Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TrueHartfordHockeyFan

UConn Hockey Going Home

21 posts in this topic

UConn is working on moving the majority of their games to a new arena at Storrs. This is even if the upgrade of the XL Center is done or not. They also admit that Hockey East has " given [them] some additional time to [live up to their commitments to having a rink on campus]."

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-huskies/hc-jacobs-column-uconn-xl-1008-20171007-column.html

Total fluff, as with most of what Jacobs writes. He's a columnist, not a news reporter. UConn hockey will be in Hartford for quite some time.

25 minutes ago, Mr. Br***** Bonanza said:

Total fluff, as with most of what Jacobs writes. He's a columnist, not a news reporter. UConn hockey will be in Hartford for quite some time.

Did you even read the article? UConn is saying they're building on campus because they have to for within Hockey East guidelines. They've already been given an extension to make sure they do things right with their new arena. This is happening no matter what. They've already had plans made up for this new arena when they had their other on campus stadiums done.

THHF didn't read the article.

"Certainly, you wouldn't expect right now there'd be a lot of support from the state," Benedict said. "Although we need to check on that, I think there were some commitments made when we joined Hockey East, there might be some support.

"We'll continue to play the majority of our games [at XL] *****uming we have the opportunity and XL continues to operate as it has, I think we can eventually get to 10,000 season ticketholders. I really do."

If the XL is there, UConn will still play the majority of their games there.  So...it's shocking, but you're wrong again, Biggie.

He’s a joke this guy, stop hiding behind the fact you are an anti whaler and go support your pack on there pages.. biggie.. 

You guys seriously can't believe that they're more people than just this "Biggie" guy that think this way? Go look at the comments everywhere. No one wants to spend $250 million on something when we don't have the money. There's also not that many people here that care about being back the NHL or the Whalers like you think. If there were then this wouldn't even be an issue and the state or investors would be willing to spend the money for it. Now, we even see that UConn has been working on their rink because they have commitments to Hockey East that they have to **lfill, and they want to save money by not having to rent out the XL Center for their games. There's even been talk of them moving some basketball games back to Storrs to save money. That's what I meant by they are moving the majority of all of their games back to Storrs. There is even talk of an upgrade/expansion to Gampel if they have to do this. Just because I'm against wasting money doesn't mean I am "anti-" anything. I don't believe that there are billionaire investors or even a possibility of a team wanting to move here, and there's no actually proof at this point to change my opinions on that. Maybe if there were proof of that, things would be different. As of right now, the only proof we have is that UConn is working to move hockey games back to Storrs. Whether that's all or some hockey games isn't there issue.

TrueHartfordHockeyFan is an oxymoron and a moron. He is a Wolfpack fan, not a Whalers fan!!!! 

1 person likes this

I was a Whalers fan and am a Wolf Pack fan, hence the name TrueHartfordHockeyFan. I'm not some idiot in Jersey that means nothing, or a little brat in Florida who is worthless. Have **n with nothing while I'm supporting Hartford, all of Hartford Hockey, and Connecticut.

Your not nor never were a whaler fan.. and is that all you have that I’m from jersey., that’s gettkng old now I’m a true whaler fan unlike yourself

So even though David Benedict, the AD has said UConn will play the majority of their games at the XL Center, as long as the building is open, you're still convinced they're moving all of their hockey games to Storrs...

OK Biggie...:lol:

Be caref ul  what you say about Biggie...as his alter ago given to him at birth, that is. He'll block you if you hurt his feelings. That's not really a bad thing. It makes him feel like he had the last word. It's f unny.

Edited by Mr. Brass Bonanza

18 hours ago, Mr. Br***** Bonanza said:

Be caref ul  what you say about Biggie...as his alter ago given to him at birth, that is. He'll block you if you hurt his feelings. That's not really a bad thing. It makes him feel like he had the last word. It's f unny.

16 hours ago, jerseydiehardwhaler said:

HE blocked me everywhere.. lol.. fake news guy

So, he blocked you and you guys are still talking about him? I think that says more about you guys than him.

10 hours ago, jerseydiehardwhaler said:

You keep referring to yourself in 3rd person, no good

I'm not Biggie you freaking moron.

17 hours ago, Mr. Br***** Bonanza said:

Such language, Josh. 

My name isn't Biggie or Josh. Is it really that hard for you guys to realize there isn't just one person that thinks this way? There are tons.