Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TrueHartfordHockeyFan

3674!?!

60 posts in this topic

You have got to be kidding me. Only 3674 people went to UConn's home opener, on a Sa****ay, versus BU!?! And you guys want to make **n of the Wolf Pack? Well, you really showed them. Even with the small amount of people there I didn't see anyone wearing Whalers stuff. I saw a bunch of BU and Wolf Pack jerseys. So, where were all of you and what is going to be your excuse. At this point I don't think UConn needs to build a new rick on campus, Freitas is big enough for them and their real fans.

It was Home Coming weekend, The Rent had a game, at Storrs UConn played UCF.

over 3K is remarkable for attd when the fan base is split three ways. 

It was Much higher than the under 3K the Pack had on Friday against Toronto. I wonder why Pack attendance continues to drop? They still should go back to the Whale when they had a 36% increase.

Now I saw a ton of Whaler gear what I never ever see is any Pack gear.  I never understand why wolf Pack fans only care about NYR and that’s it?

1 person likes this

The Whale numbers were a lie, and you know it. The Baldwins admitted to it and when the didn't mess with the numbers and giveaway thousands of tickets attendance went back to where they were before. 

Your a lie, whale numbers were lifted and recorded with he league.. season ticket sales were more then he pack got.. take a walk biggie your whaler hatred is showing.. evidence is there that the Whalers brand is more popular than the garbage tjere now, period.. 

1 hour ago, jerseydiehardwhaler said:

Your a lie, whale numbers were lifted and recorded with he league.. season ticket sales were more then he pack got.. take a walk biggie your whaler hatred is showing.. evidence is there that the Whalers brand is more popular than the garbage tjere now, period.. 

Ask the league about those numbers and hear what they have to say. After Junior told everyone about what they did, the league audited the numbers. They didn't change any but took away WSE's award for sales and marketing, and then told AEG, and now Spectra, that they can only announce tickets scanned, not tickets sold. Spectra even told the league that they weren't going to count free tickets just so numbers are "more accurate than they used to be."

THey didn’t audit anything liar..your really reaching now biggie.. just change your profile pic you liar.. stop the charades and come clean on who you are and stop saying you are a whaler fan pack rat.. bottom line is whaler brand is the only brand on Hartford 

2 hours ago, jerseydiehardwhaler said:

THey didn’t audit anything liar..your really reaching now biggie.. just change your profile pic you liar.. stop the charades and come clean on who you are and stop saying you are a whaler fan pack rat.. bottom line is whaler brand is the only brand on Hartford 

Wow, you really have no clue so you. The Whalers aren't even the brand in Hartford. UConn is far beyond anywhere the Whalers would ever hope to reach. They have been for a long time, since even before the Whalers left. Even if only 3600 people went to the game, more people wear UConn stuff around Hartford all year round. Heck, I saw more Rangers/Wolf Pack stuff then I saw Whalers stuff at the game the other day. If the Whalers were such a huge brand in Hartford or Connecticut then you'd never see the Rangers or the Bruins holding events here and bringing in hundreds and thousands of people.

Whalers are a top seller in merchandise for the nhl, there are plenty of stores and malls in Connecticut that sell whaler merchandise.. the whale(ahl) had better season ticket sales, Coorporate sales and season ticket sales than the pack, under the Whalers colors and honoring tjere history.. really don’t need to go on here because it shows who is clueless here, and a liar.. again I state, you were never a whaler fan..lair

53 minutes ago, jerseydiehardwhaler said:

Whalers are a top seller in merchandise for the nhl, there are plenty of stores and malls in Connecticut that sell whaler merchandise.. the whale(ahl) had better season ticket sales, Coorporate sales and season ticket sales than the pack, under the Whalers colors and honoring tjere history.. really don’t need to go on here because it shows who is clueless here, and a liar.. again I state, you were never a whaler fan..lair

Was and am but that doesn't matter when it comes to them coming back. I'm not sorry for looking at the facts and seeing what's really going on. I don't live in a fantasy world where everyone gets what they want. That hasn't happened in 20 years so why would I start believing it's "definitely going to happen now"? There's no proof to change my mind about that. Hartford has no money and neither does the state. There's no money going into the XL Center or the CRDA under the past few budgets, the talk of "billionaire investors" have pretty much died, UConn is going to have state money cut from them so they don't have any extra to put into the XL Center, and now our only hope is that Amazon decides to build their second HQ here. The thing is that we're not even in the top ten of potential cities on any lists, kinda like how we're not on any list for potential new NHL cities. So, what the Whalers is "#1 in merchandise sales". What does that mean for us? Absolutely nothing because we don't get any of that money and just because people but a shirt or hat, that doesn't mean they're going to go to a game or have the money for season tickets. The Whale had nothing better, that was all proven by Baldwins words and going millions of dollars in debt in less than a few months. You know nothing and wish you could even buy a clue. Keep calling me Biggie because as it sounds he was the only person that was right about anything on this board.

"Even with the small amount of people there I didn't see anyone wearing Whalers stuff. I saw a bunch of BU and Wolf Pack jerseys. So, where were all of you and what is going to be your excuse."

Well, first of all, I WAS there.  You really should come by and visit, I sit at the top of section 105.  Second, if you didn't see anyone wearing Whalers stuff...well...you weren't paying attention (shocker)...there was lots of Whalers stuff, lots of BU jerseys too, and of course, lots of UConn stuff.  Did not see a single WolfPack jersey, and I walked the concourse in both intermissions.  Third, I'm not going to make excuses.  The number is not what I expected.  But...shall we review the last THREE WolfPack attendance numbers?  2152, 2972, 2901.  What's your excuse for THAT, Mr. So-Called Hartford Hockey fan????????

There is no excuse. Those numbers are sad. There should be more people at all games. At least the home opener had over 6,000 people, though. I just can't understand how people can say that UConn is the only "true Hartford Hockey team" and that they will only support then and not the Pack, yet they can't even get more than 4000 people to show up for a 5pm game on a Sa****ay. There's no excuse for that. I might have exaggerated the "didn't see anyone wearing Whalers stuff" but it's definitely gone down a lot over a sorry amount of time. I walked the concourse as well and green just isn't the "color of Hartford" like it once was and I just don't see it coming back.

Ok there’s no excuse 🙄

Do you have an excuse for the lower than average Pack numbers?  6k for an opener is not a good number at all comparitively with the past. 

Its not that I don’t like that you are pro-Ranger and kinda anti Hartford in my opinion, it’s that your posts are kind of phony. You pretend to be a Hartford Hockey fan but all in all you really on care about the Rangers. Thats fine with me but you can totally drop the charade of caring about Hartford, the Whale or UConn. It’s just evident you don’t.  

The most frustrating thing is the Wolf Pack we’re drawing terribly no one mentioned it here even though it’s been warranted for 6 seasons now and even maybe 5 seasons pre-CtWhale although it’s still happening.  Then UConn gets 3674, which is only unusual for a HE matchup but not an unusual number for a UConn opener in Oct.

You said zero about the horrendous Pack numbers but jump on UConns attendance for one game? Com’on Dude, this is exactly why everyone calls you Biggie, the disingenuous posts are just brutal. I’d have so much more appreciation if you just shoot straight with everyone here. 

Im always thank**l that the Rangers gave in for once because nothing was better than AHL hockey with the Ct Whale, remember their opener?

23 hours ago, jerseydiehardwhaler said:

That is true during the summer befoee the 2010-2011 season the AHL offices contacted WSE and asked them how they were garnering so many new season ticket holders and the answer was because the branding finally fit the market.  True story!

But limiting losses became more important than trying to build the market and therefore back to the Moribund brand we went and we’ve have been stagnate since.

On 10/22/2017 at 8:00 AM, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

The Whale numbers were a lie, and you know it. The Baldwins admitted to it and when the didn't mess with the numbers and giveaway thousands of tickets attendance went back to where they were before. 

All aHL numbers are pretty much BS.  Saimlarly true in the NHL but if you went to those games there was always more people and much more enthusiasm. 

You can take the Whalers out of Hartford but you can’t take Whaler fans out of the market. Business wise if you want their dollar you have to cater to them rather than repeated attempts to force feed them.

youll understand this February for sure.

"There should be more people at all games."

There was an opportunity several years ago to fix this problem, but instead of sticking with the CT Whale brand, they went back to the tired crappy WolfPack brand, and whether you like it or not, the attendance numbers went right back to where they were before the rebrand.

2008/2009 -- 4190/game

2009/2010 -- 4188/game

2010/2011 -- 5695/game (rebranded as CT Whale in November of 2010)

2011/2012 -- 4573/game (as CT Whale)

2012/2013 -- 4540/game (as CT Whale)

2013/2014 -- 4071/game (1st year back as WolfPack)

2014/2015 -- 4468/game 

2015/2016 -- 4440/game

2016/2017 -- 4238/game

And so far, just 4 games into the season, all on weekends (3 Friday, 1 Sunday), the attendance is at just over 3500/game.  

Evo hit the nail on the head...instead of shoving the WolfPack brand down Whalers fans throats, they should try harder to please as much of the fanbase as possible.  Until they make a conscious effort to do that...I'll stick with UConn.  

Question, how could they stick with CT Whale brand? They didn't own it. From what I heard MSG did try to make a deal with the Baldwins to take the brand in lieu of payment of their debt. The Baldwins re**sed and would only give up the brand at a price. There's no way MSG was going to pay for it when they were owed at least a million dollars or more by the Baldwins, and I don't blame them. Also, there was talk that Reebok stopped making Whale jerseys because they were never paid, and that's why they disappeared from stores. The team had to go and but those jerseys because they had none to use for the players. The CT Whale brand itself was nice but the Baldwins killed any chance of it staying around for to long.

More made up crap.  LOL.

You really are something else, Biggie.

Smoky put, Whalers are and always will be Hartford hockey, Connecticut’s team.. no other way about it.and biggie our not a Whalers fan and msg def didn’t want to help the Baldwin’s 

3 hours ago, jerseydiehardwhaler said:

Smoky put, Whalers are and always will be Hartford hockey, Connecticut’s team.. no other way about it.and biggie our not a Whalers fan and msg def didn’t want to help the Baldwin’s 

Did you have a stroke?

Mark, prove me wrong. The stuff I talked about was reported on TV and in papers. Some were even posted by "people in the know" on this board. MSG was owed almost $1.5M, Reebok was owed over $1M, Hartford and the state were owed hundreds of thousands, and CPTV and XL Center employees were never paid. So, then why would MSG want to give them any money for a brand when they still owned the old one? Especially, when they would have to give money to someone who owes them a ton of money.

Biggie, I'm not denying the Baldwins had serious financial issues...not at all.  But don't sit there and say the Rangers tried to come up with a deal.  They never wanted to make a deal, because they don't give a rat's backside about Hartford.  

8 hours ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

Did you have a stroke?

Mark, prove me wrong. The stuff I talked about was reported on TV and in papers. Some were even posted by "people in the know" on this board. MSG was owed almost $1.5M, Reebok was owed over $1M, Hartford and the state were owed hundreds of thousands, and CPTV and XL Center employees were never paid. So, then why would MSG want to give them any money for a brand when they still owned the old one? Especially, when they would have to give money to someone who owes them a ton of money.

So didn’t you say in an earlier post that msg offered to take the brand from him.. your lies are making things to con**sing.. and like mark said we all were aware about the financial problems they encountered, but you make it seem like they did some criminal act.. there is a lot of blame to go around, and most should fall on msg for tjere crap they did in Hartford.. biggie..

So didn’t you say in an earlier post that msg offered to take the brand from him.. your lies are making things to con**sing.. and like mark said we all were aware about the financial problems they encountered, but you make it seem like they did some criminal act.. there is a lot of blame to go around, and most should fall on msg for tjere crap they did in Hartford.. biggie..

OWNED!

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, Mr. Br***** Bonanza said:

OWNED!

Moron 1 and Moron 2, I said MSG would take the brand but they wouldn't buy the brand or give the Baldwins and money for it. Maybe you should read pays before you comment on them next time. Also, what they did was criminal and they were taken to court for what they did. The only people to blame for the death of the CT Whale are the Baldwins and no one else.

"The only people to blame for the death of the CT Whale are the Baldwins and no one else."

LMAO...OK Biggie....MSG is completely, totally innocent in all of this, right?  :lol: