Sign in to follow this  
MarkH2919

Yard Goats named Team Of The Year

Ballpark Digest, an online publication, has awarded the YG with "Team of the Year" recognition.

https://ballparkdigest.com/2017/11/09/2017-team-of-the-year-hartford-yard-goats/

For all the problems that were had getting Dunkin Donuts Park built...and to have the season they did attendance wise...is just f urther proof that a neutral affiliate, and the proper marketing strategy, can make a minor league sports team successf ul in this market.  It's a shame the WolfPack don't take a page or 3 out of the Yard Goats' notebook.

Edited by MarkH2919
  • Like 1

It is stories like this that show me why MLB is looking at putting a 3rd team in the area and why Connecticut could be on that list to host a new team as MLB wants to go through with an expansion, and no area in the country has more money or money TV sports viewing potential than the Hartford metro.

I put this in that hartford dwellers page and they almost lost it. 

So many “elites” were part of that 30 or so that marched opposing the stadium.  

It was a lemon production but once complete This is good lemonade expofacto

On 11/10/2017 at 10:33 AM, Whalevolution said:

NB fans who threw a fit this award is for you!

and please go to the games DnD blows away any minor league ball park that New England has ever had.

I was one of them. I think I took no more than 20 steps into that stadium, grabbed some salt & pepper and promptly ate my foot. It's amazing. The environment is electric. I went to about 10 games from Father's Day to the last game and will be buying a mini-plan this year. I was wrong and I admit it.

• Like 1

I was wrong too

when Center Plan bailed on having the stadium ready on time I expected there to be many issues.  Plus this was Center Plans first Ball Park build.  I thought that alone would mke the park less than stellar.

but it is a gem and I am impressed too. Still would rather the money had gone to XL and the team stayed in NB but all said and done it’s working out 

Yup. I felt 100% the same as you Evo. Love it or hate it, you can't ignore the fact that it is electric in that ballyard and the stadium takes AA baseball to whole new level. If anything it serves as notice to Hartford that with a little perseverance and holding onto your vision for something grand, that it can happen and the public will respond. If they can figure out a way to sell and save the XL with a major refit and then connect the venues Hartford can slowly rebuild a sagging sports and entertainment environment.