Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HartfordHomeOfTheWhalers

Stanley Cup Final

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Pittsburgh, perhaps the luckiest NHL team of all time (Tanking for Mario, who later saved them from moving; having a Bruins goalie/Whalers GM giving them Francis & Samuelsson before becoming their head coach, then winning the lottery for Crosby) is about to be tied with Nashville. A team featuring two-time Hartford Whaler Carey Wilson's son, Colin. You've just gotta root for Nashville.

Edited by HartfordHomeOfTheWhalers

I still was rooting for Pittsburgh. Ulf and Ron got their rings there. I am still happy they got the chance to win rings. 

Frank Pietrangelo played his guts out for the Whale and was loved for the Save in Pittsburgh.  Another connection. 

Bonino and Hainsey are as Ct as Hartford Hockey gets. 

But I wouldnt have minded at all if Nashville won, I was hoping def hoping for a game seven.

The Baldwins still look fondly on their time in Pittsburgh and recently Howard Sr was honored there. 

The only real evil teams to Hartford are Boston and NYR

Evo: "The only real evil teams to Hartford are Boston and NYR."

I agree with that. (Though I know others disagree, in my personal opinion I hope Carolina never wins another game) 

I'm saying they're the luckiest NHL team I've ever seen. And that EJ trade followed by his hiring as Pens coach will always stick in my craw. Dineen once openly questioned it, too.

To me, the Pens have won enough. Nashville would've been a great story, & they were absolutely squroowed over in Game 6. On the other hand...

That Jean-Claude van Darn movie was better than I thought it would be.

I wouldn't be surprised if they won again.  Bad or Good Calls included.  They just seem to be operating on all cylinders now.

Nashville was a **n team to watch, especially with P.K. On the team. 

The good P.K.

Can't wait for the season, and the Lightning will be in the playoffs....