brettg1313

Xl center Private **nding responses due tomorrow

17 posts in this topic

Fingers crossed that some private investors step up with big $$$ to invest in renovating XL Center. 

4 hours ago, WhalerChad said:

Fingers crossed that some private investors step up with big $$$ to invest in renovating XL Center. 

Pleaseeee

nope not yet,checked the CRDA website late Friday and nothing was posted

It's been almost a week and there's still no update on the "potential investors" of the XL Center. What else is new. This reminds me a lot of when the Baldwins and Malloy said that there were people that wanted to by a NHL team and bring it here. That was years ago and we still haven't heard anything about that.

2 minutes ago, Guest NHL never coming said:

It's been almost a week and there's still no update on the "potential investors" of the XL Center. What else is new. This reminds me a lot of when the Baldwins and Malloy said that there were people that wanted to by a NHL team and bring it here. That was years ago and we still haven't heard anything about that.

How dare you talk negatively about Hartford and my Failers! If you keep talking ****, me and my neo nazi buddies will threaten to show up to your house but not really do it on account we're pansy @$$ b*tches^_^

has anyone heard anything about the private f u n d I n g? I saw it was on the CRDA meeting agenda for this past Thursday night

This is like the biggest untold story right now?

did they get any proposals or did they not?

if they did why don't we know what they are?

3 hours ago, Whalevolution said:

This is like the biggest untold story right now?

did they get any proposals or did they not?

if they did why don't we know what they are?

It probably means there is no **nding, though maybe it might mean there are investors the can't reveal?

1 minute ago, Whalevolution said:

Since they made the date public it seems like they wanted it to be public?

Yeah, seems like probably something they can't reveal

28 minutes ago, canadawhale said:

Yeah, seems like probably something they can't reveal

I'd have to look again.  It was due June 9 but don't think it referred to any reveal 

Just now, Whalevolution said:

I'd have to look again.  It was due June 9 but don't think it referred to any reveal 

They probably made an agreement or something to not reveal anything for the **nding, and so didn't say anything.

Or I'm just entirely wrong and there's no **nding aside from the state lol

If there was any more money going into the XL Center I doubt they'd keep it quiet. There would also be rumors about who and how much money was put up. There was talk about the companies that would invest money into the city before that was announced. It just doesn't seem like the investments are coming. Especially when you look at all the money that's being thrown at Storrs and UConn.

I wouldn't release it either it really doesn't matter until we know if the budget p*****ed with the XL money which is 75m this year

1 hour ago, Whalevolution said:

I wouldn't release it either it really doesn't matter until we know if the budget p*****ed with the XL money which is 75m this year

Yeah, so far they're only getting $75m for the next two years. If the rest isn't approved then the chances of us getting a team back will get farther and farther away. It's already pretty far away as it is now.