Whalevolution

Whistle Br***** Bonanza while you work

104 posts in this topic

51 minutes ago, TeenWhalersFan said:

HWP, I do have an honest question for you. If the NHL did move a team to Hartford, would you support the team? What I hear is that the Rangers didn't care about Hartford's hockey history. According to my dad, he heard that the 91 club plaque is gone. My granddad and my dad was a member.If it is missing, why? I believe if Hartford was the AHL team for Minnesota, Tampa Bay or Columbus, I believe it would be a unified fan base.

I'll support any existing professional team that calls Hartford home. Before the usual suspects call me out, I won't deny I got caught up in the whole Failers craze after the Pack got re-branded 7 years ago. Long story short, I realized it's not worth my time or energy to obsess over a team that just isn't there anymore. 

As for the plaque, I don't know. Maybe someone out there is holding on to it?

Edited by HWP1997

4 hours ago, TeenWhalersFan said:

HWP, I do have an honest question for you. If the NHL did move a team to Hartford, would you support the team? What I hear is that the Rangers didn't care about Hartford's hockey history. According to my dad, he heard that the 91 club plaque is gone. My granddad and my dad was a member.If it is missing, why? I believe if Hartford was the AHL team for Minnesota, Tampa Bay or Columbus, I believe it would be a unified fan base.

3 hours ago, Whalevolution said:

It may be gone but I don't know if MSG did that or Northland, they still own the Atrium where it was displayed. But MSG ran the building until 2007

All of that stuff was in the building before Northland took over. When they got rid of the mall they said they'd reinstall all of the plaques when they were finished. Everyone keeps along where all of that was and I heard even the Baldwins asked for them as well. Then one day they were put back up. I think it was after the Baldwins were fired but I can't remember. I doubt MSG had anything to do with it since they weren't in change of anything other then the team after 2007.

One other thing, Teen, if MSG didn't care about Hartford Hockey History then why have they held multiple Whalers centered events, brought in former Whalers players to honor them, and they even let the Baldwins manage the team and change their name to the Whale with blue and green as their colors? I'm sorry but if they didn't care at least a little bit about the history then none of that would have happened. You can say it was just to make money but they could have just honored Rangers players and their own history to probably make even more money.

2 hours ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

One other thing, Teen, if MSG didn't care about Hartford Hockey History then why have they held multiple Whalers centered events, brought in former Whalers players to honor them, and they even let the Baldwins manage the team and change their name to the Whale with blue and green as their colors? I'm sorry but if they didn't care at least a little bit about the history then none of that would have happened. You can say it was just to make money but they could have just honored Rangers players and their own history to probably make even more money.

MSG did that once in 2006, it was a top three all time Wolf Pack attended game. 

The last several Whaler nights were down by the Flyers Comcast Spectra people. 

MSG doesn't care about Hartford Hockey but I'm not surprised. I never expected them too.