Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Whalevolution

#UConn still a top dog draw in #HockeyEast matchups over their first three seasons.l

92 posts in this topic

#UConn still a top dog draw in #HockeyEast matchups over their first three seasons. #XLCenter youtu.be/JVN8duawWQ0

1 person likes this

I heard that the "Fan Zone" will only be for the Wolf Pack, and not for UConn. Ricky posted in the comments of one of the pictures saying that. Also, UConn hasn't promoted those seats when the XL Center and the Wolf Pack have promoted them.

Not that I don't trust Ricky, but I'd prefer to get this right from the source.  So I have called my ticket rep at UConn and left a message, we'll see what he says.

OK, my ticket rep at UConn called back.  He didn't have a lot of specifics, he said more info would become available once we got closer to the season.

As I said to him on the phone, I can't imagine the area being closed for UConn games and open for the WolfPack, that just doesn't make sense business wise.  

I called up Spectra and they said that it looks like the Fan Zone is only being used for the Wolf Pack. It doesn't sound like Spectra gave them the option and UConn said that they didn't want to use it. That could change but as it is now, UConn will not have the Fan Zone.

1 person likes this

Heh.

How are they going to prevent people from using it?  I mean, seriously...use your brains, people.

52 minutes ago, MarkH2919 said:

Heh.

How are they going to prevent people from using it?  I mean, seriously...use your brains, people.

I called my rep with UConn and he said that the Fan Zone is only for the Pack and that UConn will have seats there instead. He made it sound like Spectra came up with it as a "Wolf Pack Only" promoton. UConn wasn't part of any discussion involving the Fan Zone at all.

23 minutes ago, jerseydiehardwhaler said:

So they will sit there 

The Fan Zone is going where there are fold away seats. So for UConn games there will be regular seats, but for Wolf Pack games there will be a special Fan Zone with food and drinks.

23 minutes ago, jerseydiehardwhaler said:

Def biggie 

Talk to Evo, he knows I'm not and I'm not getting into it with you.

20 minutes ago, HartfordHomeOfTheWhalers said:

All the Wolf Pack need now are some fans.

Good one, like we all haven't heard that lame joke before. A few of the guys on here like to use numbers to say how UConn is better than the Pack but I just don't see that. The Wolf Pack bring 170,000 people to Hartford every year. That's more than twice as many people that UConn Hockey, UConn Men's Basketball, and UConn Women's Basketball bring in by themselves.

"I called my rep with UConn and he said that the Fan Zone is only for the Pack and that UConn will have seats there instead"

My rep with UConn said they had no info about the Fan Zone as yet...either we have a different rep, or someone is getting bad info.

Would you like to share who your rep at UConn is?

I dknt care what your IP address is, you post like him and you think you have all the awards lkke him.. and the more you post the more your true colors come out.. 

54 minutes ago, MarkH2919 said:

"I called my rep with UConn and he said that the Fan Zone is only for the Pack and that UConn will have seats there instead"

My rep with UConn said they had no info about the Fan Zone as yet...either we have a different rep, or someone is getting bad info.

Would you like to share who your rep at UConn is?

Sorry, I meant to say my rep from the Wolf Pack, not UConn.

Well, it doesn't make any sense to not have that section open for all events.  Plus, the season is still two months away.  We'll have to wait and see.

I think UConn didn't want it because they didn't want to upset Season ticket Holders.  But that is just my guess.

you may say same for the Pack but UConn has around ten times the season ticket holders.

True evo, if that's the case feels like a mother rt grab and uconn didn't go for it.. you can still sit there.. but truehartfordfakeguy said people are giving up tjere season tickets cause there are so many freebies.

My rep did tell me that UConn had to move people that were sitting in those seats, but I think that had more to do with the removing of seats and adding tables and so on.

3 hours ago, jerseydiehardwhaler said:

True evo, if that's the case feels like a mother rt grab and uconn didn't go for it.. you can still sit there.. but truehartfordfakeguy said people are giving up tjere season tickets cause there are so many freebies.

What in God's name are you talking about? What does "mother rt" mean? Everyone one of your responses show that you can't read or write. I said that people gave up their season tickets because there were tons of freebie under the WHALE brand. The entire 106 during those years was basically **ll of people that didn't pay for their tickets.

52 minutes ago, jerseydiehardwhaler said:

Money grab.. biggie, money grab..

You really can't read can you? This is the last time, my name is not "Biggie". So stop calling me that for the love of God. You guys go after HWP for saying Mark is WC even though Evo has said he's not. Well Evo checked and said that I'm not "Biggie", so stop being like HWP, you moron.

Awwww your panties wet, I personally think you are biggie because you surely speak like him.. I dknt go after anyone here unless they dismiss Hartford as a viable destination for a team.. as for yourself even though someone pointed out our attendance was up to par with the bruins for several seasons you still ot Hartford down with your spinning..if you dknt like it go to a ranger or pack board

5 minutes ago, jerseydiehardwhaler said:

Awwww your panties wet, I personally think you are biggie because you surely speak like him.. I dknt go after anyone here unless they dismiss Hartford as a viable destination for a team.. as for yourself even though someone pointed out our attendance was up to par with the bruins for several seasons you still ot Hartford down with your spinning..if you dknt like it go to a ranger or pack board

Yes, Hartford was better than the Bruins and I even said that was great, but it's out of context. The time they showed the Bruins and Whalers were going back and forth in the very bottom of the league. Being the best of the worst is nothing to be proud of.

Listen, regardless of what you say the whalers made money in the 80's, lots of it..than they sold for what would today be one of the richest franchises,. not the inflated 500milliin the candy canes are.. also if your a true whaler fans you know the truth and wouldn't knock there history.. you sit there and just knock whatever positive that comes out and ***** on Hartford and the whalers... your no whaler fan

23 hours ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

Good one, like we all haven't heard that lame joke before. A few of the guys on here like to use numbers to say how UConn is better than the Pack but I just don't see that.

Thanks, but it's not a joke. Unless the vast majority of Wolf Pack fans enjoy dressing up as empty seats...

"A few of the guys on here like to use numbers to say how UConn is better than the Pack but I just don't see that."

Please re-read what you've written above in quotes, & see if it makes more or less sense to you the second time around.

Most times you look at a Wolf Pack crowd, you see more vendors in the stands than fans. Maybe they're selling pretzels & soda to themselves...

Go to a UConn game, the place is packed & the fans actually care. Pack games have the atmosphere of a library. UConn games have a real hockey atmosphere.

And no annoying DJ's screaming into mics.

Edited by HartfordHomeOfTheWhalers
1 person likes this