Sign in to follow this  
TrueHartfordHockeyFan

3221, what's the excuse now?

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

The XL Center should stay the XL Center but the state and the taxpayers shouldn't be paying for it. Let MSG, the Islanders, or someone else but it for their AHL team and for UConn to play some of their games in and keep it as it is. We don't need an "NHL ready arena" without the NHL. Yes, there are a few more updates that are needed but not that much like you claim. Also, no matter how much money you put into it, the building is going to lose money I'd people don't go to games. 3000 for UConn and 4000 for the Pack just isn't going to cut it.

Here’s where you say there are losing money

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

You have no clue what you're talking about either. The Hartford Business Journal reported that the XL Center made more money than it has is years. Also, if it wasn't shutdown this summer then they'd be turning a profit this year. So, that means that next year the building will be making money instead of losing it. This has nothing to do with the Rangers or the NHL, but it has to do with taking the burden of a building the state shouldn't even own in the first place off the taxpayers. If it is making money then it will be easier to sell as is, and we could make even more money from finally being able to collect taxes from the building. Also, we wouldn't have to spend anymore money we don't have on it. If the building does need these updates then let someone else pay for it. Honestly, I don't think it really does and it's all just a pipe dream that no one should really listen to.

And here’s where you at they made money..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm waiting to hear what the excuses are for the Pack to have 2,052 on a Sunday at 5:00 against Springfield with nothing else going on.

No Patriots.

No Giants (who "played" in the afternoon)

No Jets

No UConn

H ello???????????????????????????????  Does Biggie's Twin or Robtool want to take a stab at this????

Edited by MarkH2919
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, horrendous attendance.

 

Whats the excuse for the Wolf Pack fans who’ve been bashing UConn? 

UConn attedance is not what it was in 2014 BUT WolfPack attendance finds ways to come up with new all time low attended games. 

If you can ask the question about UConn you should be able to answer the same question for the baby Rangers

 

By the way most of us know the answer to this already 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sundays have always been bad and you know it, or do you since you weren't there as usually. For a guy that claims he "cares about all of Hartford Hockey" no one has seen you at games in a while. Also, 2,052 is better than Sundays used to be, especially under the Whale then there was barely 1,000 people there. Should it be better? Yes, and they're working on it. What doesn't help it's that there's nothing to do before and after games on Sundays in Hartford. The city is a ghost town with more and more places closing down. I think it would help both UConn and the Wolf Pack if the city was working on the area around the arena, but they're not. They're more concerned with Front Street and trying to fix the mess they made around the baseball stadium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

Sundays have always been bad and you know it, or do you since you weren't there as usually. For a guy that claims he "cares about all of Hartford Hockey" no one has seen you at games in a while. Also, 2,052 is better than Sundays used to be, especially under the Whale then there was barely 1,000 people there. Should it be better? Yes, and they're working on it. What doesn't help it's that there's nothing to do before and after games on Sundays in Hartford. The city is a ghost town with more and more places closing down. I think it would help both UConn and the Wolf Pack if the city was working on the area around the arena, but they're not. They're more concerned with Front Street and trying to fix the mess they made around the baseball stadium.

I was at the XL Friday night, it’s cool that everyone is looking for me though lol.

Stop making up excuses and falsehoods about the Whale this Sunday’s attendance is definitely way lower than any Sunday  Whale game I remember.  It it was true I’d back your thought there but it’s not. 

I don’t think that having events downtown affects the Pack attendance if there were events the attendance for Pack would **rther plummet and then we’d be hearing that other events were competing with the Pack. 

 

Two facts always remain.  

1# No NHL city that gets dropped down  to the AHL draws well.  People would eat less if they had steak and now get liver and onions 

 

2#: Everyone hates the Rangers, they are the most hated team next to the Bruins.  A new affiliate would be great for business. You don’t support UConn or the Whalers return but if I forced you to participate you wouldn’t like it so understand that the 75k Whaler fans in the Greater Hartford Area aren’t going to jump for joy to see minor league games of a team that is not popular at all in the Region.

 

again this is why the Ct Whale succeeded where the Pack has not the last 12 years 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

75K Whalers fans? Where did you grab that number? There's no proof of that anyone. I've been a Whalers fans for years and we didn't even have that type of number when they were here. There's no way it's gone up since they left. You are such a liar it's not even **nny. If they're really is that many Whalers fans then why does the booster club only have 50 members? Why haven't they been able to do anything like Quebec and send about 1000 fans to Devils or Islanders games? Why can't they be like Winnipeg and support the affiliate of "their rival" and have one of the highest attendances in the AHL? Oh that's right because they either don't care or don't exist. You talk about being a Whaler Guy and all the things you do, but what have you done? Nothing. You have nothing to show for your years of work because we're still in the same spot we were when the Whalers left. Actually it's worse because there's more talk of the AHL land UConn leaving the XL Center and the state shutting it down then there is about the NHL coming back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my...so much to dissect here.

"Sundays have always been bad and you know it"

No, Sundays have not "always been bad".  They're bad early in the season because of the NFL, that's true, but there was no NFL yesterday, at least not local.  Pats were off, Giants played at 1:00, and the Jets played Thursday night.  UConn basketball regular season hasn't started yet, that happens this coming weekend.  Admit it...2052 on a Sunday.  Ouch.

two UConn games over the weekend = 6,352

two WolfPack games over the weekend = 6,787

I would like to think you're smart enough to realize BOTH sets of numbers are aw**l.

 

"What doesn't help it's that there's nothing to do before and after games on Sundays in Hartford. The city is a ghost town with more and more places closing down. I think it would help both UConn and the Wolf Pack if the city was working on the area around the arena, but they're not. They're more concerned with Front Street and trying to fix the mess they made around the baseball stadium."

So now that's your excuse???  Can't you go to lunch or dinner before the game in the suburbs, KNOWING everything in Hartford is closed on Sundays?  And considering the YG drew more than DOUBLE what the Pack draw, wouldn't it make sense to "focus on the mess they made around the baseball stadium"???  The same mess, by the way, that would solve your "city is a ghost town on Sundays" problem?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

75K Whalers fans? Where did you grab that number? There's no proof of that anyone. I've been a Whalers fans for years and we didn't even have that type of number when they were here. There's no way it's gone up since they left. You are such a liar it's not even **nny. If they're really is that many Whalers fans then why does the booster club only have 50 members? Why haven't they been able to do anything like Quebec and send about 1000 fans to Devils or Islanders games? Why can't they be like Winnipeg and support the affiliate of "their rival" and have one of the highest attendances in the AHL? Oh that's right because they either don't care or don't exist. You talk about being a Whaler Guy and all the things you do, but what have you done? Nothing. You have nothing to show for your years of work because we're still in the same spot we were when the Whalers left. Actually it's worse because there's more talk of the AHL land UConn leaving the XL Center and the state shutting it down then there is about the NHL coming back.

You are right 75k was wrong it’s actually 175k 

See how I back my numbers up?

“How success**l might Whalers 2.0 be? In a 2013 study, I estimated that about 175,000 avid NHL fans live in the Hartford-New Haven metro area. That sounds bad, though it’s comparable to or slightly better than some of the lower-tier American NHL markets, including Columbus, Raleigh-Durham, Miami and Nashville (and better than Las Vegas,”

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/is-it-time-to-bring-back-the-hartford-whalers/

Now for your personal comments.  You aren’t the first guy to get frustrated with me because I know my stuff.

My Whaler Guy stuff has been done for you, for all in the Hartford Hockey Market.  I stand guard to defend it and fight for it because Hartford deserves the best.  Being just a Ranger fan you will never be able to understand that, but if that’s the anchor you want to tie your Hockey to go ahead. But when it comes to anything Hartford you might want to check in with Real Hartford Hockey fans. 

 

As for having nothing, Um I spear headed and helped p***** a bill this past legislative session for Children’s Charity and with the NHL’s Approval.  What have you done besides wait for Ranger demotions? 

 

PS- the Canucks are not nearly the geographic rival of Winnipeg that Hartford was with NYR

you compared two teams 112miles apart to two teams 1,437.6 Miles apart. Know your market!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The haters like False Hartford Hockey fan and Robtool are going to hate, Pete.  It s ucks, but that's the way it is.

When this happens, it will just be all the sweeter.  They've already looked like fools with the Yard Goats...and they'll look like fools again when the Whalers come home.  It's what they do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, robplays said:

 If the Whale "succeeded" then why did they revert back to the WP in 2013? The team would still be known as the Whale right now if they were success**l.

If you don’t know, WSE ran up debt, AEG charged enormous rent 21/2 Times the avg AHL Rent and MSG was none the wiser until Reebok called them with a 60k unpaid bill.

The Whale Bowl made WSE enough cash to run the team for 2 1/2 seasons but when you don’t have the capital to pull it off it doesn’t matter how success**l it was.  I missed those days it was **n when everyone in the arena was pulling for the same team.  Shame they can’t rebrand to something that fits the market properly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Whale was a bust and everyone knows it but you morons on this board. You just have to make stuff up to "prove" you're right. At this point I know you idiots will never change and would be happy to see Hartford die if it meant the Whalers came back for one *****ing game I'm done with you morons. Have **n jerking each other off in Mark's Mom's basement.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Whalevolution said:

You are right 75k was wrong it’s actually 175k 

See how I back my numbers up?

“How success**l might Whalers 2.0 be? In a 2013 study, I estimated that about 175,000 avid NHL fans live in the Hartford-New Haven metro area. That sounds bad, though it’s comparable to or slightly better than some of the lower-tier American NHL markets, including Columbus, Raleigh-Durham, Miami and Nashville (and better than Las Vegas,”

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/is-it-time-to-bring-back-the-hartford-whalers/

So your "proof" that there are 175,000 Whalers fans in Connecticut is based on the opinion of one person, who -- in 2013 -- estimated based on the number of Google searches for "NHL" that there are 175,000 NHL (not Whalers) fans in Hartford/New Haven. And even if that number (derived from a largely unscientific method) is close to accurate, you're jumping to the conclusion that all of those NHL fans are or would be Whalers fans? So there are no NHL fans in Connecticut who are fans of the Rangers, Bruins or any other team? That seems believable.

Edited by Mike
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

The Whale was a bust and everyone knows it but you morons on this board. You just have to make stuff up to "prove" you're right. At this point I know you idiots will never change and would be happy to see Hartford die if it meant the Whalers came back for one *****ing game I'm done with you morons. Have **n jerking each other off in Mark's Mom's basement.

And there you have it folks.  Typical

as the day is long with fans of the mentality of “Wolf Pack or nothing”

 

when uou hit them with cold, rock hard, solid facts they just name call. 

True HHF my A S S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mike said:

So your "proof" that there are 175,000 Whalers fans in Connecticut is based on the opinion of one person, who -- in 2013 -- estimated based on the number of Google searches for "NHL" that there are 175,000 NHL (not Whalers) fans in Hartford/New Haven. And even if that number (derived from a largely unscientific method) is close to accurate, you're jumping to the conclusion that all of those NHL fans are or would be Whalers fans? So there are no NHL fans in Connecticut who are fans of the Rangers, Bruins or any other team? That seems believable.

You are way too literal and they are not my numbers they are Nate Silvers, take your issue up with the author if you don’t think there are around 175k, fine by me this is a message board not a census board.  

Or offer up an opposing opinion to what you think the NHL/Whaler number is but please back it up as I have. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Whalevolution said:

You are way too literal and they are not my numbers they are Nate Silvers, take your issue up with the author if you don’t think there are around 175k, fine by me this is a message board not a census board.  

Or offer up an opposing opinion to what you think the NHL/Whaler number is but please back it up as I have. Thanks

The number 175,000 Whalers fans is YOUR number. Silver's estimate was for the number of NHL fans in the market. The word "Whalers" didn't appear at all in his original story about his "study." You took his number (which I do question since it seemed to be based simply on the number of people in the state who Googled "NHL") of NHL fans and equated it to Whalers fans on a 1:1 basis.

And, by the way, I the post I quoted you called them "my numbers," now you're saying they're not your numbers. Make up your mind are they your numbers or not?

Edited by Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meanwhile...

"The Whale was a bust and everyone knows it but you morons on this board. You just have to make stuff up to "prove" you're right. At this point I know you idiots will never change and would be happy to see Hartford die if it meant the Whalers came back for one *****ing game I'm done with you morons."

The Whale wasn't a bust...the Baldwins made terrible decisions that came back to haunt them.  21,000+ at the WhaleBowl...13,000+ at the rebrand night...averaging over 5500/game the first season...those are numbers the WolfPack haven't seen in over a decade.  When the WolfPack get either a season where they sniff 5,000/game, or they get a game that sniffs 13,000, then come back...until then, do S T F U

Edited by MarkH2919
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Mike said:

The number 175,000 Whalers fans is YOUR number. Silver's estimate was for the number of NHL fans in the market. The word "Whalers" didn't appear at all in his original story about his "study." You took his number (which I do question since it seemed to be based simply on the number of people in the state who Googled "NHL") of NHL fans and equated it to Whalers fans on a 1:1 basis.

And, by the way, I the post I quoted you called them "my numbers," now you're saying they're not your numbers. Make up your mind are they your numbers or not?

Really?  If you read the article you’ll see they are Nate Silvers and he says “Whalers 2.0” would be success**l“. “ie 175k” it’s literally the first Line I quoted in my post. 

so again if your point is the numbers you can ask him I didn’t because I agree with HIS numbers.  If they were MY numbers why the **** would I quote Nate Silver to you? I’d just tell you where I got MY numbers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"At this point I know you idiots will never change and would be happy to see Hartford die if it meant the Whalers came back"

So let me see if I have this right.  We want to "see Hartford die" because we want the WolfPack (not necessarily the AHL, but the Rangers AHL affiliate) out and the NHL back?  That's wanting to "see Hartford die"????

I thought WhalerCentral's drivel was far-fetched....but this one takes the cake.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2017 at 10:48 PM, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

Friday night, nothing else going on, and only 3000 people decide to show up. Crap on the Pack all you want, but they at least get people to come to games while they're losing.

Yea, sure, Uh-huh.....and What did you think when you woke up from that pipedream?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Friday night, nothing else going on, and only 3000 people decide to show up. Crap on the Pack all you want, but they at least get people to come to games while they're losing."

Yet two of the four WP Friday night games have FAILED to draw 3,000....

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this