5 minutes ago, canadawhale said:

My biggest problem is the fact that they're a Rangers affiliate.

If they found a more neutral NHL affiliate the Pack would probably draw in many more fans.

I don't even know why NYR hasn't moved the team yet.

They like it here. I was shocked that they didn't leave after what happened with the Whale. I thought they were gone as soon as the contract was up. I think there are options for them closer to the city but they don't seem to want to exercise them. You'd have to ask them. It also sounds like they might be staying after this current contact is done considering they made Chris Drury the GM of the team.

1 minute ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

They like it here. I was shocked that they didn't leave after what happened with the Whale. I thought they were gone as soon as the contract was up. I think there are options for them closer to the city but they don't seem to want to exercise them. You'd have to ask them. It also sounds like they might be staying after this current contact is done considering they made Chris Drury the GM of the team.

I guess so, I just don't see the appeal in putting the affiliate team in the middle of enemy territory--of 2 teams...

12 minutes ago, canadawhale said:

I guess so, I just don't see the appeal in putting the affiliate team in the middle of enemy territory--of 2 teams...

Middle of enemy territory? I know ton of Rangers fans that live in and around Hartford. If you look at the fandom maps the NHL and other sites post they have CT in Rangers territory. So, it does make sense why they moved here in the first place. They also seem happy to be in Hartford because every time there's talk of them leaving or looking at other cities, they deny them right away.

6 hours ago, canadawhale said:

That's been the argument for over 20 years.  It really comes down to convienience, it's easy for the Rangers to be here and they'd only leave if forced or if Bport becomes available. 

in the AHL it doesn't seem to matter if your home market is disinterested. Although we sort of only see it here.

7 hours ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

They were gone after the Whale thing but Spectra and the State  made sure they stayed.  Actually the Rangers sort of had the upper hand on who was going to manage XL. They didn't want to work with AEG so they were done.  And right**lly so AEG was terrible for Hockey.

and they didn't want to work with the Bushnel Group, remember it was something about being managed by a former MSG employee who was with Bushnel Group.  Plus Bushnel Group wasn't rolling in Money.

but Spectra has been great and was the Booster Club's choice and the state's too. 

MSG was right about the prospective managers, something pretty much all Hartford Hockey agreed on that.

7 hours ago, canadawhale said:

I gave up trying to respond, and I used to think Pete was reasonable, then I actually paid attention

Please show me where I was unreasonable to you?  Wow, I guess I used to think you were reasonable, that changed right here. 

10 hours ago, TeenWhalersFan said:

True, if you are a Whalers and Wolfpack fan, I'll give you credit. I think both could be on here, but with the name calling - and yes, I'm at fault, too - we need to stop the name calling. I'll stop the name calling, if people stop calling the Whalers Failers. I'm going to stop calling the Wolfpack names if the Wolfpack fans here stop the name calling. OK? Sorry...I hope I won't name call anymore...

To this day I'm still the only guy who attends Wolf Pack games, talks about the team's perspective and issues during the season and also works on bringing back the NHL to make Hartford a major league city.  

No one else.....   that's pretty far from "unreasonable"

On 6/23/2017 at 1:06 PM, HWP1997 said:

That would be me......ex-member of the Failers Booster Club and current Wolf Pack fan. Marky loves to brag how got me "banned" me from that club. But he always fails to mention that my "banishment" became official months after I stopped going to meetings and not renewing my membership. I guess people will do or say anything just look important.

Greg's the only guy to be banned there was another, Bruce Gold, but if you know him he is not well.

On 6/20/2017 at 1:39 PM, HWP1997 said:

I hate to break that heart of yours big boy but it ain't me. You do realize I'm not the only one who trolls this board, right?:lol:

Yes does he really think we don't know he is running every fake Wolf Pack member

account.   Puhhhleeeaaase! 

3 hours ago, Whalevolution said:

Please show me where I was unreasonable to you?  Wow, I guess I used to think you were reasonable, that changed right here. 

This kind of thing is what leads me to believe that you are being unreasonable

\/ \/

Yes does he really think we don't know he is running every fake Wolf Pack member

account.   Puhhhleeeaaase! 

• Like 1

Ahhh, ok 

let me explain.  I can see several members here with interesting names and they're all coming from the same computers.  So may sound unreasonable but it's true that Greg has created multiple  member registrations.  

I think even he has admitted this, not like that was a case cracker or anything. His attacks are always personal with same buzz words.

1 hour ago, Whalevolution said:

Ahhh, ok 

let me explain.  I can see several members here with interesting names and they're all coming from the same computers.  So may sound unreasonable but it's true that Greg has created multiple  member registrations.  

I think even he has admitted this, not like that was a case cracker or anything. His attacks are always personal with same buzz words.

Honestly, I seriously doubt he's "the only one" because I've seen posts from the guests and now these other accounts that happen at the same time in different forums or one after another in topics. From what you're saying, if they are all from the same IP, he would have to either be super fast to be able to sign in and out faster than a computer will allow or he made it so he can have multiple computers using the same IP. I just don't see how that's possible.

1 hour ago, Whalevolution said:

think even he has admitted this, not like that was a case cracker or anything. His attacks are always personal with same buzz words.

I admitted to a hand**l of them, not all of them.

6 hours ago, Whalevolution said:

Greg's the only guy to be banned there was another, Bruce Gold, but if you know him he is not well.

Yep, getting me "banned" from a cult I want nothing to do with sure boosted your egos huh? lol

11 minutes ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

Honestly, I seriously doubt he's "the only one" because I've seen posts from the guests and now these other accounts that happen at the same time in different forums or one after another in topics. From what you're saying, if they are all from the same IP, he would have to either be super fast to be able to sign in and out faster than a computer will allow or he made it so he can have multiple computers using the same IP. I just don't see how that's possible.

I like to think it's a personal thing also. It's no secret Failers fans on here don't like me nor do I really care. So it makes sense they'd be quick to point the finger at me and say I was the only one.

Edited by HWP1997

48 minutes ago, HWP1997 said:

I like to think it's a personal thing also. It's no secret Failers fans on here don't like me nor do I really care. So it makes sense they'd be quick to point the finger at me and say I was the only one.

After what I've read I can see why they choose you as the mastermind of all of these attacks. I just don't see how you could posts from multiple accounts one after another. There just has to be more than one person "trolling" the board.

Just now, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

After what I've read I can see why they choose you as the mastermind of all of these attacks. I just don't see how you could posts from multiple accounts one after another. There just has to be more than one person "trolling" the board.

I honestly don't care. It's amusing to see Pete and Mark get so worked up over it. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

They're are others But we've been lucky enough to avoid them thus far

3 hours ago, HWP1997 said:

I honestly don't care. It's amusing to see Pete and Mark get so worked up over it. 

This is mostly why I ignore the trolls. Because even if they are you, I really don't care, and focus my time on actually discussing things on the board (and yes the trolls can be quite amusing to watch)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

Yeah, I don't know what happened with him but he's not the same guy that tried to stay neutral on things.

That's what I'm trying to say but it seems like the Whalers fans on here just want to see the Pack destroyed even if it means Hartford is left with nothing.

That's what's **nny, I haven't changed at all. Again, I'm the only media guy who goes consistently to all Hartford Hockey Events.

Pack

Uconn 

and any Whaler event. 

I've seen other people on this board change and change a lot. 

No one more neutral than I but I have my opinions, not asking you guys to like them though.

HWP, I do have an honest question for you. If the NHL did move a team to Hartford, would you support the team? What I hear is that the Rangers didn't care about Hartford's hockey history. According to my dad, he heard that the 91 club plaque is gone. My granddad and my dad was a member.If it is missing, why? I believe if Hartford was the AHL team for Minnesota, Tampa Bay or Columbus, I believe it would be a unified fan base.

51 minutes ago, TeenWhalersFan said:

HWP, I do have an honest question for you. If the NHL did move a team to Hartford, would you support the team? What I hear is that the Rangers didn't care about Hartford's hockey history. According to my dad, he heard that the 91 club plaque is gone. My granddad and my dad was a member.If it is missing, why? I believe if Hartford was the AHL team for Minnesota, Tampa Bay or Columbus, I believe it would be a unified fan base.

I'll support any existing professional team that calls Hartford home. Before the usual suspects call me out, I won't deny I got caught up in the whole Failers craze after the Pack got re-branded 7 years ago. Long story short, I realized it's not worth my time or energy to obsess over a team that just isn't there anymore. 

As for the plaque, I don't know. Maybe someone out there is holding on to it?

Edited by HWP1997

4 hours ago, TeenWhalersFan said:

It may be gone but I don't know if MSG did that or Northland, they still own the Atrium where it was displayed. But MSG ran the building until 2007

All of that stuff was in the building before Northland took over. When they got rid of the mall they said they'd reinstall all of the plaques when they were finished. Everyone keeps along where all of that was and I heard even the Baldwins asked for them as well. Then one day they were put back up. I think it was after the Baldwins were fired but I can't remember. I doubt MSG had anything to do with it since they weren't in change of anything other then the team after 2007.