Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Whalevolution

A look at the 2017-2018 upcoming Hartford Hockey season @XL

36 posts in this topic

We're taking a look @UConnMHOC & @WolfPackAHL upcoming 2017-2018 #HartfordHockey seasons @XLCenter. 

21 minutes ago, HWP1997 said:

Here's hoping to a good season!

For UConn.  Here's hoping the Puke go 0-76.

2 people like this

48 minutes ago, MarkH2919 said:

For UConn.  Here's hoping the Puke go 0-76.

Grow up. It's stuff like this that feeds the trolls and isn't needed. You don't like HWP, we all get that but stop giving him what he wants. You said you were leaving but keep coming back and fighting with him. Either ignore him and actually leave. A lot of us actually want to know what's going on this season and don't just want to fight or spread rumors with no proof.

This season looks like it going to be a good one for both teams. They have great schedules and it looks like we'll have a double-header or two. Can't wait to see the improvements done for the games, and hoping we'll hear something about the years to come. I'm sick of the rumors and can't wait for something concrete.

"Grow up. It's stuff like this that feeds the trolls and isn't needed"

Hoping the WolfPack **** feeds the trolls?  Really?  You and Greg should go see the same shrink.

As for me leaving, I tried to.  And I'll try again.  But...as soon as WhalerCentral posts something, you and the other Packrat will claim it's me. 

For the fourth...and last time...I am not WhalerCentral.  If you don't believe it, and it worries you that much, contact the Courant (or the moderator, who, by the way, confirmed that WhalerCentral and I are not the same person) and get IP addresses.

46 minutes ago, MarkH2919 said:

"Grow up. It's stuff like this that feeds the trolls and isn't needed"

Hoping the WolfPack **** feeds the trolls?  Really?  You and Greg should go see the same shrink.

As for me leaving, I tried to.  And I'll try again.  But...as soon as WhalerCentral posts something, you and the other Packrat will claim it's me. 

For the fourth...and last time...I am not WhalerCentral.  If you don't believe it, and it worries you that much, contact the Courant (or the moderator, who, by the way, confirmed that WhalerCentral and I are not the same person) and get IP addresses.

Not claiming that WhalersCentral is you but he did use a lot of your terms and even posted a sentence word-for-word. That's why I agreed with her HWP that it might have been you. Once Evo said he checked and it wasn't you, I believed him and let it go. I have even been messaged about it by other members on the board but I'm not going to say you two are the same.

Also, hoping that a Hartford Hockey team fails does feed the trolls. It shows that they're right about Whalers fans don't care about the team or Hartford. What makes it worse is that you're also showing how aw**l the Booster Club is and how they hate Hartford Hockey unless it's the Whalers.

So, do Hartford Hockey a favor and go away, and stay away.

1 hour ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

Grow up. It's stuff like this that feeds the trolls and isn't needed. You don't like HWP, we all get that but stop giving him what he wants. You said you were leaving but keep coming back and fighting with him. Either ignore him and actually leave. A lot of us actually want to know what's going on this season and don't just want to fight or spread rumors with no proof.

It's a like chain smoker saying he'll quit but doesn't realize it's easier said than done.

1 hour ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

This season looks like it going to be a good one for both teams. They have great schedules and it looks like we'll have a double-header or two. Can't wait to see the improvements done for the games, and hoping we'll hear something about the years to come. I'm sick of the rumors and can't wait for something concrete.

I bet the players will love the new ice.

5 minutes ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

Also, hoping that a Hartford Hockey team fails does feed the trolls. It shows that they're right about Whalers fans don't care about the team or Hartford. What makes it worse is that you're also showing how aw**l the Booster Club is and how they hate Hartford Hockey unless it's the Whalers.

So, do Hartford Hockey a favor and go away, and stay away.

Amen to that.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, MarkH2919 said:

Yep because we all know how you just love getting the last word in all the time.

Edited by HWP1997

"Also, hoping that a Hartford Hockey team fails does feed the trolls. It shows that they're right about Whalers fans don't care about the team or Hartford. What makes it worse is that you're also showing how aw**l the Booster Club is and how they hate Hartford Hockey unless it's the Whalers.

So, do Hartford Hockey a favor and go away, and stay away."

I want the Rangers organization to fail, and fail miserably.  Just like I want the Yankees organization to fail miserably, just like I want the Patriots to fail miserably.  I have wanted the WolfPack gone for several years, ever since they decided, foolishly, to drop the CT Whale name and go back to the same tired, stale brand they had before.  The WolfPack don't represent Hartford.  They are the Rangers minor league team.  They wear Hartford on their sweaters, but the players don't give a crap about being here, the coach doesn't give a crap about being here, and the front office doesn't give a crap about being here.  Every player, every coach, every member of the front office is here because they HAVE to be.  Period.  I root against the Rangers and all their affiliates, and the sooner they leave Hartford, the better for EVERYONE.  If the NHL never comes back, that would be terrible, but if we had a neutral AHL affiliate, one that didn't make a portion of the fanbase want to throw up in their mouths, like the Bruins and Rangers do...things would be much different.  And...much, much better.

As for "hating Hartford", I don't hate Hartford.  I'd have AHL season tickets if the affiliate wasn't the Rangers or Bruins.  I have UConn season tickets for hockey (have since they started playing in Hartford), and I have gone to roughly a dozen Yard Goats games this season, with more to go.  I want what is best for Hartford...and so does the Booster Club.  The WolfPack, whether you or Greg like it or not, are NOT what is best for Hartford.  

Oh, so if I'm "feeding the trolls", by "wanting Hartford hockey to fail", then isn't Greg doing the same thing by hating on the Whalers?  Calling them "Failers" is the same thing, right?  Or are you going to spin it again?  After all, it's all you Packrats have.

As for "staying away", I'll stay away from the WolfPack, like I've done since the re-rebrand in 2013.  I'll support my Capital city by going to 17 UConn hockey games, hope**lly more, and by going to the Yard Goats games.  When we get an AHL affiliate that doesn't make me want to throw up, or better, the NHL, then I'll re-evaluate.   

1 hour ago, MarkH2919 said:

As for me leaving, I tried to.  And I'll try again.  

Leaving for an hour and a half is definitely "trying" LOL

I'm hoping for a great season from both the Wolf Pack and UConn

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

23 minutes ago, MarkH2919 said:

Oh, so if I'm "feeding the trolls", by "wanting Hartford hockey to fail", then isn't Greg doing the same thing by hating on the Whalers?  Calling them "Failers" is the same thing, right?  Or are you going to spin it again?  After all, it's all you Packrats have.

Get it through your fat head, the Failers are NOT a real team anymore! They haven't existed for 20 years! This is why the rest of the world makes **n of people like you. You wonder why other Hartford hockey fans don't share the same sentiment? Because they moved on. Supporting a dead team for 20+ years makes no sense at all. It took me 2 years after joining the booster cult to realize that.

Edited by HWP1997

14 minutes ago, CaptainBrambles said:

I'm hoping for a great season from both the Wolf Pack and UConn

Same here. I got nothing against UConn despite the fact Failer Nation has chosen to exclusively support them and not both teams.

May go to a wolf pack game to see the baby flyers. Tempted to go to a uconn away game either Um***** Amherst or Sacred Heart. Certainly will try to work a 5 pack of games for the XL home games as well.

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, Monizzle145 said:

May go to a wolf pack game to see the baby flyers. Tempted to go to a uconn away game either Um***** Amherst or Sacred Heart. Certainly will try to work a 5 pack of games for the XL home games as well.

Those are usually good games. It must be weird for the people from Spectra though. Their company owns the Flyers and Phantoms but they're working with the Pack.

2 hours ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

Those are usually good games. It must be weird for the people from Spectra though. Their company owns the Flyers and Phantoms but they're working with the Pack.

Yeah definitely an ironic situation since spectra came into the XL a few years ago. They have done a great job in South Philly between the day of game experience at the Wells Fargo to the recently built fan zone by the venue.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Monizzle145 said:

Yeah definitely an ironic situation since spectra came into the XL a few years ago. They have done a great job in South Philly between the day of game experience at the Wells Fargo to the recently built fan zone by the venue.

Yeah, and they'd be a horrible resource to lose just because people to hate the Wolf Pack, or don't want the AHL in Hartford. People seem to think that getting rid of the Pack would be a good thing but they don't consider the consequences of doing that.

4 hours ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

Yeah, and they'd be a horrible resource to lose just because people to hate the Wolf Pack, or don't want the AHL in Hartford. People seem to think that getting rid of the Pack would be a good thing but they don't consider the consequences of doing that.

We lose the AHL and then Hartford hockey ceases to exist. UConn is NOT Hartford hockey and it's only a matter of time before they go back to Storrs. And Hartford has a better chance of getting struck by an earthquake than getting the NHL back anytime soon.

1 person likes this

30 minutes ago, HWP1997 said:

We lose the AHL and then Hartford hockey ceases to exist. UConn is NOT Hartford hockey and it's only a matter of time before they go back to Storrs. And Hartford has a better chance of getting struck by an earthquake than getting the NHL back anytime soon.

Even if they do stay in the XL Center, they can't carry they load. They only play 14 home games and average a little bit more than the Pack do, but they have the advantage because they play almost 3 times as many games at the XL Center.

1 person likes this

41 minutes ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

Even if they do stay in the XL Center, they can't carry they load. They only play 14 home games and average a little bit more than the Pack do, but they have the advantage because they play almost 3 times as many games at the XL Center.

Correct. There needs to be some kind of professional team there. We need the Pack playing in Hartford.

Just now, CaptainBrambles said:

Correct. There needs to be some kind of professional team there. We need the Pack playing in Hartford.

Exactly, because at this point I don't think Hartford has any other options. They can't go without an AHL team or go down to the ECHL because that would break the contract with Spectra. Also, I think it would hurt the attendance even more than the name changes. I also don't see how we could even get another AHL team. NHL teams are already signing contracts for affiliations for the 2018-19 season just so they know where they're going. There's really no other AHL affiliate that can move to Hartford if the Pack does leave. Also, the cities that have lost teams recently have shown that the NHL is moving their AHL affiliates out of New England an closer to "home". That's not a good sign for things to come if the "rumors" of the NHL coming back are just that "rumors".

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

Exactly, because at this point I don't think Hartford has any other options. They can't go without an AHL team or go down to the ECHL because that would break the contract with Spectra. Also, I think it would hurt the attendance even more than the name changes. I also don't see how we could even get another AHL team. NHL teams are already signing contracts for affiliations for the 2018-19 season just so they know where they're going. There's really no other AHL affiliate that can move to Hartford if the Pack does leave. Also, the cities that have lost teams recently have shown that the NHL is moving their AHL affiliates out of New England an closer to "home". That's not a good sign for things to come if the "rumors" of the NHL coming back are just that "rumors".

What other AHL affiliate could move here? To take a quote from the movie "Hot Shots" when Topper Harley asks, "Why me?" he's answered with, "Because you're the best of what's left."

1 person likes this

On 8/5/2017 at 10:25 AM, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

People seem to think that getting rid of the Pack would be a good thing but they don't consider the consequences of doing that.

Not true.

No matter what else, the consequences of getting rid of the Pack would, at the very least, excise the festering sore of the Rags from Hartford once & for all.

Totally worth it.