Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Whalevolution

This 7 county area makes Hartford the 20th largest market in US

7 posts in this topic

New England's Knowledge Corridor 

https://www.facebook.com/WhalersBrigade/posts/810346459130130

This area makes the population 2.3M with its biggest city Hartford.  The NHL has to be aware of this too and maybe why they've poked around the last few years. 

Thus area goes from making us like Buffalo and Raliegh to comparable with cities like Denver and St. Louis. 

Its measurably better

So, we need to combine an almost 500 square mile area just to be bigger than a few "professional" cities. Honestly, that isn't something to be proud of and I doubt people from Brattleboro, VT and Amherst, MA are going to be willing to help us out for any reason.

Try clicking the website and you'll see they already have agreed to it.  It's a bi-state initiative. 

You should do more research :D

I read it but it's an educational, economic, cultural, and civic partnership to boost the area and help the people. That doesn't mean there going to throw millions at Hartford to get a NHL team. If they do then they're not that knowledgeable. They're more concerned with people, education, and jobs. I'm sorry, I'd love to see the Whalers come back but they're not the ones that are going to do all of this. If they were then they would have been working on all of this as soon as the Whalers left.

I never said they would throw money. But believe me the NHL is well aware.

its statistical and like it or not it's an untapped market. No major league tenant.  And believe me this org wants an NHL team for the area it helps keep talent local which is a huge problem.

True, I'm not sure why you said that people won't, but when I go to a Lightning game... I see people from Orlando, Ft Meyers, Sarasota, Sebring, Lakeland and other places. Some are as far as Brattleboro, VT is to Hartford.  The Knowledge Corridor will help Hartford. 

1 person likes this

We had a BOD member on the show. 

you can't say I don't know what I am talking about listen to this guys points on KC