trolls are writing. You can do that. Their posts just won't appear to you. But you don't want to do that because you are too interested in getting in the last word and "winning" the flame war with them. But like every derailed thread on this board proves, NOBODY wins a flame war with trolls. We all end up losing.

The way to stop the trolls is for the Courant to get a hold of their IP address and ban them. But they're too lazy, or just don't care.

Probably a little bit of both of those things. PLUS  they look at certain people going back and forth and back and forth and back and forth with trolls and end up figuring that we deserve what we get out here because we won't ignore the trolls. The Courant isn't going to hold our hands and babysit us when they have already given us a way to set up our accounts to ignore the trolls.

So we're stuck with them.

Not if we have some self control. 

Edited by WhalerChad

I have tried ignoring them.  Tried for months at a time.  It didn't work.  I even took a 2-3 year sabbatical, hoping they'd be gone when I returned....guess what?  They were still here.  And they're still here now.

I just don't let trolls on message boards I go to get to me. I don't give them satisfaction of getting what they want, which is to disrupt and derail threads and boards.  

3 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

2-3 years....when was that?¬¬

Your "sabbaticals" usually last anywhere from just a few days to maybe a few weeks before your back here doing what you do best.

1 person likes this

From oh...2013 to about 2015.  Look it up.

On 6/7/2017 at 7:45 PM, HWP1997 said:

Says the kid who just got done lecturing me on "name calling".....O.o

Capture.JPG

Yes, I did. This is a Whalers fan forum, not  a Wolfpack forum. If it was a Wolfpack forum, us Whalers fans would start a forum for the Whalers, not troll in a forum where we aren't welcomed. If we were trolling a Wolfpack forum we would not be as rude as you Wolfpack fans are here.

On 6/8/2017 at 7:14 AM, Peter Karmanos said:

:D

fat-nerd-1200x675.jpg

Wow Peter, after 2 posts (unless you were trolling under another name), I can see you are a jerk...

I KNOW WHO YOU ARE

Marky, looked like Grand Rapids will be celebrating their 'Minor League Championship"

Seems they care. Just because your fat a** doesn't, doesn't mean other can't.

Yours truly, KJ

So lame...these "guests" should be banned permanently.

I agree Mark this new feature makes it so easy for them to troll. this feature needs to go!!!

I WILL BUILD A WALL ON THIS PAGE AND MAKE EVERYONE HERE PAY FOR IT!!!! 

Guest are even more immature than some Wolf fans on here. They are **nny, thou...

Took in my first Yard Goats game tonight. The Dunk is amazing. It's really a great place. For once, Hartford, despite the long to get there, has something to really be proud of. I was opposed to the move from New Britain but after being there tonight, want to admit that I was wrong and the move was a great idea. 

1 hour ago, jimmytheidiotboy said:

Took in my first Yard Goats game tonight. The Dunk is amazing. It's really a great place. For once, Hartford, despite the long to get there, has something to really be proud of. I was opposed to the move from New Britain but after being there tonight, want to admit that I was wrong and the move was a great idea. 

There was a lot of controversy with that move. Solomon could have gone about it a whole different way without pi$$ing off the city and the fans. But having secret talks with Hartford city officials months after telling the Courant "we're absolutely committed to New Britain" was his preference. And because of that, I re**se to support him and his **** Goats. My money is better spent supporting the Bees.

Jimmy is correct, the ballpark is fantastic.  At the end of the day, this move, like all other franchise moves, is about money, and as nice as NB Stadium is...it's not the Dunk.   You look at the crowds...and you consider they're averaging over 5200/game with school just getting out, and it's hard to dispute the move hasn't been a tremendous success.  Bottom line...the franchise is likely to make more money in Hartford then they could ever make in New Britain. 

39 minutes ago, MarkH2919 said:

Jimmy is correct, the ballpark is fantastic.  At the end of the day, this move, like all other franchise moves, is about money, and as nice as NB Stadium is...it's not the Dunk.   You look at the crowds...and you consider they're averaging over 5200/game with school just getting out, and it's hard to dispute the move hasn't been a tremendous success.  Bottom line...the franchise is likely to make more money in Hartford then they could ever make in New Britain. 

I completely agree, but it still doesn't make it any less of a s*****bag move the way it all happened. 

Nobody is disputing that it could have...and should have been handled differently.

4 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

Exactly Mark. I was so opposed to it, but after taking in the game last night which was near capacity, I went home and salt and peppered my feet and swallowed them whole. The Dunk makes New Britain Stadium look really dated and farcical in comparison. This new park is the gold standard for minor league stadiums much like New Britain's was nearly 25 years ago. I made a bad judgment call and I stand by it. The Yard Goats will work and I, for one, am super impressed.