Sign in to follow this  
Whalevolution

Hurricanes sold to Rangers owner, nice mention of Hartford too

We have bingo folks.  This is more proof that Malloy and or Bronin are doing things by the NHL's book, if you want a seat at their table, then you need to play by their rules, and we are sitting back and getting closer to the NHL every day.

Pretty soon, the mini renovation of the XL Center will be done with, then we can boot the Wolf Puke out of here next April, then undergo the major XL Center renovation, and be ready to bring the newly purchased Hurricanes back home for the 2019 or 2020 season.

In the year 2019 or 2020, when the WHALERS come home, I am going to take great, great pride in rubbing it in the faces of the doubters repeatedly.

21 minutes ago, WhalerCentral said:

We have bingo folks.  This is more proof that Malloy and or Bronin are doing things by the NHL's book, if you want a seat at their table, then you need to play by their rules, and we are sitting back and getting closer to the NHL every day.

Pretty soon, the mini renovation of the XL Center will be done with, then we can boot the Wolf Puke out of here next April, then undergo the major XL Center renovation, and be ready to bring the newly purchased Hurricanes back home for the 2019 or 2020 season.

In the year 2019 or 2020, when the WHALERS come home, I am going to take great, great pride in rubbing it in the faces of the doubters repeatedly.

What does this have to do with the possible sale of the Hurricanes to an owner who won't move the team?

3 minutes ago, Mr. Br***** Bonanza said:

What does this have to do with the possible sale of the Hurricanes to an owner who won't move the team?

It is standard business, the new potential owners of the Hurricanes can't come out right away and say they are moving away, the upcoming NHL season is only 12 weeks away and they need the fanbase in Carolina (as small as it is), to still support their home team for the next year or two, until the XL Center is up to current NHL standards and ready to accept an NHL team.

It is Business 101, don't upset the current customers.

3 hours ago, WhalerCentral said:

That a fact? Back during the CT Fail years, there were a few who thought the NHL would be back by now and even bragged about it on here. You should have seen all the bragging that went on about how the WP would be "history". The look on their faces when the WP were still here at the time they were "certain" the NHL would return.

2 hours ago, WhalerCentral said:

It is standard business, the new potential owners of the Hurricanes can't come out right away and say they are moving away, the upcoming NHL season is only 12 weeks away and they need the fanbase in Carolina (as small as it is), to still support their home team for the next year or two, until the XL Center is up to current NHL standards and ready to accept an NHL team.

6101626262467a1e6cb5d3ecb421c860785b22c1_r.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, he bought the team for $47m, sold it for $500m.  Does that mean he made $453m?  Not really.  He's owned the team for 23 years.  If he's been averaging $15m of losses, that comes to $345m in losses.  Then take away the relocation fee that he paid to move the Whalers, the modifications to the arena in Raleigh for hockey, new practice facility, offices, there's not much left to show as profit.  He would have been much better off putting the money into an index **nd and leaving the Whalers alone.  But if he can recoup his losses after 23 years of owning one of the worst performing, worst run teams in the league, he needs to take the money and run.  And he needs to thank Las Vegas for getting people to think that NHL teams are worth $500m.

21 hours ago, HWP1997 said:

6101626262467a1e6cb5d3ecb421c860785b22c1_r.jpg

WOW!!! I normally lurk, but is this really necessary? What are you a 10 year old kid or something? I don't hate the wolfpack. GROW UP!!!

Edited by DRC72
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DRC72 said:

WOW!!! I normally lurk, but is this really necessary? What are you a 10 year old kid or something? I don't hate the wolfpack. GROW UP!!!

:lol::lol:

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 9:13 PM, WhalerCentral said:

This guy is know throughout major league sports for buying teams or helping people buy teams to keep them in their cities, improve their home arenas and stadiums, bring in more fans, and to modernize how the teams are run. He helped Mario Lemieux buy the Penguins from Howard Baldwin after it went bankrupt. Then he worked out the deal with Pittsburgh to build a new arena, this after the city re**sed to replace and even stopped upgrading the Igloo. He has bought and helped rebuild multiple major and minor league teams, and is on the board of a few foundations and leagues, including the Carolina League (Single-A Advanced). He also owns the Myrtle Beach Pelicans who play in the Carolina League. So, I realy can't see him wanting to move away from there.

12 hours ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

This guy is know throughout major league sports for buying teams or helping people buy teams to keep them in their cities, improve their home arenas and stadiums, bring in more fans, and to modernize how the teams are run. He helped Mario Lemieux buy the Penguins from Howard Baldwin after it went bankrupt. Then he worked out the deal with Pittsburgh to build a new arena, this after the city re**sed to replace and even stopped upgrading the Igloo. He has bought and helped rebuild multiple major and minor league teams, and is on the board of a few foundations and leagues, including the Carolina League (Single-A Advanced). He also owns the Myrtle Beach Pelicans who play in the Carolina League. So, I realy can't see him wanting to move away from there.

Well if he is into helping teams as you say he can't help them in the worst attended market in the continent.  I mean the Whalers in 97 outdrew the Hurricanes in 2017. How embarr*****ing they barely outdrew the Pack. 

The best scenario for Hartford is that if he wants to help them he should fix the mistake the NHL made and return them to Hartford. A real True Hartford Hockey Fan would root for that!!

38 minutes ago, Whalevolution said:

Well if he is into helping teams as you say he can't help them in the worst attended market in the continent.  I mean the Whalers in 97 outdrew the Hurricanes in 2017. How embarr*****ing they barely outdrew the Pack. 

The best scenario for Hartford is that if he wants to help them he should fix the mistake the NHL made and return them to Hartford. A real True Hartford Hockey Fan would root for that!!

I am rooting for that but I'm not going to count my chickens before they hatch. Greenberg isn't a guy that moves teams. He works on rebuilding the team, brand, market, and arena. He doesn't turn tail and run away from the problems the team he buys have been dealing with. He also has ties to the Carolinas while owning a team a team in Myrtle Beach, being on the board of the league, and their home office is in Greensboro. I just can't get "hyped" anymore, especially when he has no ties to Hartford or CT. Sorry, but I just can't anymore.