Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Whalevolution

License Plates put an exclamation in Whaler Nation

11 posts in this topic

Ok so what's your guess?  How many plates get sold?

Any idea how long before a design is picked and will there be any sort of voting?

On 6/15/2017 at 3:11 PM, littlerob904 said:

Any idea how long before a design is picked and will there be any sort of voting?

I was wondering the same thing. They all look good.

I can't wait to see them.. mr bb do you think I can get one plain no numbers on it ..

13 hours ago, jerseydiehardwhaler said:

I can't wait to see them.. mr bb do you think I can get one plain no numbers on it ..

My dad doesn't think you can, jerseydiehardwhaler. He says Ct laws about license plates say that Ct Dmv commissioner can issue license plate with SAMPLE written on it. But he says that a SAMPLE plate can't be put on motor vehicle and can't be used as official registration. And he says he doesn't know how many SAMPLE plates can be made or even if Dmv commissioner will agree to make SAMPLE plates for people.

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, jerseydiehardwhaler said:

Oh I don't want it to put it on, just a souvenir 

My dad says that state of Ct is not going to sell authentic Ct DMV Whalers vehicle license plates blank because then someone could order a blank license plate and imprint it with what looks like a real license plate number and use it for illegal purposes. State of Ct making blank authentic Ct Dmv Whalers vehicle license plates available would be asking for trouble. Making any blank authentic Ct DMV license plates available would be asking for trouble.   

Edited by WhalerChad

On 6/15/2017 at 3:11 PM, littlerob904 said:

No info is slow and very i detailed.  

But well keep keep trying to find out

On 6/17/2017 at 9:10 PM, WhalerChad said:

My dad says that state of Ct is not going to sell authentic Ct DMV Whalers vehicle license plates blank because then someone could order a blank license plate and imprint it with what looks like a real license plate number and use it for illegal purposes. State of Ct making blank authentic Ct Dmv Whalers vehicle license plates available would be asking for trouble. Making any blank authentic Ct DMV license plates available would be asking for trouble.   

This wasn't an issue with authentic Red Sox plates or authentic Penn State Alumni plates.  Or a problem with any of the 50 plus plates.  

As Yoda said; "Always with you what cannot be done."