Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WhalerCentral

Major League Baseball wants to expand, 3rd team in New York area, Hartford mentioned

15 posts in this topic

from article: "No major metro area without baseball has a higher median income than New York, other than Hartford"

Hartford Courant: While the playoffs have been proceeding, major league baseball executives apparently have been discussing, at least conceptually, a plan for expansion to 32 teams that would shorten the regular season, expand the postseason and essentially wipe out the American and National leagues as currently configured.

The regular season would be reduced to 156 games to help reduce the stress of travel and add off days. The most interesting part of the deal would be the realignment of the 32 teams into four eight-team divisions. 

4845450242031616.png

The mention is exactly why I think the NHL keeps an eye now and then on Hartford.  Smaller market but richest market in the nation which is better than a populous place that is **ll of poverty. 

No major metro area without baseball has a higher median income than New York, other than Hartford, which is just outside New York...”

Oh God, MLB, NFL, NBA are never ever coming to Hartford.  At least that’s what I think.

There is no chance...and I mean Z-E-R-O chance of MLB coming to Hartford.  There is also Z-E-R-O chance of the NFL coming to Hartford.

If the powers that be can get their $hit together...then the two indoor major leagues are a remote possibility, with the NHL being more likely than the NBA, obviously.

This guy has to be the King of Fake news!! Where does this stuff come from!! 

Zero chance of anyone coming to Hartford, and who gives a crap about soccer!!

Ah, this old topic again. I think I remember something like this being mentioned about five or six years ago. Yeah, fat chance of this ever happening. Montreal has a better chance of getting the Expos back than Hartford has of getting a MLB team here. So what's next, the English Premier League going to put a team in Hartford?

Another Whaler Central topic with no credible link just a screen shot. I'm going to the capitol tomorrow as an undercover janitor. I will let you know if i hear any  chatter about the mlb to Hartford.

The story is legitimate...I saw it on at least three different outlets. What Frank fails to mention is that the Hartford sentence concludes with it saying the city is probably too small of a market to support an MLB team. Not definitely, but probably. 

MLB will put team in Hartford right after Pope Francis announces he's moving Holy See to Hartford. News about that will be in WhalerCentral's next thread. WhalerCentral will claim he heard some guy named Frank or Frankie or Francis talking to the Franciscans over at St. Patrick-St. Anthony Church about building Vatican HQ2 on Church Street. First Amazon HQ2 will come to the city, then Vatican HQ2.
:P

When the Tampa Bay Rays get close to the end of their insane lease with Tropicana Field, and if they have no plan for a new stadium planed out, then this article might have the slightest bit of relevance. But still, the chances of a MLB team moving to Hartford are to far remote to even consider. But it's a long way out before the Rays lease expires.

When and if Major League Baseball expands, they're definitely going back to Montreal. If I remember correctly, the city of Montreal already has a plan in play with a new stadium in the works. Let's be honest, would we rather have an MLB team or an NHL team? Honestly I'd prefer to have the Whalers back and I'm a super die hard baseball fan. 

The story is legitimate.  The chances of MLB coming to Hartford are not legitimate, they are a big fat zero.

I can't bro.  0% chance.

Besides...truth be told...you really don't WANT MLB.  Why?  Because with a MLB team in Hartford, you can say goodbye to Red Sox games on NESN, say goodbye to Yankee games on YES, say goodbye to Mets games on SNY...because of the MLB blackout/territory rules.  The only MLB games we'd get would be games involving the Hartford team.  If you wanted the others, you'd have to get the MLB package on cable or computer or whatever.

On 11/8/2017 at 9:44 PM, CaptainBrambles said:

When the Tampa Bay Rays get close to the end of their insane lease with Tropicana Field, and if they have no plan for a new stadium planed out, then this article might have the slightest bit of relevance. But still, the chances of a MLB team moving to Hartford are to far remote to even consider. But it's a long way out before the Rays lease expires.

The Rays new stadium will be in the Ybor City neighborhood. Right now, the area is f U L L of warehouses, adult entertainment business and industrial places. It will be a nice place after the Rays get there, since it will connected with Jeff Venik (Lightning owner) Water Street project.