Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TrueHartfordHockeyFan

3131 and dropping

12 posts in this topic

This is just getting worse and worse. I just can't see it getting better at this point. The crowd today was dead and the building was empty. It was a complete 180 compared to the Pack game, even though they were shutout. People were cheering for the Pack the entire game and it felt packed even though they're was only about 5000 people there. Also, people weren't running out with 15 minutes left in the game like they did after Vermont's 4 goal. Also, you can't use the football game as an excuse since it was one of the lowest attended games this year. They usually get around 22,000-24,000, and today they only had 18,000.

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, Whalevolution said:

More proof of the 3K STH Base

More proof no one else cares but those 3000. They should build a small arena in Storrs to fit their fans. They don't need to be playing in Hartford at all.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, robplays said:

Someone back in 2014 bragged how Whaler Nation would "sell out" the building for UConn games. Three years later and I'm still waiting to see if that ever will happen.

Don’t worry, Whaler themed events do just fine..

6 hours ago, robplays said:

Someone back in 2014 bragged how Whaler Nation would "sell out" the building for UConn games. Three years later and I'm still waiting to see if that ever will happen.

Someone?  You don’t even have the balls to say who?  Wasn’t me but just to let you know sorry you missed that UConn sell out.

Nov 5 2014 was a sell out.  

7 hours ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

More proof no one else cares but those 3000. They should build a small arena in Storrs to fit their fans. They don't need to be playing in Hartford at all.

Look we get it you are far from the first guy to hate Hartford and want bad thing so to happen.  You guys are a dime a dozen.  But while 3000k isn’t a ton of people it’s quite comparable to other HE games in the league so calm down no sky is falling like you wish it was. 

Having real Hockey fans, who root for Hartford has always been part of the problem. 

I agree with you on many things in this thread but this "uconn hockey isn't drawing" stance is laughable. While i was there friday and love suppoting uconn hockey, college hockey has a limited niche fanbase when the team is below .500. As a matter of fact most college hockey games aren't getting much more than 3,000 people a night. Unless you can prove the average sub .500 hockey program is drawing 5,000+ per night on average at their local rink your argument is stupid.

Vermont isn't a top 10 contender nor do they have alumni in CT that are dying to see the below .500 team. Ohio state will be the same thing next week as far as alumni are not dying to see them and uconn fans won't have some sort of rivaled history with the buckeyes to pack the place. Show us stats that uconn is one of the worse drawing college teams out there otherwise none of your stance makes sense. AHL hockey has better talent, fights and 1 dollar hot dogs so they should be drawing better even if they have 41 home games. But the wolf pack if you want to talk attendance have fell off since 1997.

1 person likes this

Ohh another guy who thinks he’s been right about me.. no need to prove myself to someone who signed up here just to poke **n and have no use**l input here.. You guys should start a crew for yourselves.. antihartfordwhalerhaterguys.. you can be the cheif and biggie your right hand man.. 

also I may be from jersey but I have more heart in Hartford and Connecticut than some of you fake boys.

So lets actually compare numbers of Uconn a below .500 team to other college hockey weekend home games of other schools. Then we will actually face the reality when it comes to turnout in cities vs. turnout in college towns where all they have is college sports.

10/21/17 UVM @ Michigan at an on campus stadium Attendance: 4,988

11/4/17 UNH @ Um***** Amherst on campus Attendance: 2,986

10/28/17 Ferris State @ Bemidji State on campus Attendance: 3,260

All these games had the advantage of being on campus in towns that outside of other college sports have no other minor league or pro teams that are nearby. Michigan has 44,000 students and they couldn't fill up a 5,800 seat arena in a state that has frozen lakes everywhere? Bemidji State is a school will hockey is king compaired to all other sports and a pro team is over 4 hours away from the campus. And they only get a few hundred more people for a weekend game? Mind you that schools program is over 500.

College hockey is a niche of a niche event for people to attend. Most games on average you are getting around 3 to 4K people coming out. And if anything the most p*****ionate fans for college sports are in rural towns that live and die by college sports not major cities. Again please prove me wrong and show for Uconns record and talent level what other schools on the same tier are vastly outdrawing Uconn.

1 person likes this

Hockey East capped the UConn capacity at the XL Center at 8,089.  I was at the first UConn game (and have been at EVERY UConn home game since they joined Hockey East), and I know for a fact that UConn had to turn people away the night of the first UConn home game of their first Hockey East season against BC.

22 hours ago, robplays said:

Paranoid a little? I wasn't even talking about you. I just remember someone (whoever it was) bragging about that. And I wouldn't call 8089 a "sell out" in an arena that fits 15,000. Nice try.

LOL I know you weren’t talking about me. 

I am aware of what I say and don’t say, my point is grow a pair on the accusations you should say who IMO.

And UConn did have a sellout because they are only allowed to sell 8089. They sold that and turned people away. Many HH fans were there.   This is why you might want to go back to the drawing board on some facts for this market.  The only hockey team who has never sold out a game is the Hartford Wolf Pack.  True story

Nice deflection on to me but was just wondering who you were calling out.

Topcat is hiding after being embarr*****ed last Friday night 5-1 trouncing