HoweYouDoin

Wolf Pack **ture and the Yard Goats

9 hours ago, Whalevolution said:

I was wondering about that.  Heard about it at the Rent.  But no I didn't go I thought it was for season ticket holders only?

8 minutes ago, HWP1997 said:

I asked Ricky, who's the most unbiased Hartford hockey fan I've ever known, and here's what he said...

Capture.JPG

Yeah, it was for Season Ticket Holders but I thought you might have been able to go because of your show. Like HWP said, I heard that MSG was close to a deal to keep the Pack in Hartford for a few more years. I also heard that they're working on more specialty night and they will finally be getting local brewery into the bar. They will also be adding a new bar by they gl***** near the fan bar. It will be for groups kind of like the luxury seats. 

This is the final season of the Wolf Puke in Hartford, no matter what two faced Ricky the Rangers Lover says about the matter.

Whalers merchandise and the brand colors are top selling in most states where available.  Let me make myself very clear, I am in the camp that Hartford needs a new arena, not another renovation, if a new arena was built back in 2012, it could have been Hartford to get the Thrashers instead of Winnipeg, this renovation we are seeing now is putting Hartford among the top cities to get the next team to move (Arizona or Carolina) and if the **ll renovation happens, we will by default be the top destination for the next NHL team to move, that is a fact that nobody can argue with.  That cannot happen with the Wolf Puke sharing the same slab of ice, the Wolf Puke have to go away, and the renovation can happen faster with the Wolf Puke far far away, this is the final year of the Wolf Puke and it explains why the NHL standards renovation is taking place.

Anybody who thinks the arena is being brought up to NHL standards so the Wolf Puke can play in front of 2000 people every night such as Josh or Ricky is out of their mind crazy, it makes no sense having MSG minor league hockey in a Hartford NHL arena.  Get the renovations done in 2018 and be ready to host an NHL team in 2019, I am kind of surprised that some of you don't feel the same way.

4 minutes ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

Yeah, it was for Season Ticket Holders but I thought you might have been able to go because of your show. Like HWP said, I heard that MSG was close to a deal to keep the Pack in Hartford for a few more years. I also heard that they're working on more specialty night and they will finally be getting local brewery into the bar. They will also be adding a new bar by they gl***** near the fan bar. It will be for groups kind of like the luxury seats. 

Bottom line, a deal is being worked on as we speak. 

Anyone who's prematurely going around with claims the WP are "gone" are just talking out their @$$ at this point.

There is no interest in putting a team in Quebec, Seattle doesn't have an arena, Kansas City has no hope, Houston would be another southern strategy disaster.  The only city that leaves is Hartford, we are consistently in the top 5 in merchandise sales even though the Whalers have been gone 20 years, we have the corporate money here, we have a fanbase here, and we now have an NHL quality ice sheet and our arena plan is still being ironed out in terms of the scope and timing of the renovation.  The Hartford big shot companies such as Aetna, Travelers, United Health, Morgan Stanley, all are looking for representation and a presence in Hartford sports.  Hartford is the largest US market without a major sports franchise, the Governor and Mayor are aware of it and are trying to court a team and are working behind the scenes and NHL representation was in the city this week from what I have heard from sources, things are happening behind the scenes and everything is on schedule and playing itself out just fine. It's coming together and I can't wait to be here the day the Whalers come back so I can shove it up your a$$.

6 minutes ago, WhalerCentral said:

I can't wait to be here the day the Whalers come back so I can shove it up your a$$.

So what exactly do you plan on shoving up our *****es? :lol:

I'd love to see it. But it doesn't really feel like the Whalers are close to coming back. I don't think NHL is that interested in Hartford. They would rather go to bigger markets that don't have NHL yet. In the leagues mind Connecticut is Rangers/Bruins territory. To get another NHL team, the city and/or a new ownership group are realy going to have to impress the league. Which isn't out of the question someday. It just doesn't seem likely anytime soon . It would be nice ,since now is the best time for expansion. It just doesn't seem like Hartford is really seen as an option right now though. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Whalerwatch said:

They would rather go to bigger markets that don't have NHL yet.

That is correct, and that would be Hartford, Hartford is the biggest city/metro area and TV market in the country without an NHL team.  Hartford is next in line for a team looking for a new home, there is a reason that NHL staff are in Hartford this week meeting with locals.

3 minutes ago, WhalerCentral said:

That is correct, and that would be Hartford, Hartford is the biggest city/metro area and TV market in the country without an NHL team.  Hartford is next in line for a team looking for a new home, there is a reason that NHL staff are in Hartford this week meeting with locals.

Actually no. The Hampton Roads area of Virginia is bigger. 

3 hours ago, Whalerwatch said:

I don't think NHL is that interested in Hartford. They would rather go to bigger markets that don't have NHL yet. 

I have no sources. And though I want the NHL back & the Rangers out of here ASAP, I'll remain realistic.

With that said...

Out of the 4 majors, the NHL is by far the biggest niche sport. Yes, Hartford is the largest media market without a team, but there's more than that to consider. Hartford has a few other things in its favor. In no particular order:

* Hartford is consistently one of the highest ratings markets for the Stanley Cup Playoffs, no matter what teams are in

* Hartford is in the United States

* Connecticut is home to both NBC Sports Network & ESPN

* An NHL-approved independent study has already shown Hartford to be a viable market for them

* Since re-introduced, Whalers merchandise has consistently been a top seller with no signs of slowing

* The NHL, more than other sport, relies on attendance. The Bruins, Rangers & Canadiens alone would guarantee around a dozen near-to-f u ll sellouts out of 41 games every year

* The NHL knows that any Hartford team would be the "2nd" team of many fans throughout the league- resulting in higher ratings for Whalers games & even larger merchandise sales

* There are numerous success f u ll, popular former Whalers coaching around the NHL; several of whom would like to help finish what they started here

* Reduced travel costs for several Eastern Conference teams

Edited by HartfordHomeOfTheWhalers

19 hours ago, WhalerCentral said:

This is the final season of the Wolf Puke in Hartford, no matter what two faced Ricky the Rangers Lover says about the matter.

Ricky is a true, unbiased Hartford hockey fan who doesn't go around spreading bull**** rumors unlike your fat@$$.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, WhalerCentral said:

Whalers merchandise and the brand colors are top selling in most states where available.  Let me make myself very clear, I am in the camp that Hartford needs a new arena, not another renovation, if a new arena was built back in 2012, it could have been Hartford to get the Thrashers instead of Winnipeg, this renovation we are seeing now is putting Hartford among the top cities to get the next team to move (Arizona or Carolina) and if the **ll renovation happens, we will by default be the top destination for the next NHL team to move, that is a fact that nobody can argue with.  That cannot happen with the Wolf Puke sharing the same slab of ice, the Wolf Puke have to go away, and the renovation can happen faster with the Wolf Puke far far away, this is the final year of the Wolf Puke and it explains why the NHL standards renovation is taking place.

Anybody who thinks the arena is being brought up to NHL standards so the Wolf Puke can play in front of 2000 people every night such as Josh or Ricky is out of their mind crazy, it makes no sense having MSG minor league hockey in a Hartford NHL arena.  Get the renovations done in 2018 and be ready to host an NHL team in 2019, I am kind of surprised that some of you don't feel the same way.

See guys this is not Mark.  Mark gets along and likes Ricky. 

Dont talk smack about Ricky, if you knew him youd feel like the biggest horses ***** for saying anything bad about him. he's more of a Hartford Hockey fan than anyone I can think of.  

I know a ton of perfectly normal fine Ranger fans if you know none that's a you problem not the Rangers.  

1 hour ago, Whalevolution said:

See guys this is not Mark.  Mark gets along and likes Ricky. 

What I find odd is the "real" Mark hasn't come on here to say it isn't him. You'd think the guy would want to defend himself especially when someone is going around talking like him.

Edited by HWP1997

For the tenth time loser, I am not this person you keep calling Mark, I never met the guy but I have seen a person named Mark use this forum.  You are not going to run me out of here just like you tried to run that young girl out of the gift store after she reff*used your multiple advances and then she was fearff*ul that you would @s$ault her, then kicked out of there, kicked out the Navy, kicked out of the  Boosters, kicked out of everything you have done in your life.

Edited by WhalerCentral

1 hour ago, WhalerCentral said:

For the tenth time loser, I am not this person you keep calling Mark, I never met the guy but I have seen a person named Mark use this forum.  You are not going to run me out of here just like you tried to run that young girl out of the gift store after she reff*used your multiple advances and then she was fearff*ul that you would @s$ault her, then kicked out of there, kicked out the Navy, kicked out of the  Boosters, kicked out of everything you have done in your life.

Yep, that's exactly what Mark would say to me.

Cut the crap lard@$S! No one is falling for your bull*****.

2 hours ago, WhalerCentral said:

For the tenth time loser, I am not this person you keep calling Mark, I never met the guy but I have seen a person named Mark use this forum.  

Let's look at the facts:

• you use all of Mark's stupid catchphrases word for word.
  • you crap on me and others like Mark would.
  • you appeared right after he (MarkH2919) disappeared last month.
  • you spread bull***** rumors without backing any of it up like Mark would.
  • you talk about having "sources" which you re**se to identify like Mark would.
  • Mark (MarkH2919) has not once come on here to say that he isn't "WhalerCentral".

Like I said earlier this week, you're going to have to do way better if you really want to fool people into thinking you're someone else. 

And truth is, you're not smart enough to pull that off.

Edited by HWP1997

I really didn't want to comment on this...but I guess I have no choice.

As I stated to Pete earlier this week (and I have the email to back it up), until this past Monday, when I heard from someone with the booster club that Pete was going at it with some of the...we'll use "people" here...I had zero interest in returning to this board.  I'm tired of fighting with idiots like Hendrickson and this new person, "TrueHartfordHockeyFan", who, after reading some of his posts...sounds a LOT like Biggie.  Not saying it's him, I don't know if it is, and quite honestly, I don't care if it's him, but it sure as he!! sounds like him.

Whether Greg will believe this or not, I don't really care, but here goes...I am NOT WhalerCentral.    I would never say anything bad about Ricky.  He's a great kid, a stand up kid, regardless of where his heart lies in terms of fandom.  He, unlike the others here (and they know who they are) is a TRUE fan of Hartford Hockey, and of Hartford in general.  He supports the Pack, he supports UConn, and he supports the Yard Goats.  He likes the Rangers...well, he's a 20 year old kid, of course he supports the Rangers...but he gets why we want the NHL back here, much more than some of the yahoos on here (again, they know who they are).  So for the ones that drag an innocent person into this...shame on you.  Leave Ricky alone.

I will now once again post....then log off, and let the idiots run the asylum.  Pete and the Courant powers that be should have had your IPs blocked when they had the chance.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MarkH2919 said:

I'm tired of fighting with idiots like Hendrickson and this new person, "TrueHartfordHockeyFan",

It's not exactly easy having an adult conversation with you when you get your big boy panties in a twist every time we disagree with you or you disagree with us.

8 minutes ago, MarkH2919 said:

Whether Greg will believe this or not, I don't really care, but here goes...I am NOT WhalerCentral. 

I'm still skeptical...

Ok so for those keeping score at home

WC is not MarkH2919

Wolf Pack **ture remains in potential negotiation for a new lease. 

Would be totally fine if it comes down to a new new team but who is the million dollar question ?

I try to actually make a positive contribution to the board and actually talk about Hartford sports and it devolves into this.

If anyone wants to actually have a thought**l discussion about the Yard Goats success, the WP and everything in my initial post, please let me know. Time like this are when I miss Bleating Hartford.

Edited by HoweYouDoin

True if people want to have pissing matches with other posters go meet each other at the mall grab an orange Julius and bicker at each other. 

Another YG sell out last night. 

Bees have ESPN Linda Cohn as a guest

WP preseason is less than a month away

4 hours ago, Whalevolution said:

Another YG sell out last night. 

Bees have ESPN Linda Cohn as a guest

WP preseason is less than a month away

Good for the Goats. Hope**lly they can keep this up after this year. Also, I had to laugh at the people that complained about the "Christmas in July" promotion. There were complaints about how it was stupid, they didn't like the music, and it didn't make sense. I guess they have never heard or seen anything like that before. Just thought it was **nny.

It's really cool that they got Linda to go down to New Britain and do that. I remember when she practiced with the Rangers. She was going to do the same thing with the Wolf Pack a few years ago but had a vending machine pushed onto her and couldn't make it. Hope**lly they can have her back soon.

I'm just happy that holidays is just around the corner. After three things I heard from people that went to the Town Hall meeting, I'm excited for the season to start and see what's new. Hope**lly, we can also get some actual news about the things that are going on, and not just "rumors" from people's "sources". Also, my new source has a names and a Facebook page. Can't wait to see what else Ricky has to post about Hartford Hockey.

21 minutes ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

I had to laugh at the people that complained about the "Christmas in July" promotion. There were complaints about how it was stupid, they didn't like the music, and it didn't make sense. I guess they have never heard or seen anything like that before. Just thought it was **nny.

XMAS in July is the norm nowadays. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

I'm excited for the season to start and see what's new. Hope**lly, we can also get some actual news about the things that are going on, and not just "rumors" from people's "sources". 

I hear ya. It does us no good to trust the word of some mama's boy who has to be "right" all the time.