Sign in to follow this  
WhalerCentral

Friday the 13th, April 13, 2018, last Wolf Pack game in Hartford ever

Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, jerseydiehardwhaler said:

Hmmmm well Detroit was in bankruptcy and built a new one, here we are in the red but they have built an arena and stadium.. 

Yes, Detroit is getting an $863 million arena complex, but they're not paying for all of it. Olympia is putting up $539 million, the Pistons and Red Wings are also putting money into the arena as well as other money from colleges and other businesses. Also, Detroit has one thing Hartford doesn't, a NHL team. Maybe if still had that then the XL Center would have been upgraded or replaced years ago, but that hasn't happened.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, jerseydiehardwhaler said:

Hmmmm well Detroit was in bankruptcy and built a new one, here we are in the red but they have built an arena and stadium.. 

Hartford isn't Detroit...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

Yes, Detroit is getting an $863 million arena complex, but they're not paying for all of it. Olympia is putting up $539 million, the Pistons and Red Wings are also putting money into the arena as well as other money from colleges and other businesses. Also, Detroit has one thing Hartford doesn't, a NHL team. Maybe if still had that then the XL Center would have been upgraded or replaced years ago, but that hasn't happened.

The point was if Detroit can so can Hartford.. your so against it that you have to find a way to dismiss it.. NHL is trying to come back that's the whole point to the renovations that are trying to be p*****ed.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jerseydiehardwhaler said:

The point was if Detroit can so can Hartford.. your so against it that you have to find a way to dismiss it.. NHL is trying to come back that's the whole point to the renovations that are trying to be p*****ed.. 

We don't have anyone willing to pay for more than half of a $300 million upgrade, so we can't be compared to Detroit in this situation. They have someone willing to put up almost twice that amount for their team. If the NHL was really trying to come back to Hartford then where is Hartford's "Olympia"? The governor claims that there are two groups willing to invest in bringing a team here, but when the state asked for investors to help pay for the upgrades only one stepped up and they barely put up any money. I need to see proof of the NHL wanting to be here and proof of these investors before I'll believe they're here and that's why I "dismiss it." Also, the complete renovations have not even been approved at all. Only a partial plan has been summited by the finance committee and that's it. Nothing has been approved, agreed to, or voted on.

Edited by TrueHartfordHockeyFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jerseydiehardwhaler said:

There is an investor in Hartford, just because you don't see or hear of one don't mean it's not there..

There's more evidence that God and Jesus + Christ exist than there is of NHL investors in Hartford.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, jerseydiehardwhaler said:

So if you believe in them than there is an investor

You really can't read or comprehend anything, can you? This is now the last time I'll respond to anything you say, because I'm sick of trying to explain stuff to you like my 5 year old. The sad thing is that he'd probably understand it better than you ever could. There being more evidence of God and Jesus + Christ means that there's little to no evidence of NHL investors, so I will never believe that there are any until there's actual proof of these investors. If you can't understand that then I hope someone else is in charge of running you restaurant, or I at least there's someone there to make sure you don't hurt yourself. Goodbye. Just so you know, because I know it's hard for you to understand things, I'm blocking you. Have **n yelling and arguing with no one, but honestly I think you're used to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hahahah you hurt me lol, block me I'll still respond to your anti whaler Hartford hater rhetoric..I can read clearly it's just that you can't accept someone's opinion unless it's your own.. see ya but just so you know I will always defend Hartford and the whalers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

You really can't read or comprehend anything, can you? This is now the last time I'll respond to anything you say, because I'm sick of trying to explain stuff to you like my 5 year old. The sad thing is that he'd probably understand it better than you ever could. There being more evidence of God and Jesus + Christ means that there's little to no evidence of NHL investors, so I will never believe that there are any until there's actual proof of these investors. If you can't understand that then I hope someone else is in charge of running you restaurant, or I at least there's someone there to make sure you don't hurt yourself. Goodbye. Just so you know, because I know it's hard for you to understand things, I'm blocking you. Have **n yelling and arguing with no one, but honestly I think you're used to that.

One more thing cause I'm sore your gonna read it, you talk about me being like your 5 year old but your gonna block someone cause they don't agree with you, real mature hater.. so much for a good debate and than you guys say it's us..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2017 at 11:48 AM, jerseydiehardwhaler said:

The point was if Detroit can so can Hartford..

And his point was that in Detroit a private investor that is known to the public and already owns NHL and MLB teams in city of Detroit is paying $538.8 million of $862.9 million price of building the new arena, which is 62% of new arena cost. In Hartford, governor Malloy wants general *****embly to publicly bond $250 million renovation of Xl Center. In Hartford there is no publicly known private investor who has publicly committed to paying for any of $250 million Xl center renovation. Only one private investor is publicly know to have even made expression of interest in Xl center reno project. And that company didn't even make a specific proposal, just said it was interested in exploring options.

If there was publicly known private investor willing to pay $156.1 million of the cost of governor Malloy's proposed $250 million renovation of Xl Center, then Hartford situation would be like situation in Detroit. If there was publicly know private investor who could guarantee that a NHL team was committed and approved to play in renovated Xl center, then Hartford situation would be like situation in Detroit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We dknt know that uet do we chad, we are waiting to see what happens with he budget and go from there.and much more favorable to Hartford being that it would only cost 250 million rather than almost 540 in Detroit.. now Malloy has said there is investors, there are plans and NHL is interested.. and ice and boards are already done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jerseydiehardwhaler said:

We dknt know that uet do we chad, we are waiting to see what happens with he budget and go from there.and much more favorable to Hartford being that it would only cost 250 million rather than almost 540 in Detroit.. now Malloy has said there is investors, there are plans and NHL is interested.. and ice and boards are already done

If there was private investor willing to pay 62% of $250 million Xl Center renovation cost, why would governor malloy and crda keep that a secret? Why would malloy still be trying to get Ct general *****embly to approve public bonding of whole $250 million Xl center renovation plan if there was a private investor willing to pay $156.1 million of the $250 million? I mean if there was private investor willing to pay 62% of cost of Xl center reno in Hartford the way a publicly known private investor is willing to pay 62% of cost of new arena in detroit, then malloy would only need to convince Ct general *****embly to publicly bond $93.9 million. Why would malloy want Ct state budget approving process to drag on and on and on and on, including possible approval of bonding of money for XL center renovation, if there was a private investor willing to pay 62% of the reno cost for Xl center? 
Use your head. It does not make any sense.
And planned Xl center renovation only costing $250 million compared to $862.9 million price for new arena in Detroit is so much more favorable that Malloy hasn't been able to get Ct general *****embly to even approve the public bonding of the $250 million, but the $862.9 million new arena in Detroit is opening this September. Wow! The cheaper reno price for Xl center is so "much more favorable" that we still don't know if Malloy will even be able to get Ct general *****embly to agree to publicly bond the money. Meanwhile Detroit is opening a $862.9 million arena in just over a month and got a private investor to pay $538.8 million of the price tag.
         

Edited by WhalerChad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/20/2017 at 1:46 AM, WhalerChad said:

If there was private investor willing to pay 62% of $250 million Xl Center renovation cost, why would governor malloy and crda keep that a secret? Why would malloy still be trying to get Ct general *****embly to approve public bonding of whole $250 million Xl center renovation plan if there was a private investor willing to pay $156.1 million of the $250 million? I mean if there was private investor willing to pay 62% of cost of Xl center reno in Hartford the way a publicly known private investor is willing to pay 62% of cost of new arena in detroit, then malloy would only need to convince Ct general *****embly to publicly bond $93.9 million. Why would malloy want Ct state budget approving process to drag on and on and on and on, including possible approval of bonding of money for XL center renovation, if there was a private investor willing to pay 62% of the reno cost for Xl center? 
Use your head. It does not make any sense.
And planned Xl center renovation only costing $250 million compared to $862.9 million price for new arena in Detroit is so much more favorable that Malloy hasn't been able to get Ct general *****embly to even approve the public bonding of the $250 million, but the $862.9 million new arena in Detroit is opening this September. Wow! The cheaper reno price for Xl center is so "much more favorable" that we still don't know if Malloy will even be able to get Ct general *****embly to agree to publicly bond the money. Meanwhile Detroit is opening a $862.9 million arena in just over a month and got a private investor to pay $538.8 million of the price tag.
         

Well that's because you are comparing apples to oranges.  

Detroit got a new arena and got 62% from private money.  Why can't hartford do that. 

 

 

Well for one the investors in Detroit are getting off cheap compared to the investors in Hartford.  Hartford investors have to wine and dine the NHL, pay for exploratory campaigns to investigate multiple teams that can possibly be sold.

Detroit already had a team Hartford does not.  Detroit investors do not have a 500M dollar relocation cost to deal with.  That made it easy for them to kick in a price to *****ist the city.  Here Investors have to start from scratch.  We're lucky we have investors willing to try and make anAHL city an NHL one. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this